9 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

And there's also the whole belief that pop artists = no talent, or plastic, pre-fabricated artists. But somehow pop music is everywhere and everyone knows lots of pop songs. Like everyone knows a Paulina Rubio song, but no one will ever admit they like her, because that would be like social suicide. It's embarrassing to like pop, and even more to "stan" a pop artist. And on top of that, we have to add that all these artists' attitudes didn't help them either, many of them, especially the women like Paulina and Thalia, Belinda etc, started to become very diva-ish, very unreachable, and people don't like that, unless it's a man, like Luis Miguel :oprah: then he becomes a legend and gets a Netflix series about his life.

thanks for the thoughtful response, that makes sense.

Have you found it difficult living there and being a Britney stan / fan of pop music in general? would you say it negatively affects your social life?

edit: also, why do people hate Televisa?

1 hour ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

thanks for the thoughtful response, that makes sense.

Have you found it difficult living there and being a Britney stan / fan of pop music in general? would you say it negatively affects your social life?

edit: also, why do people hate Televisa?

I've always been an antisocial person, so it really doesn't affect me :haha:

Truth is, many of these acts do have lots of fans, but it's like, they do not reflect on streaming or sales, but they do sell concerts. Like last year, the 90's Pop Tour finished after almost three years, but it was a joint tour of many acts from the 90's, they were very successful. There's this huge arena in Mexico City and they got it sold out 12 times in total, plus many other places around the country, and they even went to some venues in Texas, California and some other places in the US. But as I said, it's like people is afraid to accept they like that music, by buying their albums or streaming their music.

I don't know how people aren't ashamed of reggaeton or banda though :embarrassney:

And they hate Televisa because for many years they were the only TV network that had a place in Mexico. It consists of many channels, it's like the main one, then they have another one for telenovelas, another one for music, comedy, they have news channel, sports, etc. 

There's a lot of negative things that people say, from these sort of mafias that exist in the entertainment industry, to the fact that most of the content they produce is trash (which I won't deny, but as I said, we all grew up with at least one tv show or something from that channel, whether we like it or not), or that people that work there aren't talented (actors, singers, tv hosts) or that they favor certain political parties over others, etc. 

So I don't know, it's always been a thing to hate on Televisa. I don't say it's the best thing in the world, but I see it just as it is, a source of entertainment :yaknow: I don't expect it to be educational, or artistic or thoughtful or anything.

So people like Diego Luna or Salma Hayek came from Televisa but escaped, and now just because they've been in Hollywood, they got this sort of god-like status, when I think there's many better actors and actresses in the network that never made it into the movies.

• Like 1

Belinda is such a mistery to me... She had everything to succeed, and she made great music and even more amazing videos, but her career ended up going nowhere, to the point she stop releasing music altogether. I have THREE of her albums, she had it all as an artist, but she seems to be a mixture of Tinashe (an exciting and talented artist, but who just does NOT click with the public) with.......... Nicole Scherzinger (basically, a b itch).

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

Belinda is such a mistery to me... She had everything to succeed, and she made great music and even more amazing videos, but her career ended up going nowhere, to the point she stop releasing music altogether. I have THREE of her albums, she had it all as an artist, but she seems to be a mixture of Tinashe (an exciting and talented artist, but who just does NOT click with the public) with.......... Nicole Scherzinger (basically, a b itch).

I think she suffered a little bit the same syndrome as Fey. It's like, they have a very clear idea of what they want to do, or what they don't want to do, and just can't find like the right team, or the right record label to make it happen, so they end up doing nothing.

Belinda has stayed much more present than Fey though, it's weird, 'cause she keeps giving interviews very often, and up until a few years ago she kept doing concerts even though she didn't have new music :ehidk:

She hasn't released albums, but she's done collaborations, but they don't get her anywhere, except Amor a Primera Vista, which I thing nobody expected. And she's done some TV gigs too.

I think she also had some legal issues in the past, I remember she was always sued for something, but I don't know if it was poor management from her parents. But maybe that kinda got in her way to keep building a successful career.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think she suffered a little bit the same syndrome as Fey. It's like, they have a very clear idea of what they want to do, or what they don't want to do, and just can't find like the right team, or the right record label to make it happen, so they end up doing nothing.

