Have Politics Changed How You Feel About Certain Pop Stars?

I'm not just disappointed in those stars who didn't take a stand against Trump but also the ones who supported again a centrist mf like Biden (*cough* *cough* Cher...Debra Messing and lot more) who put us in this mess in the first place.

Trump didn't get there out of no where. Obama sold out to the banks and disappointed so many people. Trump is just a symptom of a rotten to the core system which is controlled by big money and special interest.

BUT...there were also many Pop stars who surprised me and I'm going to stand now. For example: Ariana Grande...didn't like her much but now love her. Dua Lipa...Loved her but love her even more now.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

But I like what Dolly Parton says - she doesn’t talk about politics and stuff because she understands that she has many different kinds of people as fans whom love her and she doesn’t want to offend anyone. She actually refuses to speak on it or she will not continue with an interview. I respect her, she keeps it Classy & Cute. :imcute:   :gelis:   :prettyney:

I really don't like this position...there are topics in the world where staying silent is just cowardice and makes you even an accomplice . It's not cute when you see people suffering and you just shut your eyes and mouth and go on to live your life in your mansion. 

You as a star have an opportunity to maybe change some minds of your fans and turn the world into a better place. Sure you are going to offend some people but I don't give a **** if the fee-fees of a ******* racist or homophobe are hurt. 

• Love 4

When obama was president celebrities weren't political. But everytime a Republican is. Damn believe it Hollywood hates it. I do see another 4 years of trump. 

The youth wanted Bernie. And we have yet to win them over with Biden. 

The youth wants a politician that isn't wall street but actually remembers being poor and struggling. But then again 4 more years of Trump isn't a bad idea. Bette midler said maybe it's a reflection of society as we became materialistic,  ruthless and cutthroat just like him. 

Maybe it's what America needs a society..

I can say. There is a lot of gay Republicans. 

Many are against sane *** marriage because they believe of the bible. 

Most of them even said. They get judged more by their own community for their own political beliefs.  A lot of them refuse to be part of the liberal gay community as they  call it. 

Most Madonna gay fans I feel are Republicans as well. And hates how preachy she is. They want to work, and actually save money. 

Plus a lot of second Amendment gays do exist.  After Orlando they were scared to come out as pro gun.

So we definitely have to fix the one sided political angle in our community as we are alienating our own brothers and sisters over their beliefs as well..

The only straight up political thing I can recall about her is when she said during the DWAD tour that people should trust their president. I don't hold it against her because she was very young, probably didn't know what to think and probably didn't have time to really get all the needed informations about it at that time since she was working a hell lot. I honestly don't really care about what she have said on that topic. 

I think it's a touchy subject that needs to be handle very carefully. I think it's Britney's right not to get involved in it as a celebrity and as an artist and I'm not mad because she faced so many mean comments about this that I don't know if anyone would want to say anything more about it after that.

And maybe it's just not her thing

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
12 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Yeah, totally. Now that i'm an adult, I look back at some stuff that I did or happened to me as a kid / teen. And I realized, my Mom should've taught me better when I was young. :idkney:

My mom was the same, but no one is perfect. I think before parents or people go off on society needs to look at themselves first. 

• Love 2

I try to keep politics separate from art. However that line gets blurred, especially when the artist believes in something that would bring harm to a group of people. Such as anti-LGBTQ+, conversion therapy, or Immigration laws. As a Trans-American women I feel treated like a 2nd class citizen. That's why voting has become very important to me and I encourage every American here to vote blue in the coming elections. NOW MORE THEN EVER it is important to stop the hate and lies Trump and his admin enacted on our country! So if anyone here knows the artist that are not on the same page please let me know!!

Vote Election GIF by Joe Biden  

9 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

But then again 4 more years of Trump isn't a bad idea.

