Katy Perry x "Dark Horse" appreciation topic

DISCLAIMER

Spoiler

Okay you don't have to tell me I know I'm going a bit hard on the Katy Perry agenda in an inherently Katy-phobic forum but I'm bored in quarantine and got nothing else to do although these KP threads attract a lot of negative replies on here and I'm inadvertently setting her up to get dragged by posting about her on exhale but here we go again :cheese:

So I was casually listening to a "2010s pop" playlist on Spotify when Dark Horse came on and wow hearing it after a long time brings so many memories. Let's go over the statistics:

- Fastest song to be certified Diamond in history (6 months). To put things into perspective, Shake It Off and Dark Horse was released in the same year; SIO was certified Diamond 6 years later in 2020, DH was certified Diamond in October 2014 :blast:

- Spent a whopping 22 weeks in the top 10.

- One of the few songs that spent a whole year, 52 weeks, in the hot 100 chart.

- Most streamed female song combined youtube, Spotify etc.

- Highest selling female digital single of all time.

- First music video by a femal artist to hit 1 Billion views. Currently 2.8B views, soon to be the 2nd song by a female artist to hit 3B.

- Went #1 on its 11th week of release and held the position for 4 weeks, WITHOUT the music video.

- Katy's 9th #1, Juicy J's 1st.

- Brought trap-pop and anti-chorus songs into the mainstream.

- Grammy nominated, but with the Scammy's history of snubbing Katy y'all know how it goes down.

- VMA for best female video.

- An iconic classic of the whole 2010s deacade that sounds fresh to this day.

Whether you like Katy or not (and I know you don't), you can't deny the power this song had. I know some of yall will bring up her current state but keep in mind this is an appreciation thread for DH and not the current songs. I don't even expect much replies, except from the last remaining KatyCats on here and some of my friends who supports me in every thread but anyways sound off :cheese:

<3

katy perry by Katy Perry GIF Partydark-horse.jpg.4b7c583b60a11733a4cb09b488eece17.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block