Should Beyoncé be Held Accountable for Doing Black face?

24 minutes ago, PablitoXS said:

Beyoncé is above everything. She could steal the sun, take the credits of Macarena, release an album full of silence, vote for Trump, whatever. She is #uncancellable.

happy birthday beyonce GIF

You wanna bet on that, babe? :evilpatrick:

If she ever were to vote for Trump, I f.ucking pray her fanbase riots. The other s.hit is debatable, but she should never be allowed to come back after voting for him.

Also, the fact that you suggest she can't be cancelled for doing b.lackface while everyone else can - the delusion. :tiffeyeroll: The hypocrisy is real and Exhale's got it bad. No one should be excused for doing b.lackface. I don't care if she was trying to be uplifting. All they had to do was hire an actual Nigerian model, not darken her skin.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

If she ever were to vote for Trump, I f.ucking pray her fanbase riots. The other s.hit is debatable, but she should never be allowed to come back after voting for him.

Also, the fact that you suggest she can't be cancelled for doing b.lackface while everyone else can - the delusion. :tiffeyeroll: The hypocrisy is real and Exhale's got it bad. No one should be excused for doing b.lackface. I don't care if she was trying to be uplifting. All they had to do was hire an actual Nigerian model, not darken her skin.

Beyoncè has also wears a coat with a black face representation on it and no one has said anything because she is a boss and she can put you under the ocean wiht  snap of fingers :jj:

EvilTheseFishingcat-size_restricted.gif

beyoncecoonchicken.png

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

Beyoncè has also wears a coat with a black face representation on it and no one has said anything because she is a boss and she can put you under the ocean wiht  snap of fingers :jj:

EvilTheseFishingcat-size_restricted.gif

beyoncecoonchicken.png

I hope you know that I've never had a problem with you and I think for the most part, you're one of the good, rational Beyhive members. However, that jacket's f.ucked up, at least to me it is. She should not be excused for doing b.lackface. Absolutely no one should. It should be remembered as a racist concept only and never worn again.

@Roxxy here's the reply you were talking about. :riha:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, AmorProhibido said:

I hope you know that I've never had a problem with you and I think for the most part, you're one of the good, rational Beyhive members. However, that jacket's f.ucked up, at least to me it is. She should not be excused for doing b.lackface. Absolutely no one should. It should be remembered as a racist concept only and never worn again.

@Roxxy here's the reply you were talking about. :riha:

but i have said the truth, if you attack her you are fired in a snap of finger :janet:

BET has suspended a producer after a joke about Beyonce and Jay Z's daughter that aired Monday on the network's music video countdown show, 106 & Park.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/bet-suspends-producer-blue-ivy-728826

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/the-juice/6229393/blue-ivy-karrueche-tran-bet-joke-apology

3 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

but i have said the truth, if you attack her you are fired in a snap of finger :janet:

BET has suspended a producer after a joke about Beyonce and Jay Z's daughter that aired Monday on the network's music video countdown show, 106 & Park.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/bet-suspends-producer-blue-ivy-728826

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/the-juice/6229393/blue-ivy-karrueche-tran-bet-joke-apology

Fired from what? What exactly am I fired from? :huh: :slowdown: Also, I'm not necessarily attacking her. I just don't think some people should face repercussions for doing b.lackface while she doesn't. It's incredibly unjust and gross. No celebrity should get away with b.lackface. I'm sure you'll ignore what I'm saying though and hit me up with another gif or article or remark about her putting me "under the ocean" like the little peasant I am. :tiffdrink: :fakecry:

• Love 1
  • Like 2
18 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

I was being sarcastic. The b. lackface is wrong of course. But did she mean to harm anyone with that? Does she uses that "gimmick" to make money rivers? Do you think she could be able to vote for Trump or that I was serious saying that? The picture is old and Beyoncé is a woman that is always learning, and I guess that's why she didn't used that again. How many of us used to think about something in a way and after seeing differents point of view we stepped back? Beyoncé isn't racist. She's a black icon and supports hundreds of people that are employed by her. Do you know her female band? Have you noticed that almost all of her dancers are black? Don't you think that everybody can make mistakes sometimes? Do you understand about forgiveness? If we have to cancel her, we'll have to cancel Disney, Britney, Michael Jackson, me, you, Jordan, everybody, because all of us can make and will make mistakes. More love.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

