Lana Del Rey drops "Chemtrails Over the Country Club" music video, shares album cover & tracklist

I just saw the music video. High budget visual and it’s a serve. The best she is done in a while. I love the dark twist at the end. But why the hell is she wearing that stupid and useless mesh face mask that gave her so much bad press a few months ago? I love Lana. But this is disrespectful. Is she trying to upset people on purpose? I don’t get it. Why Lana? Why? 

• Like 1

The visuals are stunning, she’s back and cooler than ever. I like the song but I think with a proper remix it will be much better. It’s a serve and I’m definitely looking forward for her album! I’ve been a fan since the beginning and I think she deserves waaaaaaay better than this. 

This is insane

I'm loving the whole lycanthropy cult vibe.

It's prob my fav Lana video yet

This is way better than Honeymoon, Lust For Life and Norman fkn Rockwell videos

And the director also directed Travis Scott's Goosebumps music video which is one of my fav videos of all time, props to him for keeping his distinctive style while being cohesive with Lana's aesthetic

It's really interesting how she keeps reinventing herself.

2 hours ago, Xfactor Sam said:

But why the hell is she wearing that stupid and useless mesh face mask that gave her so much bad press a few months ago? I love Lana. But this is disrespectful. Is she trying to upset people on purpose? I don’t get it. Why Lana? Why? 

I see your point, but It's good enough that she took the initiative to include a mask in a music video where the main theme is not about a pandemic imo  :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

When you think about it,  the fact that she choose to include a mask in a video that contextually does not necessarily take place in 2020 is kinda an anachronism in itself,  this is an art performance , not a sponsored "prevention measures" video made by Big Pharma :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

The mask also has to be aesthetically cohesive with the rest of the visual composition and outfits, i think it could look off if she wore a basic white N95s surgical mask :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Just my opinion tho, sorry if i come across as a jerk sometimes :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous::roxxy:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, dr34mc0r3 said:

I see your point, but It's good enough that she took the initiative to include a mask in a music video where the main theme is not about a pandemic imo  :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

When you think about it,  the fact that she choose to include a mask in a video that contextually does not necessarily take place in 2020 is kinda an anachronism in itself,  this is an art performance , not a sponsored "prevention measures" video made by Big Pharma :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

The mask also has to be aesthetically cohesive with the rest of the visual composition and outfits, i think it could look off if she wore a basic white N95s surgical mask :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Just my opinion tho, sorry if i come across as a jerk sometimes :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous::roxxy:

You don’t come across as a jerk dear. And yeah I kinda see your points too. It would be easier if she didn’t include a mask at all tho. Cause this very same mask sparkled a lot of controversy for her last year and some ppl are gonna see it and remember the event and won’t be too pleased. She also could have chosen to wear a high fashion mask without it being a mesh mask. I mean just look at how Gaga did it at the Vmas. This mask is just sending the wrong message. Doesn’t matter if the video is supposed to take place outside a pandemic world. I care for Lana a lot. I’m a big fan. So hopefully this won’t be an issue for her. Just my 2 cents. 

• Love 1

I am not even a huge fan of her, but Pc is getting insane. Now, she chooses people on the cover and everyone gets offended cause she only include one person of color? What is the ratio to not be called racist? And then, what about fiction? If you dontp document every single thing in your videos, you are an ***? Why would she have to wear a mask if it doesn`t serve the narrative? I mean, many artists have come with videos and did not wear masks. I don`t understand this kind of extreme political correctness to the point of almost censoring an artist`s choice. I hate anything racist, but I don`t see how that album cover is that? Am I missing something?

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Xfactor Sam said:

You don’t come across as a jerk dear. And yeah I kinda see your points too. It would be easier if she didn’t include a mask at all tho. Cause this very same mask sparkled a lot of controversy for her last year and some ppl are gonna see it and remember the event and won’t be too pleased. She also could have chosen to wear a high fashion mask without it being a mesh mask. I mean just look at how Gaga did it at the Vmas. This mask is just sending the wrong message. Doesn’t matter if the video is supposed to take place outside a pandemic world. I care for Lana a lot. I’m a big fan. So hopefully this won’t be an issue for her. Just my 2 cents. 

Yes i totally agree with that, it's kinda risky and weird to include that mask considering she got so much backlash for it a few months ago on social medias , her behavior has been quite confusing lately , i can't tell if it's part of a persona/character for the era or if she's just trolling everyone :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale: Seems like she's having her Blackout/Glitter era

Maybe she does that on purpose? Cause controversy does bring views and sales and Lana has the talent and charisma to get through it, i mean during Born To Die era she was also quite polarizing for a lot of people, she got a lot of backlash in 2012.. idk tbh

I loved those cyberpunk masks that Gaga used at the VMAs , the outfits were so clever.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, dr34mc0r3 said:

Yes i totally agree with that, it's kinda risky and weird to include that mask considering she got so much backlash for it a few months ago on social medias , her behavior has been quite confusing lately , i can't tell if it's part of a persona/character for the era or if she's just trolling everyone :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale: Seems like she's having her Blackout/Glitter era

Maybe she does that on purpose? Cause controversy does bring views and sales and Lana has the talent and charisma to get through it, i mean during Born To Die era she was also quite polarizing for a lot of people, she got a lot of backlash in 2012.. idk tbh

I loved those cyberpunk masks that Gaga used at the VMAs , the outfits were so clever.

Yeah I think its on purpose. I guess she is pulling the controversy card. She is sure making people talk this era. If this could bring in some more sales/views without hurting her career severely. Then I mean good for her. At the end of the day, press (good or bad) is still press.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block