In honor of Pride Month, Nickelodeon confirms the obvious: SpongeBob is a member of the LGBTQ community

5 hours ago, ExXL said:

What does it even mean , SpongeBob is attracted to male sponges ? Why do people feel the need to sexualize characters in children's shows anyways..... Kinda weird ... :cackling:

Straights have crushes and realtionships with opposite s*e*x* characters in kids/animation shows all the time. Hope you keep that same energy for the straights.:tina:

• Like 2
  • Content Curators
6 hours ago, ExXL said:

What does it even mean , SpongeBob is attracted to male sponges ? Why do people feel the need to sexualize characters in children's shows anyways..... Kinda weird ... :cackling:

Yet even little kids grow up watching movies like Snow White and Cinderella all ending in some Prince Charming and a magical saving Kiss. Or shows like Zoey 101 Lizzie McGuire Kim possible drake and joshwhere there was 100% atleast 5 different plot lines of a girl and guy relationship with scenes of them kissing too

its literally plain homophobia when people get weirded out by ONE plot line of a lgbtq character

• Love 1
8 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

I don't necessarily think this is sexualizing SpongeBob. Would it be sexualizing his character if they announced he was straight? 

Yes , because anouncing your sexuality is about *** , you don't go to a kindergarten as clown and say hello children I am gay or I am straight.... it's not relevant unless you wanna let people know whom you're attracted to , and the poor children don't even care tbh it's only adults who try to design a child in a way they like...... I personally don't think ****** orientation has to be brought up to everywhere ...... There's a difference between gay rights and political correctness and lately people seem to be losing it by pushing a gay lifestyle up people's (and children's) throat , as a gay man myself it's bothering me because it leaves a stain on the whole community and people think all gay people are perverted or pedos and it's not fair :demi:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
36 minutes ago, ExXL said:

Yes , because anouncing your sexuality is about *** , you don't go to a kindergarten as clown and say hello children I am gay or I am straight.... it's not relevant unless you wanna let people know whom you're attracted to , and the poor children don't even care tbh it's only adults who try to design a child in a way they like...... I personally don't think ****** orientation has to be brought up to everywhere ...... There's a difference between gay rights and political correctness and lately people seem to be losing it by pushing a gay lifestyle up people's (and children's) throat , as a gay man myself it's bothering me because it leaves a stain on the whole community and people think all gay people are perverted or pedos and it's not fair :demi:

But as we all said in this thread.  This was nothing new. 

It was known all along. It's just accepted. 

I can't believe I'm having a debate wuth a gay trump supporter.

Cos it sure sounds you're very conservative in your political beliefs whicg is anti gay.

2 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

But as we all said in this thread.  This was nothing new. 

It was known all along. It's just accepted. 

I can't believe I'm having a debate wuth a gay trump supporter.

Cos it sure sounds you're very conservative in your political beliefs whicg is anti gay.

I'm not a trump supporter at all. I'm just anti p*******a .I assume you are supporting Jessica yaniv ? Yep , that's what I thought.:chrissy:

22 minutes ago, ol123 said:

This is going to be the next J.K Rowling making everyone gay. 

The more gays and the less straight men the more taking over the world plot..excited power rangers GIF

Were taking over the world finally.

Who doesn't love global domination. 

Hell history books proven that we already outnumbered the straights in the times Of julius caesar. 

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

The more gays and the less straight men the more taking over the world plot..excited power rangers GIF

Were taking over the world finally.

Who doesn't love global domination. 

Hell history books proven that we already outnumbered the straights in the times Of julius caesar. 

Straight is the new minority :orangu: 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Korb said:

Straights have crushes and realtionships with opposite s*e*x* characters in kids/animation shows all the time. Hope you keep that same energy for the straights.:tina:

Well SpongeBob is not even a human character so it looks desperate to push the gay Agenda on that one ..... And I'm against any sexualization of children's content if that wasn't clear , Seriously why can't people let children be children and stop brainwashing them to act ******** , I'm not taking about 14/16 year old teenagers again, I'm talking about 12- y.o kids who are being introduced to *** on mainstream programs , that's not okay.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I want to be happy about this considering SpongeBob is and always will be my childhood favorite... but if Stephen Hillenburg said he wasn't gay, then I really feel like that's what we should believe. The second he died, Nickelodeon started doing exactly what he didn't want - they started working on a new movie, there's a new spin off, etc. As a bisexual woman, this isn't me trying to be homophobic or weirded out because I can totally believe he's gay. But this feels like pandering and disrespecting a creator's wishes. Anyways that's my two cents literally no one asked for. :jl: Andddd despite that I literally said I don't agree with this, SpongeBob is going to be my gay icon for now on. I know I don't make sense. :cackling:

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

I want to be happy about this considering SpongeBob is and always will be my childhood favorite... but if Stephen Hillenburg said he wasn't gay, then I really feel like that's what we should believe. The second he died, Nickelodeon started doing exactly what he didn't want - they started working on a new movie, there's a new spin off, etc. As a bisexual woman, this isn't me trying to be honophobic or weirded out because I can totally believe he's gay. But this feels like pandering and disrespecting a creator's wishes. Anyways that's my two cents literally no one asked for. :jl: Andddd despite that I literally said I don't agree with this, SpongeBob is going to be my gay icon for now on. I know I don't make sense. :cackling:

Exactly ! First and foremost to respect the creators wishes and We all know SpongeBob is a gay (as in joyful and happy) character . And I think Stephen wouldn't want to make it ****** or political because it's just an innocent TV show on a children's channel , so I'm glad Nick is supporting LGBT but still think we shouldn't mix *** and and politics in kids content . 

But I do remember everyone talking how gay SpongeBob is as soon as we grew older :makeup:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, ExXL said:

Well SpongeBob is not even a human character so it looks desperate to push the gay Agenda on that one ..... And I'm against any sexualization of children's content if that wasn't clear , Seriously why can't people let children be children and stop brainwashing them to act ******** , I'm not taking about 14/16 year old teenagers again, I'm talking about 12- y.o kids who are being introduced to *** on mainstream programs , that's not okay.

You’re the only equating being gay to being ******. What I said in my comment was a joke. I knew I was gay in elementary school so it’s nice kids now have a character to relate to, even if he is a sponge.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.