They say, "You should smile more
Darlin', show your eyes more"
Aren't you satisfied?
I'm tired of tryna please some
One who doesn't even
Care what's on my mind

[Pre-Chorus]
Let me go, I don't need you to wipe my tears
Don't you know I'm only tryin' to disappear?

[Chorus]
Don't wanna be young and sad another day longer
Don't wanna feel numb or mad until I go under
And I know that you only want me to be happy
But I still feel lonely tonight
Don't wanna be young and sad another day longer
Another day longer

[Verse 2]
My sister's like sunshine
Always bringing good light
Wherever she will go
And I was born to rain clouds
When they blew the flame out
Blessed in our shadows

ABOUT THE SONG:

On a Zoom meeting with fans, Noah explained the meaning of ‘Young & Sad’. “Being born in the family I was in, everyone gave me such a hard time for having a hard time being Miley’s little sister, but I always felt like I was that person that no one gave a **** about, due to what people said to me online, and it was absolutely unbearable”, Noah clarified. She added “That was so hard for me to overcome, that was something that I heard my whole life, every single day. It was either that or that I wasn’t enough”.

Well, she definitely is making efforts to have her own voice now that she's older because she sounds amazing and her music is heartfelt and GOOD! She seems like a seasoned musician yet she's only 20 years old.....

noah-cyrus.jpg.07a749ead15b8d3c8f490fef7343c527.jpgRelated: 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, JordanMiller said:

Thanks for posting this @bitbitboi.  Can't believe I missed this in my New Music Friday post.

I love Noah. I got to chat with her last year and she was cool and very candid. Even then I was telling her to cheer up. Why is her music always about being sad or crying :kidcries:

You told her to cheer up?? The first verse was written after that conversation with you then :haha:
[Verse 1]
They say, "You should smile more
Darlin', show your eyes more"
Aren't you satisfied?
I'm tired of tryna please some
One who doesn't even
Care what's on my mind

• Haha 1

I like her stuff.  Yes, some of it may be a bit depressing but we may also just be thinking that in comparison to her sister. There’s plenty of music out there that is just as depressing.  This family is truly talented though.  You can’t take that away from them.  I like the simplicity of the video too.  It almost entrances you with the song.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

Noah is a genuinely talented artist. Her music lately is just stunning, a perfect mix of country and melancholy, it just makes me lie down on my floor showering under the sun rays coming down on me through my window (i actually did this lol)

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block