Billboard: Greatest Pop Star By Year: 1999 - Britney Spears

4 minutes ago, Theo04t said:

thx xd, i was like, what pizzas have to do with all of this

yeah, I first thought they referred to the fact that they're like pre-fabricated acts, or something like that. Like they just put all the ingredients to create the perfect popstar, but then I googled it because it ended in z, so I figured it would have a different meaning, and now it makes more sense :P 

• Like 1

Great list and they were accurate for basically every year tbh. Madonna, Janet, Beyonce and Rihanna were the only ones to be included twice so good for them. JT as well, if you include *NSYNC. I definitely feel like Shakira owned 2006 but I guess JT had more sales, better chart success, etc. that year. Avril also got left out for 2002 but to be fair, Eminem was a massive household name that year. Billboard did their thing for once.  :byetina:

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

You know what, yeah tea tbh. Haha! But in a perfect world, and on a global scale probably, that should be the case. But I think they were measuring US impact only. It's actually very acceptable the ones they crowned for 2000, 2002, and 2003. Just 2001 was sooo off, like, they just wanted more popstars to get their solo years unless they have no choice but to repeat a popstar like they did with Janet and Rihanna. 2001 should've went to DC. :mattafact:

I didn’t see the list but was 2000 NSYNC? Let me go check :mattafact:

• Haha 1