Poppy covers t.A.T.u.'s "All The Things She Said": listen

Nice cover but the Russian version remains anyway vastly superior. :queenflopga:

23 minutes ago, PARKBOM said:

ALL ABOUT US was a bop too tho..

love that song :bop:

Have you listened to Waste Management and its Russian "counterpart" Vesyolye Ulybki, the last albums before the split?

All their albums are really good pop records. :tbh:

18 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I’m seriously into Poppy, but she kind lost me with her I Disagree Era, her only CD I’ve yet to purchase. Love her Pokémon cover though!! 

Same, I really did not like it.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, IUSM said:

Nice cover but the Russian version remains anyway vastly superior. :queenflopga:

Have you listened to Waste Management and its Russian "counterpart" Vesyolye Ulybki, the last albums before the split?

Ya shosla s uma :mcry:

I love them so much :mcry:

All About Us, Stars, Fly On The Wall, Not Gonna Get Us are ETERNAL bops :mcry: 

• Love 4

Oh my god please don‘t hate me but I have mixed feelings about this. Hear me out. Poppy said that this song was for pride month. This in particular feels a bit weird to me. Wasn‘t there a huge scandal about the fact that t.A.T.u. only acted like they were gay to appeal to a certain audience or to become more popular? And didn‘t one of them say in some talkshow that she wouldn‘t want her son to be gay and that it‘s only ok to be gay if your female? Don‘t get me wrong, I love this song, the cover even more but it still feels like a weird choice to celebrate pride month with.

Please educate me if I‘m talking sonsense or if I‘m misinformed about something I‘ve said .

• Love 4
  • Like 2
27 minutes ago, T0UCH0FMYHAND said:

Oh my god please don‘t hate me but I have mixed feelings about this. Hear me out. Poppy said that this song was for pride month. This in particular feels a bit weird to me. Wasn‘t there a huge scandal about the fact that t.A.T.u. only acted like they were gay to appeal to a certain audience or to become more popular? And didn‘t one of them say in some talkshow that she wouldn‘t want her son to be gay and that it‘s only ok to be gay if your female? Don‘t get me wrong, I love this song, the cover even more but it still feels like a weird choice to celebrate pride month with.

Please educate me if I‘m talking sonsense or if I‘m misinformed about something I‘ve said .

That. It was a produced project. The producer's idea. Even when they shot the kiss it their first MV, they couldn't do it without laughing and ruining it, so that part is converted backwards. That's from documentary about them.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, IUSM said:

I still enjoy some of the songs but the heavy electro rock isn’t the vibe I enjoy with her. I love Manson and stuff but it doesn’t work with her. Seems like she’s more into the image than quality music. Bops nonetheless though.  :brityes:   :bop:  Is the song good? I’m still at work, and can’t listen.  :jl:   :cuteidk:

• Love 1

Is no one going to mention how one of the girls from t.a.t.u. said she would disown her son if he grew up to be gay because “men should be men”? 

I mean, poppy is sorta my current number one female for a few years now. Glad she covered it so we don’t have to listen to a woman that hates gay men (only one of them) and can still listen to the song. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nme.com/news/music/tatu-2-1229758%3famp

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Wonder what the new era is going to be like. Since she is under a metal / rock focused label, I'm assuming it's going to be similar to "I Disagree". Don't get me wrong, I adore "I Disagree" (definitely one of my favorite albums of 2020), but I'd love a more laid back / acoustic album. In a similar vein to these songs:

These are some of my favorite Poppy songs. Her voice really shines in these tracks, and I'd love to hear more. :tysm:

• Love 1

Ok, it seems like I haven't really been keeping up with news because I somehow managed to miss the fact that her next release was already confirmed like a month ago. Apparently, she's releasing a deluxe edition of "I Disagree" this summer, which is going to feature 5 new songs (outtakes that didn't make it onto the album). Exciting stuff. :yeahhh: Wonder if this cover is part of that. One would assume that it's not, but you never know. :sipney:

• Love 1
7 hours ago, VCTR said:

Is no one going to mention how one of the girls from t.a.t.u. said she would disown her son if he grew up to be gay because “men should be men”? 

I mean, poppy is sorta my current number one female for a few years now. Glad she covered it so we don’t have to listen to a woman that hates gay men (only one of them) and can still listen to the song. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nme.com/news/music/tatu-2-1229758%3famp

I did lol. And I agree. I‘m glad I‘m not the only one who noticed/remembered this incident.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block