Britney's Videography: its impact on MTV LA

Adriannn

What up Exhale,

Back in the day and until 2010, MTV Latin America had a show called “Los 10 + Pedidos”, which was the equivalent to TRL. Like me, many were glued to the TV from Monday to Friday watching those videos that had made it to the top 10, and to the summit, of course, all this being fan-voted. :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Our very own princess was a staple in this show; therefore, I decided to show you a little bit of how some of her music videos did. It’s only some of them because, as vast as the internet is, I was not able to find the countdowns prior to 2001, and the show ended in 2010. This is a shame, since iconic videos by Brit that surely hit, -or would have- number one, cannot be included. Nevertheless, from 2004 onwards, I was an eye witness to how she used to storm this countdown –before that, I was more into watching cartoons.- :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

What you will see is the list of her music videos which runs I found in this amazing blog: https://muvimas.blogspot.com/2010/04/archivo-los-10-pedidos-norte-y-sur.html  

Their peaks –mostly 1s- are indicated, as well as the number of days they stayed atop. :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

Also, make sure you read the notes.

Don’t Let Me Be the Last to Know – 3 NOTE 1

I’m A Slave 4 U – 1 [x16]

Overprotected – 1 [x16]

I’m Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman – 1 [x4]

I Love Rock N Roll – 1 [1x15]

Boys – 1 [x15]

Me against the Music Ft. Madonna - 1 [x14]

Toxic – 1 [x22]

Everytime – 1 [x6]

My Prerogative - 1 [x10]

Do Somethin´ – 1 [x2]

Someday – 1 [x1]

Gimme More – [2] NOTE 2

Piece of Me – 1 [x11]

Womanizer – 1 [x6] NOTE 2

Circus – 1 [x10]

If U Seek Amy – 1 [x6]

Radar – 6

3 – 1 [x1] NOTE 2

NOTE 1: the archive for 2001 was not complete, which makes ‘DLBTLTK’ very likely to have peaked higher.

NOTE 2: part of the run of these music videos took place in December and January. During the last two weeks in December and the first two in January, MTV would air a year-end countdown of the 100 most requested videos instead. Thus, it is reasonable to believe that ‘Gimme More’ peaked at number one, and that ‘Womanizer’ and ‘3’ spent more days atop.

A true queen, isn't she? :qtbrit_britney_2015_smile_happy:

Finally, I would like to acknowledge @PokemonSpears and his thread on 'My Prerogative' anniversary, where he mentioned 'Los 100 + Pedidos', and to @JP9101, who brought up 'Los 10 + Pedidos' and sent me straight to memories land, inspiring me to write this thread. :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support: 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If 2001 was complete we would probably see the slayage of Stronger. Stronger despite appearing at #70 - something in he 2000's Top 100, it landed at #1 in 2001 (even though DLMBTLTK, Slave and Overprotected were newer)

Overprotected and Toxic were robbed of their respective Top 100, by not appearing, not even at #100.  :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

Also OIDIA, besides being #1 on the 2000's Top 100, it was also #1 on the countdown for the entire decade (2000-2009)

We also had the Top 20 on the weekends, but that was independent of the Top 10 during the weekdays.

5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

If 2001 was complete we would probably see the slayage of Stronger. Stronger despite appearing at #70 - something in he 2000's Top 100, it landed at #1 in 2001 (even though DLMBTLTK, Slave and Overprotected were newer)

Overprotected and Toxic were robbed of their respective Top 100, by not appearing, not even at #100.  :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

Also OIDIA, besides being #1 on the 2000's Top 100, it was also #1 on the countdown for the entire decade (2000-2009)

We also had the Top 20 on the weekends, but that was independent of the Top 10 during the weekdays.

Yes, Toxic and Overprotected were totally robbed. 
Oh, the top 20, I really enjoyed those Saturday mornings. Actually I found a FB page with a few videos recalling the top 20. 

