If Britney Jean was released under Myah's name, would you stan?

Mxra

I don’t know I feel like the reason people even listen to the album is because it had Britney’s face. Like I probably wouldn’t like work ***** if it wasn’t for the video and the performances that Britney gave with the choreography and costumes. It just wouldn’t work if some random nobody like myah performed it, especially with no cult gay following

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I make music for other people for a living and this album reminds me of the amateur stuff I receive daily from Eastern European singers looking for a good songwriter. It’s just dated, feels low budget.

Finished songs often come back totally different from the original sound (usually to the surprise of the vocalist). It’s my belief that this is what happened to Britney Jean. They essentially just took vocals from songs she’d worked on for the original concept and had dance beats produced to replace the instrumentals (to make the songs “fit”). Cry Me A River was originally sampled at the beginning of Liar too (where the harmonica ended up) so I think it really was supposed to be something more personal than a compilation of generic dance music.

Archived