Beyonce hops on a remix of Megan Thee Stallion's "Savage": listen

I like it. I wasnt expecting so much Bey on it. Kinda feels like a Beyonce feat Megan track now. It's gonna hit hard with the younger generation.:lollipop:

I do like it but I miss some old style Beyonce songs. Where she wasnt rap-singing and talking about being hood, her a$$ and t!t$ and being the baddest b!+ch. I miss Crazy In Love, Naughty Girl, Check Up on It, Irreplaceable, Single Ladies. I guess those songs were more pop/r&b and that hasn't been the trend. :(

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Born2Die said:

I like it. I wasnt expecting so much Bey on it. Kinda feels like a Beyonce feat Megan track now. It's gonna hit hard with the younger generation.:lollipop:

I do like it but I miss some old style Beyonce songs. Where she wasnt rap-singing and talking about being hood, her a$$ and t!t$ and being the baddest b!+ch. I miss Crazy In Love, Naughty Girl, Check Up on It, Irreplaceable, Single Ladies. I guess those songs were more pop/r&b and that hasn't been the trend. :(

I totally agree with you. But what did you expect from Bey x Megan collab? I think her next album will be more R&B oriented because she knows that that's what the fans want. Though Beyoncé has been rap-singing since Destiny's Child and was one of the group's signature things. And "being the baddest b" is one of the core themes of Bey's whole discography and won't be going away ever.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, Deyonce said:

I totally agree with you. But what did you expect from Bey x Megan collab? I think her next album will be more R&B oriented because she knows that that's what the fans want. Though Beyoncé has been rap-singing since Destiny's Child and was one of the group's signature things. And "being the baddest b" is one of the core themes of Bey's whole discography and won't be going away ever.

Yeah the rap singing popped off in No No No and I love me some DC. I guess I got used to that being more a DC style rather than in her earlier work as a solo artist. I'm looking forward to the new album! I wanna hear those good vocals come through. Im not a huge current Bey fan (stanned her in DC up until maybe Patition) but I totally forgot what an incredibly effortless vocalist she was until I saw her on the Disney Sing Along event not too long ago. I think that started my longing of her old school R&B work. But artists evolve and I can't hold out for her old classic sound. This is her as an artist now and I respect it.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Born2Die said:

Yeah the rap singing popped off in No No No and I love me some DC. I guess I got used to that being more a DC style rather than in her earlier work as a solo artist. I'm looking forward to the new album! I wanna hear those good vocals come through. Im not a huge current Bey fan (stanned her in DC up until maybe Patition) but I totally forgot what an incredibly effortless vocalist she was until I saw her on the Disney Sing Along event not too long ago. I think that started my longing of her old school R&B work. But artists evolve and I can't hold out for her old classic sound. This is her as an artist now and I respect it.

It heavily distributed through her solo work too on every album but her first. Like it's one of her signature things. But what happened was that on the self titled album there was a lot more of it especially coming off the heels of 4. And then Lemonade had every genre in it and then EVERYTHING IS LOVE was 90% rapping. But her Lion King album was mostly singing so I'd suggest you check that one out. But true pure R&BEY hasn't been around for a full album since 2011. Which I'm mostly unbothered by because it shows her versatility but I also need her to start embarrassing sopranos again with her pipes.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Deyonce said:

It heavily distributed through her solo work too on every album but her first. Like it's one of her signature things. But what happened was that on the self titled album there was a lot more of it especially coming off the heels of 4. And then Lemonade had every genre in it and then EVERYTHING IS LOVE was 90% rapping. But her Lion King album was mostly singing so I'd suggest you check that one out. But true pure R&BEY hasn't been around for a full album since 2011. Which I'm mostly unbothered by because it shows her versatility but I also need her to start embarrassing sopranos again with her pipes.

Thanks I'll give it a listen. I havent bought a Beyonce album since 4, just been a casual listener of her singles since so thanks for the info and recommendation :riri:

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.