Billboard: Greatest Pop Star By Year: 1999 - Britney Spears

4 minutes ago, Winter _90 said:

They were the wannabes of the Backstreet boys, they were only relevant for the impulse that Britney gave them.

Chile. Are you ok? Britney was their opening act for their tour. They were already headlining their own tour before our girl. :deserves:

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Winter _90 said:

But they weren't relevant. They were the wannabes of the Backstreet Boys.

Again, R U OK? Their album outsold Oops! by almost 100%. LMAO. No Strings Attached debuted with 2.4 million copies on its first week. They again outsold Britney in 2001 by another 100%. How can you say that they aren't relevant when the Backstreet Boys aren't even pulling the same numbers as *NSYNC during their peak? Like, don't get me wrong. I PREFER the Backstreet Boys over *NSYNC but I will not live in a state of delusion. And neither should you, sis. :bigkiss:

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Winter _90 said:

But they weren't relevant. They were the wannabes of the Backstreet Boys.

16 minutes ago, Winter _90 said:

They have never been relevant before 2000.

are you kidding me? 

nsync literally held the record for highest first week sales by an artist in history with both nsa and celebrity up until adele in 2015. they literally beat eminem and bsb, who were also massive forces, from that same year. they literally had the most days at #1s on TRL. 

yes, they were formed to counteract with bsb but that doesn't mean they weren't relevant, successful, talented and hard-working in their own right. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Again, R U OK? Their album outsold Oops! by almost 100%. LMAO. No Strings Attached debuted with 2.4 million copies on its first week. They again outsold Britney in 2001 by another 100%. How can you say that they aren't relevant when the Backstreet Boys aren't even pulling the same numbers as *NSYNC during their peak? Like, don't get me wrong. I PREFER the Backstreet Boys over *NSYNC but I will not live in a state of delusion. And neither should you, sis. :bigkiss:

And that when it was? In 2000, right? Well, this is it, they were not relevant until 2000.

3 minutes ago, Winter _90 said:

And that when it was? In 2000, right? Well, this is it, they were not relevant until 2000.

How can they not be relevant in 2000. Do you think 2.4 million people in the US bought an album by a nobody - in a single week? You think it happened just like that:mattafact: Even Britney who was already an established cultural phenomenon by the year 2000, was not able to pull 2.4 million copies in a single week. How can you say they weren't relevant pre-2000. Please try to think outside of your blind faith towards the BSB. I stan BSB any day. I have 2 BSB albums and I only have 1 *NSYNC album but I know the facts and I know pop culture history. :mattafact:

8 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

are you kidding me? 

nsync literally held the record for highest first week sales by an artist in history with both nsa and celebrity up until adele in 2015. they literally beat eminem and bsb, who were also massive forces, from that same year. they were #1 on TRL more than 

yes, they were formed to counteract with bsb but that doesn't mean they weren't relevant, successful, talented and hard-working in their own right. 

Nsync were the  wannabes of  the Backstreet Boys, Britney gave them a big boost in the 2000s and they got those numbers. Britney was the sixth member of Nsync because she was more essential than Joey, Lance and the other guy , I never remember his name.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

How can they not be relevant in 2000. Do you think 2.4 million people in the US bought an album by a nobody - in a single week? You think it happened just like that:mattafact: Even Britney who was already an established cultural phenomenon by the year 2000, was not able to pull 2.4 million copies in a single week. How can you say they weren't relevant pre-2000. Please try to think outside of your blind faith towards the BSB. I stan BSB any day. I have 2 BSB albums and I only have 1 *NSYNC album but I know the facts and I know pop culture history. :mattafact:

Until the 2000s they weren't relevant and Britney gave them a big boost and in Europe they were never bigger.

44 minutes ago, Winter _90 said:

They have never been relevant before 2000.

19 minutes ago, Winter _90 said:

Nsync were the  wannabes of  the Backstreet Boys, Britney gave them a big boost in the 2000s and they got those numbers. Britney was the sixth member of Nsync because she was more essential than Joey, Lance and the other guy , I never remember his name.

Your initial argument states "they were only relevant for the impulse that Britney gave them" which is not only a delusion but a blatant lie and clearly a bias that you seem to have against them, so don't twist your words now.

To clarify, prior to 2000, they embarked on a 5 leg nationwide tour and had the 4th highest grossing tour in 1999. Our fave was opening up for them and literally got booed off stage because they only wanted to see *NSYNC, like what is not clicking??? They also spent more days at #1 on Total REQUEST Live with just one video than all of Britney's videos combined. 

By 2000, they sold out Madison Square Garden for a total of FOUR nights. FOUR NIGHTS. Not even BSB was able to pull these numbers. And believe me, I prefer BSB over NSYNC but what we're not going to do is make up a bunch of lies and say they weren't relevant during their entire run. :deadbanana:

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

clock ha sweets :deserves:

• Like 1

I really cannot with this conversation i just... the twisting... :uknowit:

11 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Your initial argument states "they were only relevant for the impulse that Britney gave them" which is not only a delusion but a blatant lie and clearly a bias that you seem to have against them, so don't twist your words now.

Ok this tbh. Like ok all three of us @DignifiedLove @Winter _90 prefer BSB than *NSYNC - but we should not twist history just to make BSB look good and elevate them. They are legends in their own right and so is *NSYNC. I hope we do not discredit someone else's success just to perpetuate the state of delusion we live in. And that's on period. :tiffdrink: