Talks begin for a "Lady Marmalade" reunion to celebrate its 20th anniversary

• Leader

marmalde.jpg.c349494014dc6124eeee76fd650bed8d.jpg

Mya teases a "Lady Marmalade" reunion to celebrate the iconic track's 20th anniversary in 2021.

"Next year’s the 20th anniversary so I hope we have a reunion together. I’m sure we’ll get together and do something and I’m hoping it’ll be on stage or television, that’d be amazing," she tells Metro.

"I’m not sure how that would work to get four, well five because Missy Elliott was involved as well, that’s a lot of budget and we’re in different times and so are the labels."

She also reflected on the creation process:

"I remember the first time cutting my background vocals and we were all recording in the same exact studio.  ‘All the ladies recorded their background vocals there and then we did our solo parts separately on different days – and different states, I’m sure.  ‘After that process was complete we headed to the rehearsal studio to begin the filming of the video for Tia Landon, one of Janet Jackson’s big choreographers. We received a Grammy which was awesome and that was kind of it! We did the song one more time after that at Wango Tango California and ran into each other on tours etc."

Exhale, are we here for a reunion? Or is it too cheesy? Sound off. :chrissy:

• Love 4

This Is Gonna Have To Be A Harsh No.  Lil Kim, Mya, And Unfortunately Xtina Aren’t Relevant Enough For Then To Get Buzz For It.  Xtina Maybe Because She Still Has A Fanbase.  The Other Two?  No.  They Haven’t Had A Hit Since.  The Only One Of Then Still Popular Is P!nk, And Even She Is Fizzling Our Of Popularity.  Plus I Don’t Really Think It’s Remembered That Much, Only 90s Kids Recall It, And What 90s Kids Still Care About A Collabo From 2001.  They Should Move On, Sorry Not Sorry.  A Reunion Is A Bad Idea. 

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block