Honey, it's that time of the day where you have already spent too much time online and you should get some fresh air before typing anything else.:frenchy:

The US is the laughing stock of the world and another 4 years of Trump would just turn it into a third-world country.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

My mom was the same, but no one is perfect. I think before parents or people go off on society needs to look at themselves first. 

Oh totally. I sometimes have conversations with my Mom where we look back at what could've been done better. Stuff like that. I'm glad I have an open minded mother. :idkney: 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
On 5/16/2020 at 3:17 AM, Jedro said:

I really don't like this position...there are topics in the world where staying silent is just cowardice and makes you even an accomplice . It's not cute when you see people suffering and you just shut your eyes and mouth and go on to live your life in your mansion. 

You as a star have an opportunity to maybe change some minds of your fans and turn the world into a better place. Sure you are going to offend some people but I don't give a **** if the fee-fees of a ******* racist or homophobe are hurt. 

There are many ways to give back and Dolly is one of the most generous. She’s like Britney where they focus on bringing positivity to the world. A lot of her charities  are children related and she even has a program where they donate books to needy schools as she believes kids need to read. I don’t see what’s wrong with what Dolly said, it shows she believes in equality and don’t judge anyone for who they are 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
On 5/16/2020 at 1:40 PM, Roxxy said:

Oh totally. I sometimes have conversations with my Mom where we look back at what could've been done better. Stuff like that. I'm glad I have an open minded mother. :idkney: 

I wish my mom is like that, she denies everything :quirkney:

• Love 1
On 5/16/2020 at 4:21 AM, Spicechinodiva said:

So we definitely have to fix the one sided political angle in our community as we are alienating our own brothers and sisters over their beliefs as well..

I find it difficult to sit with people who support conversion though...

Like god created all thots equal

:lizzie:

On 5/14/2020 at 2:01 AM, glorytotheworld said:

She wore a dreamer T-Shirt. (When many other female mainstream pop stars have completely stayed away from the topic). Honoured victims of the Orlando Pulse Shooting. And even made fun of the perception people had of her on "Will & Grace". She only ever really supported Bush in CNN interview with republican Tucker Carlson who forced her hand. I don't think she cared much about politics then...did you?

CARLSON: You're going to be on the National Mall [in Washington, D.C.] soon performing for Pepsi and the NFL and also to support our troops. A lot of entertainers have come out against the war in Iraq. Have you?

SPEARS: Honestly, I think we should just trust our president in every decision he makes and should just support that, you know, and be faithful in what happens.

CARLSON: Do you trust this president?

SPEARS: Yes, I do.

CARLSON: Excellent. Do you think he's going to win again?

SPEARS: I don't know. I don't know that.

On 5/14/2020 at 3:12 PM, Livin4art said:

Yup , and I refrain from streaming or supporting those freaks ..... I wouldn't want to surround myself with their energy .... Ignorance and hatred not here bby :holduplisten:

Racists/homophobes know they are sick but they can't really heal themselves it's kind of sad ....... 

They could if they wanted to but it sort of a hobby for most of them!

On 5/16/2020 at 6:17 AM, Jedro said:

Agreed! Defiantly don't want to be throwing my money at artist that would donate it to make minorities life's worse! 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, YvonneSpears said:

CARLSON: You're going to be on the National Mall [in Washington, D.C.] soon performing for Pepsi and the NFL and also to support our troops. A lot of entertainers have come out against the war in Iraq. Have you?

SPEARS: Honestly, I think we should just trust our president in every decision he makes and should just support that, you know, and be faithful in what happens.

CARLSON: Do you trust this president?

SPEARS: Yes, I do.

CARLSON: Excellent. Do you think he's going to win again?

SPEARS: I don't know. I don't know that.

I remember that but I also remember her sending this whole thing up on "Will & Grace" where she played a hardcore closet lesbian named Peg who used the alias Amber Louis who espoused those exact sentiments ad nauseam through out the episode.

I don't think she was heavily into politics but judging from her views on the song "Take Off" and her Will and Grace appearance I don't think she was ultra conservative.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block