What do you feel about Lorde?

Lorde was 16 years old at the start of her success so people need to cut her a bit of slack for anything controversial she might have said (which honestly wasn't much at all).

I think she's talented and unique but I didn't think Melodrama was as exciting for me as her debut Pure Heroine. As much as every artist deserves to work in their own individual way, I think she's far too young and too fresh on the scene to be taking regular long breaks in between albums. It was crucial for her to keep momentum from album to album so that she remained "the big new thing" (unfair absolutely, but that's how it is) but the space between her first and second albums caused a loss of public interest and right now, I doubt 80% of people even remember her. She's not even 25 yet and I fear she's already going to find herself in "flop" territory when she resurfaces so whatever she comes out with next has got to be really special but also really radio-friendly. :decisions:

Saying all that, without her, Billie Eilish probably wouldn't be around right now with her style of music. Trouble is, Billie has taken that genre and completely surpassed Lorde in terms of constantly releasing stuff and keeping in the public eye.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
40 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

She is one the greatest lyricist of our times. Weird enough, 'Royals' is the song of hers I think about the least. 'Tennis Court', 'Team', 'Glory and Gore', and of course 'Ribs' are amazing.

Needless to say, 'Melodrama' deserved to be the album of the year,  but well...:nochillbrit:

She’s always been this mysterious and outcast pop girl which I liked, but she’s waiting too much to release an album. At least drop singles here and there.:nochillbrit:

When I think about her, I think about Yellow Flicker Beat, Team, Perfect Places and ofc the enormous Royals!

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, ShatteredAss98 said:

Lorde was 16 years old at the start of her success so people need to cut her a bit of slack for anything controversial she might have said (which honestly wasn't much at all).

I think she's talented and unique but I didn't think Melodrama was as exciting for me as her debut Pure Heroine. As much as every artist deserves to work in their own individual way, I think she's far too young and too fresh on the scene to be taking regular long breaks in between albums. It was crucial for her to keep momentum from album to album so that she remained "the big new thing" (unfair absolutely, but that's how it is) but the space between her first and second albums caused a loss of public interest and right now, I doubt 80% of people even remember her. She's not even 25 yet and I fear she's already going to find herself in "flop" territory when she resurfaces so whatever she comes out with next has got to be really special but also really radio-friendly. :decisions:

She was really a child when she released Royals. I remember her petty *** shading Britney at some point. :nicki2:

I agree with you in terms of music. She’s fading too young too soon, but I think she will find some balance with this next record. I think she’s STILL not over yet! The music industry needs an artist like Lorde so I doubt they will end her! 

Did you guys know that Lana Del Rey and Lorde do not like each other :waitwhat: like I never knew this until I searched Where is Lordes’ new music and an article came up about them shading each other :mhm: I do like Lorde but fear that Billie may have replaced her :yesokay: we’ll see though. She is talented and has scammys :oprah:

• Haha 3
15 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Did you guys know that Lana Del Rey and Lorde do not like each other :waitwhat: like I never knew this until I searched Where is Lordes’ new music and an article came up about them shading each other :mhm: I do like Lorde but fear that Billie may have replaced her :yesokay: we’ll see though. She is talented and has scammys :oprah:

I never heard Lana acknowledging any of them tho. Lorde has this bitcchy attitude and I can see them shading each other. :ponderney:

52 minutes ago, Neneleaks said:

I've never liked her. Her voice was unique for a minute. She's a terrible performer. I never liked how she felt the need to tear down other female pop singers to advance her agenda in the beginning of her career. 

I'm glad her stans love her. Everyone deserves to have someone to root for! :sneer:

:ponderney:

I feel like she will lose her 6 or 7 fans left if she doesn’t release asap. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block