The Fame/Fame Monster is Gaga’s best work!

I’d agree, I love all her albums, but the fame/fame monster are flawless. But I feel like you’re leaving out the A Star Is Born Sountrack. I don’t know how ppl here feel about it, but I think all of Gaga’s songs from it are amazing. There’s enough solo/duets that it could just be a Gaga albums. It definitely showcases her songwriting skills and vocals. I think Gaga’s been out in a category similar to Britney where if it’s not dance-y pop music ppl don’t like it? But I love her ballads. I don’t mess with that Cheek to Cheek stuff though personally. I’m sure she sounds good, I’m just not here for a bunch of covers. I’d rank her albums: 

The Fame Monster 

The Fame

A Star is born 

Born This Way 

Artpop 

Joanne 

cant wait for Chromatica, I like stupid love, but Rain on me is amazing! 

1 hour ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

I’d agree, I love all her albums, but the fame/fame monster are flawless. But I feel like you’re leaving out the A Star Is Born Sountrack. I don’t know how ppl here feel about it, but I think all of Gaga’s songs from it are amazing. There’s enough solo/duets that it could just be a Gaga albums. It definitely showcases her songwriting skills and vocals. I think Gaga’s been out in a category similar to Britney where if it’s not dance-y pop music ppl don’t like it? But I love her ballads. I don’t mess with that Cheek to Cheek stuff though personally. I’m sure she sounds good, I’m just not here for a bunch of covers. I’d rank her albums: 

The Fame Monster 

The Fame

A Star is born 

Born This Way 

Artpop 

Joanne 

cant wait for Chromatica, I like stupid love, but Rain on me is amazing! 

Technically, ASIB isn’t a studio album, it is a soundtrack for the movie A Star Is Born

I've been a fan of Gaga before she was even famous. I loved her work so much, but from ArtPop and on-wards, she really lost me. ArtPop was very messy for me, and just all over the place, and also had a very camp, flamboyant feel, maybe she wanted to reach the  gay community even more, if that makes sense (I can say that because I am ****** fluent myself, before anyone over sensitive attacks me ) Fun Love GIF by Molang  I haven't gained interest in Gaga since, I used to wait for her videos to premier, even if it was 3am, anything she did was an event for me. Her best albums for me were The Fame/Fame Monster and Born This Way. I think she wasn't sure where to take her art after so much success. And it's like again with Chromatica, thrying so hard to make it something extra ordinary saying things like "each song represents a different color" and trying to make everything so deep it just gets messy. Woman just give us the hits already!!!!! And this Ariana collaboration seems so off and weird to me. They have no chemistry at all. I know that's not a popular opinion. Lady Gaga has always been larger than life and very avant-garde and grand. The only thing grand about Ariana is her last name... shade sips tea GIF I went off topic sorry LOL

• Love 1

I'm not a huge Lady Gaga fan, and this album (s) is the main reason why lol I liked a few songs, I mean, Paparazzi, LoveGame, but it just doesn't do much to me, and years later I don't crave to listen to them.

Born This Way is the only album of hers that I really liked. I think it matched this weird persona she had been creating with her outrageous costumes and performances, and that obviously couldn't  keep up for too long. These songs from her first album or two albums (I still don't understand the difference between The Fame and The Fame Monster) came up on a random YouTube playlist I was listening to yesterday, and I just kept skipping all of them, because they're just so :ugh: 

I remember how obsessed I was with Dance in the Dark or Bad Romance, but after Born This Way they just sound like so empty to me, so lame, they don't do anything to me anymore. :idkney:

I can’t decide with GaGa. The Fame caught my attention from the first listen and is still one of my favourite albums ever. The Monster EP was excellent too. There isn’t a bad song on it. 
At the time, like all gays, I loved BTW but I really have to be in the right mood and feeling the right energy to listen to it. It’s an exhausting album but the deluxe is the only acceptable track list for The Queen and Fashion of His Love alone. But it’s still a great album. 
Artpop has long fought over the top spot amongst her discography in my mind. It is an excellent piece of studio magic but again, I need to be in the mood. 
I am a Gaga stan, but Joanne was a total disappointment. An objectively good album, yes. But a Gaga album? No. It was a Gaga trying to impress Mark Ronson and score acclaim from anyone but her fans. I liked Glory better and think it deserved more comparatively. And contrary to popular opinion, I just dgaf about ASIB. Since Joanne especially, I haven’t been able to stan her as hard. Everything has been so contrived she didn’t seem genuine or very likeable tbh. 
Nonetheless, I am excited for Chromatica. 
I do think her first 3 albums all have “best of Gaga” moments and probably agree that The Fame and Monster are the most cohesive works. Hardly a bad song among them. 
Artpop can’t relate because Jewels n ***** was... a misstep to be kind :begone:

3 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

I can’t decide with GaGa. The Fame caught my attention from the first listen and is still one of my favourite albums ever. The Monster EP was excellent too. There isn’t a bad song on it. 
At the time, like all gays, I loved BTW but I really have to be in the right mood and feeling the right energy to listen to it. It’s an exhausting album but the deluxe is the only acceptable track list for The Queen and Fashion of His Love alone. But it’s still a great album. 
Artpop has long fought over the top spot amongst her discography in my mind. It is an excellent piece of studio magic but again, I need to be in the mood. 
I am a Gaga stan, but Joanne was a total disappointment. An objectively good album, yes. But a Gaga album? No. It was a Gaga trying to impress Mark Ronson and score acclaim from anyone but her fans. I liked Glory better and think it deserved more comparatively. And contrary to popular opinion, I just dgaf about ASIB. Since Joanne especially, I haven’t been able to stan her as hard. Everything has been so contrived she didn’t seem genuine or very likeable tbh. 
Nonetheless, I am excited for Chromatica. 
I do think her first 3 albums all have “best of Gaga” moments and probably agree that The Fame and Monster are the most cohesive works. Hardly a bad song among them. 
Artpop can’t relate because Jewels n ***** was... a misstep to be kind :begone:

I’ve been saying for a long time that lady Gaga is not genuine and that’s part of her issue. She tries too hard. 

42 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

I’ve been saying for a long time that lady Gaga is not genuine and that’s part of her issue. She tries too hard. 

I don’t think she did at the beginning. The Fame and Monster seemed pretty genuine and she seemed like a genuinely weird chick. BTW started to get a little pretentious but the media were really blowing her up so she was probably just riding the high. 
Artpop is where it all started to fall apart with huge marketing promises that led to disasters etc. 

But now it comes across like that because she is trying too hard. The whole point of ASIB was to save face. Her pop records weren’t doing as great and she’s been in decline since her debut so now she’s trying the mass appeal approach. Still waiting to see if it works, but I think a mixture of too high expectations and her being on another planet may still be obstacles for her to overcome. Hopefully she can go back to making a good pop record and let that speak for itself. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, reecejwilson said:

girl you were 7 when Artpop came out :badthoughts:

I was too busy boppin to Katy perry, one direction, selena and Ariana and other artist,while watching annoying orange and SMOSH to even know artpop existed:mcorangu::ari: 

Spoiler

I remember boppin to Bad romance tho 

creeping bad romance GIF by Lady Gaga

Spoiler

Music 7 year old Blackout2006 was boppin too:

• 1 month later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block