Fired from what? What exactly am I fired from? :huh: :slowdown: Also, I'm not necessarily attacking her. I just don't think some people should face repercussions for doing b.lackface while she doesn't. It's incredibly unjust and gross. No celebrity should get away with b.lackface. I'm sure you'll ignore what I'm saying though and hit me up with another gif or article or remark about her putting me "under the ocean" like the little peasant I am. :tiffdrink: :fakecry:

of course i'm not using "you" as a singular pronoun, i'm talking about media :jl: i don't have any problems with you

• Love 1
1 minute ago, PablitoXS said:

I was being sarcastic. The b. lackface is wrong of course. But did she mean to harm anyone with that? Does she uses that "gimmick" to make money rivers? Do you think she could be able to vote for Trump or that I was serious saying that? The picture is old and Beyoncé is a woman that is always learning, and I guess that's why she didn't used that again. How many of us used to think about something in a way and after seeing differents point of view we stepped back? Beyoncé isn't racist. She's a black icon and supports hundreds of people that are employed by her. Do you know her female band? Have you noticed that almost all of her dancers are black? Don't you think that everybody can make mistakes sometimes? Do you understand about forgiveness? If we have to cancel her, we'll have to cancel Disney, Britney, Michael Jackson, me, you, Jordan, everybody, because all of us can make and will make mistakes. More love.

Of course I know she's not racist, and yes I believe we all make mistakes and that we should forgive. No, I don't want to cancel her. I think cancel culture should be... well, cancelled. :jj: But I don't want this to be swept under the rug either. If we follow by that ideology, then we have to do the same for everyone, including creepy racists like Shane Dawson. I understand the picture was old, but even when it first came out, it wasn't seen as a big deal to the GP. I don't think it should be like that.

• Leader
1 hour ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

can i have some clarifications? black face is discriminatory because was a way to make fun of black people but in this case she is celebrating her black ancestories (4 was an album inspired by Fela Kuti, an african singer), so why these thinks are judge on the same way?

MTE. She's clearly celebrating her heritage and there is zero malice. Scared I'll be cancelled for commenting on this cause I am a privileged white male but those are my thoughts anyhow. 

• Haha 3
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

Of course I know she's not racist, and yes I believe we all make mistakes and that we should forgive. No, I don't want to cancel her. I think cancel culture should be... well, cancelled. :jj: But I don't want this to be swept under the rug either. If we follow by that ideology, then we have to do the same for everyone, including creepy racists like Shane Dawson. I understand the picture was old, but even when it first came out, it wasn't seen as a big deal to the GP. I don't think it should be like that.

I will tell you something, I'm a Beyoncé fan since 2003, this picture was shot in 2011 and the first time I stopped to think about that was this Monday when I found out what colourism is. The situation at that time was really different, as a white man I would never understand what that kind of gest could mean to some people, surely thousands of people still don't know about colourism, even Beyoncé couldn't understand about that. She herself told in an interview that she never suffered racism. Maybe because of the tone of her skin, or maybe she lives in a bubble or she's very very lucky, because even I had suffered for not having the kind of hair that is considered to be "good". Lucky her, but the fact is that Beyoncé is fighting for equality for everybody and she must be exalted for that. The black people of my country once they get rich, they forget about the fight but she's still putting the prejudice on debate and representing women, black people, LGBTQIA+ community, forests, aliens, etc. I'm so grateful for having her, you can't even imagine.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

MTE. She's clearly celebrating her heritage and there is zero malice. Scared I'll be cancelled for commenting on this cause I am a privileged white male but those are my thoughts anyhow. 

for me the aim of an action is so important if i need to write a comment about it. She is black and she is celebrating the heritage of her ancestors, so why we need to make a problem about it?

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block