Belinda has stayed much more present than Fey though, it's weird, 'cause she keeps giving interviews very often, and up until a few years ago she kept doing concerts even though she didn't have new music :ehidk:

She hasn't released albums, but she's done collaborations, but they don't get her anywhere, except Amor a Primera Vista, which I thing nobody expected. And she's done some TV gigs too.

I think she also had some legal issues in the past, I remember she was always sued for something, but I don't know if it was poor management from her parents. But maybe that kinda got in her way to keep building a successful career.

Oh don't even get me started with Fey! Can anyone explain what happened there?!? I think it definitely has to do with their team, somebody is not doing their job... But at the same time I feel like it has something to do with their pesonalities. They must be really difficult or annoying to work with, I find no other explanation. It's the exact opposite with Britney: whoever gets the chance to work with or for her, they ALWAYS go the extra mile to give their best for her. Well except for Larry who is so basic omg :tiffanycries:

5 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

Oh don't even get me started with Fey! Can anyone explain what happened there?!? I think it definitely has to do with their team, somebody is not doing their job... But at the same time I feel like it has something to do with their pesonalities. They must be really difficult or annoying to work with, I find no other explanation. It's the exact opposite with Britney: whoever gets the chance to work with or for her, they ALWAYS go the extra mile to give their best for her. Well except for Larry who is so basic omg :tiffanycries:

I think more than being annoying, it's like, record labels must want them to do a certain thing, a certain way, and they're like "no, I don't wanna do this" so they leave and try to find something else.

That was the case with Fey at least, after the record label didn't understand her album Vertigo, she moved to EMI, but they didn't know what to do with it either, she then went independent after the tribute album to Mecano, but it's obvious that independently they can't reach the same level  of success. She only was brought back to the spotlight with her Primera Fila, because it was released with Sony. She went independent again. She then joined the BoBo management, but she didn't like it either, because she said they wanted her to keep doing old stuff, but she wanted to do new stuff instead, and ended up doing neither of those things.

She's very contradicting. She keeps talking about how she wants to look at the future and doesn't want to rely so much in the past and the nostalgia, but in her latest concerts, 80% of the songs she performed were from her second album, Tierna la Noche, so I don't really know what's her issue :idkney:

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think more than being annoying, it's like, record labels must want them to do a certain thing, a certain way, and they're like "no, I don't wanna do this" so they leave and try to find something else.

That was the case with Fey at least, after the record label didn't understand her album Vertigo, she moved to EMI, but they didn't know what to do with it either, she then went independent after the tribute album to Mecano, but it's obvious that independently they can't reach the same level  of success. She only was brought back to the spotlight with her Primera Fila, because it was released with Sony. She went independent again. She then joined the BoBo management, but she didn't like it either, because she said they wanted her to keep doing old stuff, but she wanted to do new stuff instead, and ended up doing neither of those things.

She's very contradicting. She keeps talking about how she wants to look at the future and doesn't want to rely so much in the past and the nostalgia, but in her latest concerts, 80% of the songs she performed were from her second album, Tierna la Noche, so I don't really know what's her issue :idkney:

What about "Faltan Lunas" and "Dulce Tentación"? I can't remember a single song from them, those were mediocre... But "Vertigo" is her "Blackout", and "La Fuerza del Destino" is seriously one of my favorite albums.... ever.

Fey gives me Hilary Duff vibes, honestly. She's got it, but she doesn't really know what to do with it, or if she really wants it.

10 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

What about "Faltan Lunas" and "Dulce Tentación"? I can't remember a single song from them, those were mediocre... But "Vertigo" is her "Blackout", and "La Fuerza del Destino" is seriously one of my favorite albums.... ever.

Fey gives me Hilary Duff vibes, honestly. She's got it, but she doesn't really know what to do with it, or if she really wants it.

