Katy Perry performs "Daisies" for graduating class of 2020

I gotta go on a little bit of a rant. The performance was pretty and yes, the songs Katy performed have good empowering, inspiring messages. But I’m so sick of everyone making my graduation about them. Whether it’s Katy using it to promote her own song, corporations using my graduation in their advertisements and commercials, or people that I know on social media talking about how sad they are for our class, so they post pictures from when they graduated - I’m just over it. Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice that a lot of people have good intentions, but the majority I’ve seen are just disingenuous and taking advantage of my graduation for their own benefit. 

• Like 8
38 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I gotta go on a little bit of a rant. The performance was pretty and yes, the songs Katy performed have good empowering, inspiring messages. But I’m so sick of everyone making my graduation about them. Whether it’s Katy using it to promote her own song, corporations using my graduation in their advertisements and commercials, or people that I know on social media talking about how sad they are for our class, so they post pictures from when they graduated - I’m just over it. Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice that a lot of people have good intentions, but the majority I’ve seen are just disingenuous and taking advantage of my graduation for their own benefit. 

it's because COVID showed us normal humans that celebrities don't really bring anything to the table, so they're doing everything they can to stay relevant.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

Say it louder for the people in the back! [Meryl Streep yelling emote]

• Haha 1

The performance was excellent! I can't believe that Katy Perry is able to perform while still pregnant, but it goes to show what amazing work ethic she has as an artist. I do hope people would consider giving the song another chance.

As per the other posts, there were some speeches that were not necessary, but I do believe their heart is in the right place. If artists want to make themselves relevant, I feel like they can do more for the community; even if it's providing sources on finding a job during these tough times. I do understand that majority of the broadcasting was previously recorded a while ago, but it would be nice to see something more than a video message.

The performances were good, nice vocals and she looked gorgeous! I still don't like Daisies, it's not a good song at all. I also loved Chloe x Halle performance, the song is very good.

I don't care about the graduation bit, I got over school almost 10 years ago and I didn't even go to my own ceremony. I guess if Britney was part of it saying "You did good, y'all", most of the people complaining here would be saying different things. You're not that special, people are dying out there and some people care enough to do this thing. Whatever. :typing:

Btw, Beyoncé's speech as nice as well. I didn't watch the rest, as I said I don't care. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block