Which era was more successful: BOMT or OIDIA

Blackout2006

Vote for which era was bigger? BOMT or OIDIA  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He-yo everyone! :imok:

So we all been knew, that 1999-2000 were the biggest years of Britneys career. In these two years, she had released 2 mega-huge eras. The ...Baby One More Time era, and Oops...i did it again era. These two eras were easily massive, with BOMT birthing the most iconic song of the late 90s, and OIDIA birthing the most iconic song of the early 00s. So, it came up as a question to my head...which era was more successful?

BOMT was released in January of 1999, debuting at No.1 with 121k sales, managing to sell 2 million copies within 1 or 2 months. The album garnered huge commercial success, with 3 highly successful singles, BOMT, YDMC, and Sometimes. The album became the best-selling female album of 1999 (and 2nd best-selling overall) selling 10 million copies within a YEAR. It became the most successful teenage debut album, becoming diamond certified (for selling 12 million copies in the US) and has now sold 33 million copies globally. It is always regarded as Britneys biggest era.

1 year, 15 months later...Britney would drop the lead single for her sophomore album and it would proceed to become the hugest hit of the year 2000. She would then release the album of the same name, OIDIA and the album sold 1.319 million copies within a week and managing to sell 2.5 million globally in its first week. The album AGAIN became the best-selling female album of 2000, selling 9 million copies within a year, and selling 28 milllion copies in total giving britney her second diamond album in the US (10 million).

So which era was bigger, more successful, and popular? Vote in the poll :sendinglove: 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived