I have a theory that Britney Jean was actually supposed to be Britney's post-humous album

MyahJeanSpears

36 minutes ago, C0CKy said:

I can totally see that.

I’m with you in regards to Work Beach. I’ve always felt it was her handlers sending a message to Britney herself. Especially considering she didn’t even sing it. 

And you might be on to something with that weird religious overtone on some of the songs. That has Lou written all over it. Just like her Instagram. 

Is it just me or does the till the world remix with nicki seem like a punch in the face to her too. The lyrics nicki raps always seemed so off to me. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JonJon92 said:

Is it just me or does the till the world remix with nicki seem like a punch in the face to her too. The lyrics nicki raps always seemed so off to me. 

I never took it that way but I’m open to hearing why you think that. :mhmnod:

25 minutes ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

Mastering could not save half those tracks from sounding dated and from 5-10 years before though. ;)

Say what you want, but its odd to have Britney only be on 25% of the vocals on that album and that is someone nobody will ever be able to justify or explain.

Well only 25% vocals came to the album, because Sony music has many controversies like this. There was also one like this Michael Jackson itself for his self-titled

59 minutes ago, C0CKy said:

I can totally see that.

I’m with you in regards to Work Beach. I’ve always felt it was her handlers sending a message to Britney herself. Especially considering she didn’t even sing it. 

And you might be on to something with that weird religious overtone on some of the songs. That has Lou written all over it. Just like her Instagram. 

I agree.  Britney herself has never been really comfortable with it.  You can see that when she resisted talking about it in live interviews.  But then she lost all control of her life and her voice a long time ago. 

Just now, UnyewsualYew said:

This topic made me listen to this album for the first time in years. Its...interesting....alien is still a mess of a production as ever:teigen:

OMG haha I feel sort of bad that you subjected yourself to the awfulness of this torture-inducing album over this topic. 

How are you coping?

2 minutes ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

OMG haha I feel sort of bad that you subjected yourself to the awfulness of this torture-inducing album over this topic. 

How are you coping?

Currently on Perfume. I do like perfume, hold on tight and enjoy work ***** for the production - I don't really class it as a Britney song if you know what I mean? But I do really love the song itself. 

Just now, UnyewsualYew said:

Currently on Perfume. I do like perfume, hold on tight and enjoy work ***** for the production - I don't really class it as a Britney song if you know what I mean? But I do really love the song itself. 

I love everything about Perfume except for the main chorus. And Britney's "coo". But I appreciate it for being one of the few songs that you can't hear Myah. I'm not a fan of Sia or her sound, though...but if they would've tweaked the chorus imo they could've had a hit. Trying to force lyrics about Perfume in order to tie it in to her perfume line was definitely a choice.

Hold on Tite sounds like some weird unreleased demo from 1996. Something that would've been on like a Sailor Moon soundtrack or something. Not a fan. 

I REALLY don't understand why Britney could not lay down vocals for Work *****, considering most of the song is most Myah talking ridiculousness. Doesn't require any actual effort...but I digress. Overall cluserfrack. 

Archived