Cool theory: is homosexuality nature's response to overpopulation?

Illegally EATEN

9 hours ago, DonoDotto said:

Sweetie Ill say this one more time... I didnt ask a question, I suggested a theory as a discussion starter. This is a discussion, its unclear why youre going all militant. Take care.

"I didnt ask a question"- Literally the title of your thread is a question,sweetie.:gimmemoar:

"its unclear why youre going all militant."- I love how me explaining my opinion to you and trying to have the discussion you claim to want to have is somehow militant. If you don't want to be challenged on your theory then don't start a thread about it and accuse people of being militant if they have a different point of view. You don't want a discussion at all lol.:billie:

You're rude and literally incapable of having a discussion without getting offended. Take care,sweetie.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/8/2020 at 10:39 AM, DonoDotto said:

Not necessarily. There are many aspects of science we know little to nothing about.

Black matter, human pheromones, qi, corona (😬), those are just some examples.

Who is to say there isnt something in place that relays to a womb/fetus that a child should be gay?

Loving the discussion!

However, this is more of a getting stoned thought lmao. Overpopulation is only due to the systems in place that WE created. Homosexuality has existed forever in nature. Apes and Monkey also engage in homosexual acts. 

In nature *** isn't just for reproduction its for fun, just like us. So if you look at it through a lens of science, it is just a variation of a species, that's all. A lot of things in the natural world don't have a reason behind their evolution/existence. The universe is a chaotic series of non-linear events happening at the same time, there is no reactionary response to one thing (i.e. overpopulation). 

21 hours ago, johnnyswanda said:

Homosexual people CAN reproduce!

Lesbian can get pregnant and (healthy) gay man can make a woman pregnant. Naturally. In it´s purest form. 

Being gay or lesbian means that you are s3xually attracted to same s3x and you fall in love with same ***. It doesn´t mean that your organs doesn´t work properly.

So my answer is NO. It is not nature´s way to prevent overpopulation. 

And as someone before me mentioned, homosexuality has been around since FOREVER. Which makes me even more mad at certain religions! It was everywhere, asia, egypt,...you can see ancient drawings on walls, where people of same s3x were pleasing each other. So it really and in fact is a matter of ´´recent´´ times since church etc... 

But nice thought though and cannot deny that it didnt cross my mind too before! glad you brought that up, would like to see more serious and open minded topics like that in here..in our community..it is important to discuss things that concern US. 

I mean... There are physical adaptations and then there are BEHAVIORAL adaptions (this scenario)

6 hours ago, ralphcornio said:

It's an interesting point of view. If you only consider *** though, by looking at other species you'll find that 'gay' or 'bisexual'  behavior can be found easily. A vulgar, but precise comparison, is when dogs are willing to mate, and since there are no females around, they'll rely on their male companions (just like 'straight' men in real life) :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:
However it's different with humans, as there seems to be some social construction around being gay in every culture, specially in gay man. In that aspect, and thinking in division of labor terms (in an opinion I'll most likely be criticized for), gays (gay men in particular) seems to come to do tasks straight men and women are not so good at. You can say it's prejudicial and all, but gay men tend to have a much better understanding of graphic design, architecture and fashion than straight people in general. When I think about what you said, that gay seem to have a 'natural purpose', I think that it could have much more to do with things like that, than overpopulation control, but we do come from the same place.

A little superficiality on an online forum doesnt hurt :imacoolmom:

We can discuss both:)

PS you mustve missed my Disco Stick vs Bass thread :kylie:

• Content Curators

well idk about this one but if it is true then i guess it backfired cause im my moms 3rd child (she even had two miscarriages before me after having two girls) and i have a HUGEEE family(extended)

well turns out i like boys and girls so i guess it half worked 

maybe nature can try it on my kids :kylie:

• Content Curators
On 9/8/2020 at 1:31 PM, DonoDotto said:

In terms of bi guys. Ive found that "bi tops" may actually be bi, but "bi bottoms" are literally *always* just closeted gays in denial nnnn 🤷‍♂️

In general it seems that most "bi" guys are just gays trying to preserve their outward masculinity.

personally as a bi guy (can i just say i hate labels and the idea of coming out it pisses me off) this topic is always hard to ponder on  

ive gotten this a few times before but i dont personally take any offence to it bc in the end its my ****** preference so idk why it must be openly talked about and poked at, plus being called gay isnt offensive it just means i like **** only, big deal 

but i can def see people faking bisexuality to be seen as more acceptable which tbh doesnt even make sense cause i feel like bi people are given a harder time in certain areas  with the sterotypes of them cheating, faking not being gay, always having threesomes etc

On 9/8/2020 at 2:31 PM, DonoDotto said:

In terms of bi guys. Ive found that "bi tops" may actually be bi, but "bi bottoms" are literally *always* just closeted gays in denial nnnn 🤷‍♂️

In general it seems that most "bi" guys are just gays trying to preserve their outward masculinity.

Being a bi, versatile guy, I can confirm there are absolutely cases and cases. Some bi guys already confirmed they act exactly as you said. For me, if I'm high / on alcohol, every experience seems valid, and I'm equally attracted to female and male. I know some people NEED gay / bi / pan / qia+ flags to feel 'secure, based' and to have a feeling of belonging to a major group, but honestly, I think that if we all put those labels away and didn't really care, most of us would find themselves attracted to both woman and man. Perhaps more or less, but I doubt it the world would be segmented like it is wasn't for all the social meaning attributed to each ****** 'option'.

Archived