Aaliyah's music is finally coming to streaming platforms

The estate of the R&B icon Aaliyah has officially announced that her music is finally coming to streaming platforms.

"To our loyal fans: We are excited to announce that communication has commenced between the estate and various record labels about the status of Aaliyah's music catalog, as well as its availability on streaming platforms in the near future," the statement read.

"Thank you for your continued love and support. More updates to come!"

Only available is the now very controversial "Age Ain't Nothing But a Number" produced by disgraced R. Kelly. 

The original Timbaland sound, which birthed Justin Timberlake and introduced us to Missy, is coming.

I'll post the greatest production that Timbaland and Missy did for baby girl below.

Aaliyah tragically died on August 25th, 2001.

She would probably leave you alone.

She would probably cut you off from her phone.

I bet you she would be glad that you were gone. 

The only song to debut at #1 in the US based off the radio airplay alone. 

No other song has been able to do this. aaliyah.jpg.229b0c703ec807fe86476b35f3a3dfa6.jpg

• Love 4

I literally have all of her CDs, including the double disc I Care 4 U with all her videos on DVD, and also the deluxe special edition version of Aaliyah, which also comes with a DVD. I love how instantly you can pull up most any song by streaming digitally, but albums like these should have been there long ago, and nobody was gonna keep me from listening for that long. I have a discman with an aux cord in my car just so I can listen to the albums you can’t get anywhere when I’m driving. Side note: if you are in Canada you are lucky to have both Girlicious albums, we barely got the first one recently after only having the Like Me/Stupid S*** single and Drank from the Jersey Shore soundtrack. Thankfully I have the physical copies but it’s a shame how music gets restricted. They should have never done Aaliyah like that. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Guylicious4201340323093 said:

I literally have all of her CDs, including the double disc I Care 4 U with all her videos on DVD, and also the deluxe special edition version of Aaliyah, which also comes with a DVD. I love how instantly you can pull up most any song by streaming digitally, but albums like these should have been there long ago, and nobody was gonna keep me from listening for that long. I have a discman with an aux cord in my car just so I can listen to the albums you can’t get anywhere when I’m driving. Side note: if you are in Canada you are lucky to have both Girlicious albums, we barely got the first one recently after only having the Like Me/Stupid S*** single and Drank from the Jersey Shore soundtrack. Thankfully I have the physical copies but it’s a shame how music gets restricted. They should have never done Aaliyah like that. 

Her uncle sold her music and as her official team says. Many people own it, not one label. 

Everything about her videos were iconic.  It's kind of sad how she's been excluded from the pop-music lexicon as the eras of old have taken on new life with new technology, growing with us, and her catalogue has been left behind.  I wonder if it's too late for people to care or if she'll have a mass revival.  Her family did her legacy dirty.  Or maybe there's a silver lining and people will be lined up around the block to celebrate her again once the flood gates open.

I think her legacy won’t be remembered for two reasons: her catalogue of music not being part of the streaming platforms  and her passing away too soon. Whoever was the marketer behind her brand, did a very bad job. That’s just my opinion ofc.

Also, I always wanted to listen to her music but I gave up at one point because it was hard for me to find a link to download it (or stream it). Don’t get me wrong, but I don’t buy music I never heard of before and considering the fact that she was dead my curiosity died down. 

I love the song in the OP and me and my family enjoy ‘Romeo Must Die’. ❤️
romeo-must-die-885700l.jpg

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block