Should Beyoncé be Held Accountable for Doing Black face?

Pictures have resurfaced of Beyoncé in full b lackface. The majority of the comments are critical of a light skinned/half white woman painting herself several shades darker to channel the late Nigerian musician Fela Kuti.

This raises a valid question — is it acceptable for a black woman to do black face? Some say no because of the racial tensions and inequality that exists within the black community between light skinned and dark skinned black women. Others say this is art and the rules don’t apply to Beyoncé since she is half black. Thoughts?

8FP9aRM.jpg
uW6yT0O.jpg.6d0067761dfb1506439905f9e16e7487.jpg
PY70Tvy.jpg
0rwfVzY.jpg
Y2xZCuU.jpg
DZvGRqA.jpg
gKebeON.jpg
Link to tweet.

#BeyonceBlackFace

• Like 2

I’ve spoken my peace about it and she should 100% be held accountable because even during slavery, light skinned folks were picked to be house servants because they were lighter skinned. They used to run all sorts of tests. Even black people discriminated against darker skinned folks and painted doors of churches to see who was light enough to enter. Like others said in their tweets- they could’ve just hired darker skinned models to convey the same message Beyonce was trying. 

Usually I would’ve stayed quiet on topics like these, but again, I’m tired of the hypocrisy. People are so quick to discriminate and talk **** about Latinas like JLO and Camila, but look the other way when a black woman like Beyonce does something problematic. 

And yes, where are the brave ones that scream cancel culture all over the other threads? Interested in having a discussion :mattafact:

• Love 6
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I’ve spoken my peace about it and she should 100% be held accountable because even during slavery, light skinned folks were picked to be house servants because they were lighter skinned. They used to run all sorts of tests. Even black people discriminated against darker skinned folks and painted doors of churches to see who was light enough to enter. Like others said in their tweets- they could’ve just hired darker skinned models to convey the same message Beyonce was trying. 

Usually I would’ve stayed quiet on topics like these, but again, I’m tired of the hypocrisy. People are so quick to discriminate and talk **** about Latinas like JLO and Camila, but look the other way when a black woman like Beyonce does something problematic. 

And yes, where are the brave ones that scream cancel culture all over the other threads? Interested in having a discussion :mattafact:

It's like every community has a discrimination in their own community even if they are different but still the same.

Even in my country dark skinned brown people are discriminated by a little less brown people.

In gay community, there it bottom shaming then there is top shaming. Then there's the whole LGBT hating each other's letter community. God i can't wait for the time when the whole gay top/bottom shaming becomes a movement and see the look on the faces of people who are supporting the prejudice against black people meanwhile being hypocritical. That time, the amount of receipts i'll see will be something else.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Itscuzim31 said:

Better question is will Beyoncé ever be held accountable for anything she does?

Never ever ever, why? Because she is Beyoncé and the GP and her nasty fan base will forget this even happened in a quick sec:mattafact:
. After all... they are the same people who worship her and think she is the goddess of music and is the female Michael Jackson :mattafact:

• Love 1
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

And yes, where are the brave ones that scream cancel culture all over the other threads? Interested in having a discussion

Look at them side stepping this thread.

Watch them eventually come here with short "unbothered" replies or maybe just downvote our posts and then proceed to type long 4ss novels on why another artist is problematic or just be a pot stirrer. :tiffdrink:

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block