BLACKPINK's new documentary to Netflix is out now! Have you seen it?

MrPieceOfMe

I wish it was longer! I really enjoyed it and while it was nice to get to know them more I still feel like it just scratched the surface of how hard their trainee days were. Very interesting process and super inspiring to see how hard they worked to just be considered a group!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, jordeezy said:

I dont understand how everyone can endorse the devaluation of music.  Sorry, I think training camps to make manufactured Pop stars is very backward thinking.  

I think there's a lot of problematic aspects when it comes to the trainee system, but I don't see how it "devalues" music. It's just another type of music, and some of our favorite pop stars from back in the day were just as manufactured (except they didn't have to go through a rigorous trainee system). If you consume and look at K-Pop as a product that's meant to be consumed, it "devalues" jack ****. I listen to K-Pop for bops - fun music that can lift my spirits and give me a dopamine rush. If I want something more meaningful, I listen to Western singer-songwriters. No one's sitting around and pretending that K-Pop is this epitome of artistry (besides some REALLY delusional fangirls). Furthermore, some of the biggest K-Pop idols out there right now write a lot of their own songs, and more and more are following suit. It doesn't affect me since I don't understand what they're singing about, but I'm just saying that it's not any more manufactured than Britney is / was. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

• Love 2

Meh! As a k pop Stan I already knew most of what was said, but I guess It accomplished it’s goal: to introduce them to the world and “get to know them” a little better. Still hate how manufactured everything is. I love Kpop music but I feel like most artists don’t even connect with their own music. They just perform and channel whatever they are given. I hope the kpop industry will evolve and give their artists a bit more creative control, that would be interesting to watch. 

• Like 1

Those trainee days must have been really rough, having to be graded everyday and constantly told you may not be good enough. And it looks like after their careers took off it was even worse with grueling promo and tour schedules and then constantly worrying if the GP will like you. I hope these girls take care of themselves

I think it's crazy how they are even breaking into Americas music's industry while still singing some Korean, not easy to do. I respect them bc they are very humble and in interviews they are not dressing like complete trash just to have people watch them more. Mad respect and Britney needs their designer for her next performances. 

I really tried to, but I couldn't get into it. Didn't make it past the first 15 mins.

It's just way too cringy, they try to sell you on the idea they're super creative when in reality you already know they're so plastic and pre-fabricated it's just hard to watch.

I'm sure it's going to be a killing success with their die hard teenage fans that buy everything they put out no questions asked. (Like me with Britney in the 2000's XD)

britney spears smile GIF

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block