Before indie club queen status, Robyn worked with Max Martin.

Spicechinodiva

We love indie Club queen Robyn, she's the dark club queen, Dancing on my own, Call your girlfriend, Body talk is one of the best dance albums to be released, along with 2005's Robyn and 2019's Honey. 

But I remember her as a teen from Sweden in the 90s, on the radio asking her man. Do you know what it takes, little did I know, she wasn't asking about winning her heart, but actually do you know what it takes to love her right in bed. When my Mom found out that she wasn't 18, she flipped out. 

Robyn was subsequently banned in the household cos she saw her as A W....h....  Ore. 

I researched despite Robyn is here Being a platinum success, RCA US dropped her cos she refused to remove the track addressing the ******** she had at 17, already Robyn was addressing issues that were common with woman her age, but because they were marketing her to teens, and she refused to edit it out for The US market. She was dropped and virtually never heard of again until she went independent and released music via Universal music under a license through her own record Konichiwa records, approiately named after the Song Konichiwa bishes. I think Robyn is more celebrated now than as a teen given how she basically said she was making music that was relevant to people her age, and she was Being told, not okay, need to market to kid's, which is something she didn't like at all. She felt kids always have these artist's marketed towards them what's wrong with a teen addressing hey just like, I'm ******, just like you, I struggle with identity issues, probably just like you come from a divorced family. She said I'm not gonna be cookie cutter and fake. Teens need artists that understand them and know what's happening. 

Enjoy one of the most Controversial teen songs of all time. 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived