Have Politics Changed How You Feel About Certain Pop Stars?

I can say for me it has.

Seeing so many people refuse to take a stand against the rampant racism/homophobia and xenophobia you see bubbling up in North America as a result of the 2016 elections, its clear some of these so called artists have never thought about anything other than $$$ or don't care about their fellow human beings.

I have so much respect for Beyonce. Taylor Swift. Madonna. Britney and countless others who have promoted different initiatives or engaged different communities during these unsettling dark ages.

Are there any artists you're surprised have remained mostly silent during these highly charged political times about some of the injustices going on? Or maybe have glossed over, for business purposes what they might have publicly spoken out against or for in the past?

I'm not talking about people saying who they are voting for. I mean more so people joining in the conversation about gun violence, police brutality, the DREAM act, and or racism/homophobia whether through instagram posts, lending their voice or name to a song or flat out combating it with their music?

:shocked:

politics.jpg.3d2e37cfafd98a77bf2b3231922d3ab7.jpg

Β 

• Love 2

I'm going to be that person but as a fan, Britney has always disappointed me in this category, HerΒ past support of Presidents and wars that I didn't agree with,Β and recently I think she could be doing a lot more than she is, with her money and star power. That's just my personal feelings. Madonna on the other hand has donatedΒ so much money for covid 19 and alwaysΒ tendsΒ to point out injusticeΒ when she see it.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Slave_4_u said:

I'm going to be that person but as a fan, Britney has always disappointed me in this category, HerΒ past support of Presidents and wars that I didn't agree with,Β and recently I think she could be doing a lot more than she is, with her money and star power. That's just my personal feelings. Madonna on the other hand has donatedΒ so much money for covid 19 and alwaysΒ tendsΒ to point out injusticeΒ when she see it.

She wore a dreamer T-Shirt. (When many other female mainstream pop stars have completely stayed away from the topic). Honoured victims of the Orlando Pulse Shooting. And even made fun of the perception people had of her on "Will & Grace". She only ever really supported Bush in CNN interview with republican Tucker Carlson who forced her hand. I don't think she cared much about politics then...did you?

Β 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, glorytotheworld said:

She wore a dreamer T-Shirt. (When many other female mainstream pop stars have completely stayed away from the topic). Honoured victims of the Orlando Pulse Shooting. And even made fun of the perception people had of her on "Will & Grace". She only ever really supported Bush in CNN interview with republican Tucker Carlson who forced her hand. I don't think she cared much about politics then...did you?

Β 

Since you are asking,Β yes I cared, I was in High School then and participated in student anti war protests. It was just my opinion she could do more with her level of celebrity.

• Love 1

Yup , and I refrain from streaming or supporting those freaks ..... I wouldn't want to surround myself with their energy .... Ignorance and hatred not here bbyΒ :holduplisten:

Racists/homophobes know they are sick but they can't really heal themselves it's kind of sad .......Β 

• Love 3

Hmm... it doesn't affect me much. I have a lot of people that I'm close with on both sides of the political spectrum and I appreciate both points of view. I'm very tired of the divisiveness in politics today that is being exploited by the media, social media, and foreign governments who are pushing us to be more divided. At the end of the day, we're all human and I wish we could work to find the middle ground again, because I think we overall agree on more than we disagree.

Now if a celebrity is donating a lot of money or preaching to actively limit the rights of a group of people...

Thats All Folks Reaction GIF by Super Deluxe

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

What an amazing topic idea :clap1:

The way the Dixie Chicks were GRILLED for taking a stand. So ****ed up.Β 

That’s wicked weird you mentioned that. For some reason this popped up in my suggestions on YouTube and I just watched it last night.

Of course I had to go watch the performance they were referring to.

I remember seeing it around that time. Β I forgot how powerful of a performance it was. Β I’ve always liked them and think the whole situation was blown way out of proportion. Β I love their new song β€˜Gaslighter’ so much!!Β 

• Love 2
  • Super Mods

Honestly I feel entertainers should stay out of politics it always gets messy. It’s the parents job to teach kids what’s right or wrong, just like Britney said long time ago β€œI’m not their parents” It starts at home and frankly most parents of America like to point blame at everything like games promoting violence or films so they can avoid blame.Β 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

It’s the parents job to teach kids what’s right or wrong, just like Britney said long time ago β€œI’m not their parents” It starts at home and frankly most parents of America like to point blame at everything like games promoting violence or films so they can avoid blame.Β 

Yeah, totally. Now that i'm an adult, I look back at some stuff that I did or happened to me as a kid / teen. And I realized, my Mom should've taught me better when I was young.Β :idkney:

• Love 3

I really don’t know how I feel about Madonna anymore.. Β :fakecry:

Β 

But I like what Dolly Parton says -Β she doesn’t talk about politics and stuff because she understands that she has many different kinds of people as fans whomΒ love her and she doesn’t want to offend anyone. She actually refuses to speak on it or she will not continue with an interview. I respect her, she keeps it Classy & Cute.Β :imcute:Β Β Β :gelis:Β Β Β :prettyney:

• Love 1

Been away with me, no politics
It's a perfect notion :bop:

Β 

Tbh I don't care about celebrities' politics views any more than the person next to me. I think they have all the rights to say or support whoever they want though. I always see this kind of comments like "honey, stick to your business and stop talking about politics" as if they had no right to express their feelings, or as if they weren't affected as any other citizen. :yaknow:

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

But I like what Dolly Parton says -Β she doesn’t talk about politics and stuff because she understands that she has many different kinds of people as fans whomΒ love her and she doesn’t want to offend anyone. She actually refuses to speak on it or she will not continue with an interview. I respect her, she keeps it Classy & Cute.Β :imcute:Β Β Β :gelis:Β Β Β :prettyney:

Thank you for mentioning it.Β I love Dolly’s take on politics as an entertainer. Her politicalΒ opinions don’t affect her ability to entertain.Β 
I’d rather celebs stay out of it tbh. Standing up for what’s right is one thing, but everything gets politicised these days and it’s sooo tiring.Β 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block