Britney Spears was hospitalized twice in January 2008. The first time, it happened after she reportedly locked herself in a bathroom w/ her two kids. She was then strapped to a gurney, and it made front news (Star Magazine sure lacked class...).

Later on that month, she was once again hospitalized after reportedly not sleeping for three days in a row. (There was that pic of her w/ that pink wig and that pack of Red Bull, apparently to stay awake.) I remember reading on X17 Online that Britney had a psychiatrist (Dr. Deborah Nadel) at the time that would prescribe her meds, that Sam Lutfi crushed (those?) pills and put them in her food in order to "heal her brain" and that Britney willingly agreed to be taken to the hospital during an intervention by Lynne Spears. And it's that second hospitalization that directly led to the conservatorship then made permanent. I suppose Lou Taylor (reportedly the mastermind behind the c-ship) had already been in talks w/ Lynne and Jamie Spears, right?

I'm just unsure as to what exactly led to that 2nd hospitalization. Lutfi (years later) claimed in court that Britney was doing ****. And some speculated it was all a set-up... What about it? What if Britney was never committed that evening? Would she have avoided being placed under c-ship?

And regarding use of the word "voluntary" in the latest court document... We know Britney did not voluntarily seek c-ship; she even tried to fight it a few times back then. (Heck, she was even caught, according to court documents, trying to call Sam Lutfi a few years after being placed under c-ship—she must have seriously mistrusted Jamie back then!)

I think "voluntary" simply means that if it's voluntary, Britney can opt to terminate the c-ship any time she pleases.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Needleney said:

I have never ever heard about the rumor ‘Britney being hospitalized because of being awake for 3 days.’:jtum: Have i missed something?

It was reported at the time she had not slept for about 3 days. If I recall correctly, some speculated it was because she did not trust her parents and wanted to stay awake just to make sure.

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

It was reported at the time she had not slept for about 3 days. If I recall correctly, some speculated it was because she did not trust her parents and wanted to stay awake just to make sure.

I call it bull****. You dont get ‘Hospitalized’ after being 3 days awake in a row. I know people who were 3 days awake in a row while high on ***** and stuff, without ever being hospitalized. Eventually you will fall asleep, and you’ll be fine.  You do need a view days to recover your energy level tho. :cheese:

Ofcourse its far from healthy, but hospitalization? Hmmmm, i dunnow. Unless she had other ****ed up -unhealthy- stuff going on. 

47 minutes ago, Danielle1987 said:

I think the second hospitalization was a set up to get her into the conservatorship (referencing her handwritten letters) & I don’t trust Lynne’s account of events (based on court testimonials of 4 others, one being a court-appointed monitor for Child Protective Services). 

I hold your same thoughts. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Danielle1987 said:

I think the second hospitalization was a set up to get her into the conservatorship (referencing her handwritten letters) & I don’t trust Lynne’s account of events (based on court testimonials of 4 others, one being a court-appointed monitor for Child Protective Services). 

Here's an article that was published at the time:

LAPD Copters Ensured Britney Wouldn't Flee

X17 has been told by sources close to Britney's family that the helicopters circling above Britney's home last night and into the early morning were part of a pre-hatched, tightly orchestrated effort to make sure Brit didn't flee her home before police could get a warrant to enter her house and have her taken into custody under a 5150 involuntary psychiatric hold.

Apparently the family or law enforcement thought there was a significant risk of Britney leaving her home before emergency workers could get to her. We believe that's exactly what happened Tuesday night -- the "intervention" that was reportedly supposed to take place then was perhaps not an intervention at all, but an effort to get Britney to the hospital under a 5150.

When Britney left her house in a huff with her new paparazzo friend Filipe, she hooked up with "boyfriend" Adnan and the two drove north on the freeway, as we reported yesterday. We believe they may have turned around to go home after Brit's mom Lynne directed Adnan to do so. By the time the couple had returned home, Lynne's plans were ruined and she knew she would have to try again the next day ...

What's your prediction for the next step in the Britney saga? When her 72 hours under the 5150 hold are up, will she go home to Beverly Hills with Sam? Go home to Louisiana with her mother? Or head off into the sunset with Adnan???"
https://www.x17online.com/2008/01/lapd_copters_ensured_britney_wouldnt_flee

• Love 2
Just now, Arckangel said:

And she didn't know a c-ship was being filed for... She should have been given the chance to contest it.

I think by then she already knew about the conservatorship since it was granted while she was still in the hospital. This is when Jamie told the judge it would be better for her not to be notified because it would disrupt her treatment...

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think by then she already knew about the conservatorship since it was granted while she was still in the hospital. This is when Jamie told the judge it would be better for her not to be notified because it would disrupt her treatment...

Yes she knew since she was in hospital, it appears she was noticed by her family law firm Trope & Trope who were then one who got the lawyer Adam Streisand for her. But it was too late, on Feb 1 the temporary cship already took away most of her right if not all.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Needleney said:

I call it bull****. You dont get ‘Hospitalized’ after being 3 days awake in a row. I know people who were 3 days awake in a row while high on ***** and stuff, without ever being hospitalized. Eventually you will fall asleep, and you’ll be fine.  You do need a view days to recover your energy level tho. :cheese:

Ofcourse its far from healthy, but hospitalization? Hmmmm, i dunnow. Unless she had other ****ed up -unhealthy- stuff going on. 

She had other unhealthy stuff going on.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Meaner03 said:

What led to the second 5150 seems to be nothing but part of the set up.

Dr Deborah Nadel was treating Britney for a week or two, according to Sam L Britney refused to take those antipsychotics she prescribed to her because it would make her feel too. But the January 31 intervention was planned in advance like reported by the LAPD (i think we found the article last year in the old FreeBritney thread and exposed that) They needed her there for at least 3 days, claimed she had dementia got granted a first temporart cship, asked the court to not notice her of the February 4th hearing. By then it was alreadt over for her, she lost all her right and they took control of everything, bank accounts, house, car, credit cards, who she can talk to or not ect...

She lost her custody rights the minute she checked into rehab for the third time back in February 2007.

That was a setup as well.

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I suspect she was being threatened with a conservatorship way back in January 2007.

It's why she sprung herself from rehab the first two times in February 2007.