Those were really cool, but they were the independent albums, that's why they passed unnoticed, though Dulce Tentación did get more support

From Faltan Lunas, this sounded a lot on the radio

This was sent too, but didn't get a video

And Dulce Tentación did get more promo and radio airplay as well, and they would play these videos on Ritmoson a lot

But I don't think she toured with this. Or if she tried, it was most likely cancelled.

These are other songs I remember

La Viuda Negra (it has the wrong title :britdrown: )

omg I can¿t, 

13 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Those were really cool, but they were the independent albums, that's why they passed unnoticed, though Dulce Tentación did get more support

From Faltan Lunas, this sounded a lot on the radio

This was sent too, but didn't get a video

And Dulce Tentación did get more promo and radio airplay as well, and they would play these videos on Ritmoson a lot

But I don't think she toured with this. Or if she tried, it was most likely cancelled.

These are other songs I remember

La Viuda Negra (it has the wrong title :britdrown: )

omg I remember now, these are atrocious........ The production is awful, melodies almost non-existent or weird, such cheap production, so noisy or very busy at times, I truly hate them...

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

omg I can¿t, 

omg I remember now, these are atrocious........ The production is awful, melodies almost non-existent or weird, such cheap production, so noisy or very busy at times, I truly hate them...

I do like the melodies, but I agree the production is kinda bad :yesokay:

but its whole theme and everything reminds me more of Blackout :gimmemoar:  It's like Blackout and FF's baby.

Vértigo is more like ITZ

3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Vértigo is more like ITZ

..............................let me think more about this....................... :(

Hey! Now that I got you, I need to solve this mistery:

WAS IT EVER RELEASED IN FULL or even completed?? Back then I thought my record was broken or something :tiffanycries:

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

..............................let me think more about this....................... :(

Hey! Now that I got you, I need to solve this mistery:

WAS IT EVER RELEASED IN FULL or even completed?? Back then I thought my record was broken or something :tiffanycries:

That's just some sort of outro, like Christina's interludes or Gaga's Chromatica I, II, III, etc.

They say it was included on her Tour de los Sueños (1999) and I even remember watching the clip, but I guess it's just some Mandela effect :haha: because I've searched on all the clips there are on YouTube from that show and the song never comes up. Wikipedia even states it's between the tracks Él and No Tengo Novio

• Like 1

Reading this made me so happy. It’s heartbreaking to know that so much of the Latin community does not support this pop princess, though I will say she doesn’t do herself any favors at times. 

I’ve followed her career since Amigos X Siempre up until now. I think one of the biggest upsets of her career was being cheated out of a Latin Grammy win for “Utopía” and “Bella Tracíon.” This album was amazing from start to end. 

I really hope she gets her crossover break with an English collaboration or album. It’s not an easy goal to reach, but with the right writers and produces, she can 100% succeed. Her vocals are almost unmatched. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DavidURuiz said:

Reading this made me so happy. It’s heartbreaking to know that so much of the Latin community does not support this pop princess, though I will say she doesn’t do herself any favors at times. 

I’ve followed her career since Amigos X Siempre up until now. I think one of the biggest upsets of her career was being cheated out of a Latin Grammy win for “Utopía” and “Bella Tracíon.” This album was amazing from start to end. 

I really hope she gets her crossover break with an English collaboration or album. It’s not an easy goal to reach, but with the right writers and produces, she can 100% succeed. Her vocals are almost unmatched. 

She's tried, but without much success.

I think she would have to regain her place in the Latin music scene before jumping. But maybe she needs to make it in the States to be noticed in Latin America again

I met her once, when she was promoting Utopia in Brazil

There was this line of fans that got really early to the place so they could get their cds signed, I wasnt there early enough so I was like oh well

Then I saw this kid running around, he was together with her at the event, when no one was looking I pointed to the little guy and was like, come here

He ran towards me, security must have been like wtf, and I was like "can you put my cd at the table so she can sign it?" the little guy did

later, when I got my cd back, I discovered he was Belinda's brother lol

anyway, sold the signed cd for nothing to a thrift cd shop years later together with a bunch of old cds but I regret that today of course

The owner was ike I dont care this is signed, who is this? Hahahahaha

I called a Belinda fan site couple days later and told them there was a signed cd at that store

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block