Billboard: Greatest Pop Star By Year: 1999 - Britney Spears

22 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Your initial argument states "they were only relevant for the impulse that Britney gave them" which is not only a delusion but a blatant lie and clearly a bias that you seem to have against them, so don't twist your words now.

To clarify, prior to 2000, they embarked on a 5 leg nationwide tour and had the 4th highest grossing tour in 1999. Our fave was opening up for them and literally got booed off stage because they only wanted to see *NSYNC, like what is not clicking??? They also spent more days at #1 on Total REQUEST Live with just one video than all of Britney's videos combined. 

By 2000, they sold out Madison Square Garden for a total of FOUR nights. FOUR NIGHTS. Not even BSB was able to pull these numbers. And believe me, I prefer BSB over NSYNC but what we're not going to do is make up a bunch of lies and say they weren't relevant during their entire run. :deadbanana:

In Europe they have never been relevant .... they were successful, ok but not on a large scale and yes, Britney gave them a great boost and yes, she was her opening act but she surpassed them.

1 hour ago, Winter _90 said:

They were the wannabes of the Backstreet boys, they were only relevant for the impulse that Britney gave them.

They had the bops though :duadance: I Want You Back, Tearin’ Up My Heart, Bye Bye Bye, It’s Gonna Be Me, Pop are my jamsss :yesplease: but BSB also brought the bops. I slayed an elementary school talent show to Larger Than Life:mattafact:

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

They had the bops though :duadance: I Want You Back, Tearin’ Up My Heart, Bye Bye Bye, It’s Gonna Be Me, Pop are my jamsss :yesplease: but BSB also brought the bops. I slayed an elementary school talent show to Larger Than Life:mattafact:

I don't argue with that ... that's ok, I'm just saying that they were the wannabes of the Backstreet Boys, that Britney despite being their opening act in their tour, gave them a great boost and that in Europe they have never been relevant until 2000.

• Super Mods
9 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Weird that Britney never got to be mentioned for "Rookie Of The Year" because her debut year was her biggest apparently :gunriah:

Katy was 2008's Rookie Of The Year and then 2010's main artist :tiffdrink: Britney should have atleast got a mention at Comeback Of The Year 2008 :tiffdrink:

Yeah I’m disappointed how they put so much emphasis on that. Her debut was the kicking off point and by 2000, she was THE *****.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I only know Girl Gone Wild & Give Me All Your Luvin :mattafact:

Ok taste. You like the singles and Girl Gone Wild but the album has a lot more bops to offer. I suggest you take a time off from streaming Future Slayagia next week after Dua £ipa debuts at #5 and stream MDNA. :mattafact:

• Haha 1