Whitney Houston’s "I Will Always Love You" surpasses one billion views on YouTube

limezd

19 hours ago, limezd said:

Her death was massive. I don’t know what your talking bout. They even had the funeral on tv. 

When she died all people talked about was her **** problems. It overshadowed her music genius. I’m glad people are finally starting to remember her for her music once again. HL was a world wide monster hit in last year. 

her bio pic is coming out soon. It’s in preproduction. She’s about to explode all over once again.

Yes, it was a huge deal but I remember they didn't give her proper tributes like they did with prince and mj. I also didn't notice that many people on my social media posting about her, not nearly as much as prince. Idk why that annoyed me. Maybe it was just what I saw. And yes, it did seem like they talked about the negatives a lot with her. 

43 minutes ago, popprison said:

Yes, it was a huge deal but I remember they didn't give her proper tributes like they did with prince and mj. I also didn't notice that many people on my social media posting about her, not nearly as much as prince. Idk why that annoyed me. Maybe it was just what I saw. And yes, it did seem like they talked about the negatives a lot with her. 

I always get the feeling that people/artists avoid paying her tribute simply because no one can properly do it justice. I mean, how could they? It’s the woman who was once called “The Voice” we’re talking about.

I know that’s not what tributes should be all about, but GP tends to lean that way. You can watch any cover of Whitney’s, and consensus on comment sections will always be “not good enough” or “no even close to the Voice”, even for some proficient singers. I don’t actually blame them for not stepping in those water...

As Brit once, rightfully so, said: “You can’t destroy that song, sweetie”

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block