27 October, 2000:

9. Ricky Martin - She Bangs
8. Bon Jovi - Say It Isn't So
7. Bloodhound Gang - Blood
6. Robbie Williams - Rock Dj
5. Christina Aguilera - Ven Conmigo (Solamente Tú)
New Video: The Offspring - Original Prankster
4. Westlife - If I Let You Go
3. Limp Bizkit - My Generation
2. Britney Spears - Lucky
1. Backstreet Boys - Shape of My Heart

I miss Carmen :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:  Here we can see when they selected some new VJ's, including Mexico's Rafita Valderrama (he then moved to Telehit to host Black & White with Omar Chaparro and Perico)

3 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

Wow! The graphics were so odd yet so cool! 
I remember stealing my dad’s phone to vote in Contra lol 

It was really exciting every time they changed the graphics for the whole channel. :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

Back in the day they used to play videos all day, we had "Videorama" which was like segments of 30 min - 1 hr random videos, but there were also the Top 5 's which were themed (but they usually were more than 5 videos counting the extra clips).

Weekends were themed too, like Summer videos, or videos shot in black and white, etc. (so did Nickelodeon)

36 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

It was really exciting every time they changed the graphics for the whole channel. :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

Back in the day they used to play videos all day, we had "Videorama" which was like segments of 30 min - 1 hr random videos, but there were also the Top 5 's which were themed (but they usually were more than 5 videos counting the extra clips).

Weekends were themed too, like Summer videos, or videos shot in black and white, etc. (so did Nickelodeon)

Maaaaan, I miss those times. I really liked Gabo (I follow him on IG), and Mecha as well. 
Yes! The graphic changes were so cool to watch.

About the themed weekend, I remember that the week prior to the VMAs, they would have specials with the last year ceremony and cool stuff about nominees. It must have been a Viacom thing, Nickelodeon weekends were awesome too! 

Telehit... its resolution was, like lower I think lol, but it always offered a much greater musical variety than MTV. I loved it. 

Just now, Adriannn said:

Yes! North, Central, and South. The one I wrote about is North (MX). 

Yas that thing!..

I remember two of the main VJs, Carmen and Ruth used to shade Britney all the time when presenting her videos in the show.
Months later when Ruth interviewed Britney she was like "HOO WE ARE BFF!"... those snakes :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:.

1 minute ago, Barajas said:

Yas that thing!..

I remember two of the main VJs, Carmen and Ruth used to shade Britney all the time when presenting her videos in the show.
Months later when Ruth interviewed Britney she was like "HOO WE ARE BFF!"... those snakes :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:.

No way! Those bxxxes, at least Gabo and Mecha were not like that. 

48 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

No way! Those bxxxes, at least Gabo and Mecha were not like that. 

I remember Gabo (besides being Ash's voice in Latin America) he started on Nickelodeon, on that section called Patrulla Nick. And there was this clip where they introduced themselves, and his said "Hola soy Gabriel, y me gusta comer sano (or raro) " and he was eating I think a slice of watermelon and a glass of milk :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish::haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: but the video was recorded like in reverse.

I don't know if I'm dreaming all of that, but I've always had that memory lol

5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I remember Gabo (besides being Ash's voice in Latin America) he started on Nickelodeon, on that section called Patrulla Nick. And there was this clip where they introduced themselves, and his said "Hola soy Gabriel, y me gusta comer sano (or raro) " and he was eating I think a slice of watermelon and a glass of milk :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish::haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: but the video was recorded like in reverse.

Dude! Your memory! That’s all true! Maaaaaan those times! 

Just now, PokemonSpears said:

I remember Nickelodeon was where I saw Baby One More Time for the first time, they used to put the video in between shows. Videos by Back Street Boys, Nsync and Xtina were there too. This is how I transitioned from Pokemons to pop music culture haha :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:.

14 minutes ago, Barajas said:

I remember Nickelodeon was where I saw Baby One More Time for the first time, they used to put the video in between shows. Videos by Back Street Boys, Nsync and Xtina were there too. This is how I transitioned from Pokemons to pop music culture haha :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:.

I remember seeing Oops and Arrasando and El Baile del Gorila :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: they even put the lyrics

Archived