Cher still to this day is the pop legend to win a best actress role

Moonstruck Wake Up GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

In the 80s. Pretty much. Cher took a musical hiatus. Not really her first and not her last. The longest one was literally an 11 year gap between albums 2002-2013.

In the 80s. She became a serious actress. 

Silkwood, Mask, A slew of others. The original cougar as well. Dated younger men half her age like Tom Cruise, etc. 

But it's her role in moonstruck that won her the best actress oscar. Still to date almost 40 years since it happened. No other pop act has won that coveted rple. Gaga came close. But press do blame her for the glenn close upset. Saying her making it appear as desperate to be accepted by Hollywood. Not only crossed her out. But she took out Glenn close as well. Who unlike gaga. Let her role speak for itself. The oscar went to Olivia Coleman.

Cher is still the only pop act to be considering the best actress..

In her field of entertainment fashion oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

cher gif 00s and beyond GIF

And I leave with the greatest dating advice ever

luxury GIF by Refinery 29 GIFs

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cher was the first artist I stanned hardcore. 

(If you don’t count my obsession with Achey Breaky Heart by Billy Ray Cyrus when I was 2:haha:

Believe was my favourite song for AGES when it came out. I didn’t know who she was, didn’t know I was gay, but I was drawn to her. And down the wormhole I went. Turns out my Nan was a Sonny and Cher stan, my Mum has her album Cher (1987) on vinyl. I still have it and I still love it. 

I haven’t watched Moonstruck or Mask I’m forever but I stanned. 

Cher was the real trailblazer. The female MVP. She’s done it all and wildly successfully: TV, movies, soundtracks, studio albums, surgery. The Goddess of Pop was the first to conquer it all and without becoming an a-hole in the process, Madonna can’t relate. 

Cher is an absolute effing legend and deserves her recognition. One of the last megastars of her era, in a league of her own. 

7 minutes ago, BritneyMinaj said:

cher is iconic

saw her live twice

stream closer to the truth or dancing queen

I’m so jealous. Her first farewell tour in ‘05 or whatever I wasn’t allowed to go to because my dad didn’t approve of me seeing a gay icon.  

Then I had a second chance in ‘18. She was playing in my city (which no one does) and Sydney. It sold out it 34 seconds and I couldn’t go :wendycry:

Was it amazing? If she ever does Vegas again, I might have no choice but to spend all of my coins. 

3 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

I’m so jealous. Her first farewell tour in ‘05 or whatever I wasn’t allowed to go to because my dad didn’t approve of me seeing a gay icon.  

Then I had a second chance in ‘18. She was playing in my city (which no one does) and Sydney. It sold out it 34 seconds and I couldn’t go :wendycry:

Was it amazing? If she ever does Vegas again, I might have no choice but to spend all of my coins. 

it was amazing the first time was in vegas was great

then the second time was on tour cuz my mom got sick that day and felt incapable to go to the venue so i saw her again and i just remember a old woman yelling at us when we stood up for turn back time 

also a lot of locals i was like the only one who knew woman's world anyways

9 minutes ago, BritneyMinaj said:

it was amazing the first time was in vegas was great

then the second time was on tour cuz my mom got sick that day and felt incapable to go to the venue so i saw her again and i just remember a old woman yelling at us when we stood up for turn back time 

also a lot of locals i was like the only one who knew woman's world anyways

What an experience :blast:

Im extremely envious :yesplease:

Ill be honest, I haven’t heard much of Woman’s World the album, but I liked the song! I guess I thought I’d get around to hearing it and 7 years flew by :britlol:

I kinda checked out after Living Proof as distractions in the form of pop stars aplenty stole my focus. But I did listen to her ABBA covers. Gimme Gimme Gimme is a bop :duadance:

10 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

What an experience :blast:

Im extremely envious :yesplease:

Ill be honest, I haven’t heard much of Woman’s World the album, but I liked the song! I guess I thought I’d get around to hearing it and 7 years flew by :britlol:

I kinda checked out after Living Proof as distractions in the form of pop stars aplenty stole my focus. But I did listen to her ABBA covers. Gimme Gimme Gimme is a bop :duadance:

THE ALBUM IS CALLED "CLOSER TO THE TRUTH"

:ban::messbye::gunriah:

no but listen to "take it like a man" and "dressed to kill" bops

also "lie to me"

1 minute ago, BritneyMinaj said:

I'm not even a cher stan but u upped her up so i had potential in u

U would've been dragged thru hell and back let me tell u haha

I said I checked out after Living Proof. If she wanted me to keep up, she wouldn’t have waited 11 years to release the album :haha:

Britney had reached her peak, fallen, came back and was starting Vegas in the time it took Cher to do an album. What a decade :whiteladydance:

5 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

I said I checked out after Living Proof. If she wanted me to keep up, she wouldn’t have waited 11 years to release the album :haha:

Britney had reached her peak, fallen, came back and was starting Vegas in the time it took Cher to do an album. What a decade :whiteladydance:

Stream Madame X

Pink wrote music for her, Jake shears gave her take it like a man (that was given two remix eps), Pride, you haven't seen the last of me. Proving that Nobody here checked Burlesque for Xtina. It was all Cher honey. Without cher. It wouldn't be in the so gay so good so camp. 

Like Spice world and other films that only gay men get and understand.

Archived