Kylie's Spinning around was released 20 years ago today.

20 years ago Today, Parlophone records released Spinning Around by Kylie minogue. 

It took a couple of years to get to Kylie.

The track was written by Paula Abdul, Kara Dioguardi, For Paula's unreleased 4th studio album. 

Paula signed a new recording deal with Mercury records in 1997 after Virgin dropped her, her 1995 Album head over heels wasn't the hit Virgin hoped it would be. However, Thx to American Idol, the album is in the cult status. Among the top 100 most underrated albums of all time.

Sadly when the merger of Island def jam happened, several artists were dropped without releasing music. Paula was one of them.

Parlophone signed Kylie in 1999, thx to a surprising duet with The Pet shop boys titled in denial. 

It was her biggest contract to date. A six album deal that was worth £98 Million.

First order of business,  Bring back pop Kylie..

The first single to launch this new and improved Kylie was Spinning around, the video has an infamous close up shot of her derriere in her trademark hot gold pants which according to William Baker cost only 50p to get it.

Kara credits the video and Kylie's sexiness for making this song the hit it was, Her first UK #1 hit since 1990's Tears on my pillow.

The song is a staple on her live shows, has been performed on every tour since 2001's on a night like this tour, with the exception of 2012's Anti tour, which was a setlist of b sides and rare tracks to celebrate her 25th anniversary in the music industry. 

Happy 20 years of the birth Of Camp kylie  

This is In denial, which led to Parlophone signing Kylie to their roster..

FB_IMG_1592550524694.jpg

Edited by Roxxy
Featured. TEEHEE 💛🧡💜
13 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

This was my introduction to Kylie. :barbie:

I didn't start stanning until Please Stay though. It was one of my 6th grade bops. :bop:

Living in the US. I had to wait til 2005 to hear this track. Thx to Capitol releasing Ultimate Kylie. Thank God she signed with a major label that had US connections through EMI. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block