Reddit post attacking Beyonce gains momentum: "Beyonce is an overrated narcissist who is a mediocre singer at best."

Jordan Miller

35 minutes ago, helloitsme said:

Her talent singing/dance talent and artistry is among the best. Within those 3 aspects. 

the only time i see cockiness from her is onstage and playing a character. In real life she seems sweet and humble.

if were gonna talk about narcissism and into themselves in real life... i dont wanna drag anyone bc i love them, but madonna and lady gaga. In interviews theyre so into themselves. Beyonces not like that. Shes actually pretty damn shy. She just kicks it up in high gear on stage and plays this empowering character. “Sasha fierce” so dont come for beyonce that wayy!!! 😭😭😭😭

And even if she's c o c k y, she's the earned that right. When you know you've done the work, you should be proud of yourself and own it:tiffdrink:

Even Meryl Streep knows she is the sh1t. Madonna knows she's the sh1t. Prince knows he's the sh1t. Freddie Mercury knows he's the sh1t. Mariah knows she's the sh1t. Janet knows she's the sh1t. Eminem knows he's the sh1t. Naomi Campbell knows she's the sh1t. Anna Wintour knows she's the sh1t. Tyra Banks knows she's the sh1t. Angelina Jolie knows she is the sh1t. At the height of Britney's career, she also knew she's the sh1t. It just flipped 180 after her breakdown so now she's super insecure. :embarrassney:

Haters are just pressed because their underrated humble legends aren't getting the same recognition and I honestly find it so problematic. You don't have to undermine someone else's legacy and mark to the world, just to validate your feelings and devotion and make you feel good about your humble underrated fave. :mattafact:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, helloitsme said:

Memorable? Yall are wack af. The whole ******** legendary lemonade album. Sales and a ton of my friends can back that up. 

Ok but ST, 4 and lemonade were far better bodies of work than most of, if not all of her albums in the 2000s. Not surprised y’all think her most ‘commercial pop’ efforts are her best but that should have been expected since y’all are Britney fans who probably think Blackout and Glory are some of the greatest albums of all time. :cackling:

2 hours ago, DanaDotte said:

Beyonce hasnt released a memorable song since "Halo" :queenflopga:

MTE. I dotn understand why all of a sudden she got so HUGE. Its like she was a megastar during the Single Ladies Era and then everything died down and then when she rleeased her self named album she became this new entity despite not having a single huge hit on her last 2 albums. How did she get bigger with worse music? Is it just because she is pandering to black people now?

• Content Curators

Meh I don’t see all the hate

like after seeing that Coachella docu she def deserves all the praise

and her vocals are good 
 some delusional brinny fans hate her cause she’s everything y’all want brinny to be overlooking what Britney has accomplished herself 

LMAO 😂 britney fans really do be living under rocks and yet again prove to be some of the most delusional stans on earth. Case for example, above. Stay in denial sweets. To clarify, Beyoncé got huge because she continued to evolve and release cohesive bodies of work, front to end, while sharpening her skills as a performer. Something Britney has failed to do since 2004. :cackling:

It’s one thing to not like her character or attitude but it’s another to literally discredit her hard-earned legacy, hard work and talent. She literally proved her status as a legend in the 2010s as one of the most polarizing artists of our time but y’all still wanna run with the narrative that “sHe HaSnT rElEaSeD aNyThInG gOoD sInCe HaLo”.

Y’all make me sick.

:cackling:

1 minute ago, DignifiedLove said:

LMAO 😂 britney fans really do be living under rocks and yet again prove to be some of the most delusional stans on earth. Case for example, above. Stay in denial sweets. To clarify, Beyoncé got huge because she continued to evolve and release cohesive bodies of work, front to end, while sharpening her skills as a performer. Something Britney has failed to do since 2004. :cackling:

yeah she evolved and improved but Im just confused because musically she hasnt had a hit in a while.  Usually artists that dont have hits get less successfull overall not more. Drunk in Love is her last single that did well. I mean maybe the Superbowl and Coachella performances were what made her such a touring force but other than that her lack of hits paired with her lack of promo make it kind of baffling to me that she is getting this god treatment now whereas other artists would be forgotten.

6 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

yeah she evolved and improved but Im just confused because musically she hasnt had a hit in a while.  Usually artists that dont have hits get less successfull overall not more. Drunk in Love is her last single that did well. I mean maybe the Superbowl and Coachella performances were what made her such a touring force but other than that her lack of hits paired with her lack of promo make it kind of baffling to me that she is getting this god treatment now whereas other artists would be forgotten.

You just answered your own question sis. Established artists like Beyonce who are were so well-ingrained in pop culture by the time the new decade rolled around didn’t need a slew of back-to-back hits to keep herself relevant. Chart success doesn’t always measure popularity but even that is a reach since a majority of her singles from last decade are practically cult classics now. As a Britney fan, you should be the first to know that. :cackling:

1 minute ago, DignifiedLove said:

You just answered your own question sis. Established artists like Beyonce who are were so well-ingrained in pop culture by the time the new decade rolled around didn’t need a slew of back-to-back hits to keep herself relevant. Chart success doesn’t always measure popularity. As a Britney fan, you should be the first to know that. :cackling:

yeah but Britney hasnt been the touring force that Beyonce has been. there is a reason why she had to play smaller arenas than she used to.

Also I feel like Britney was "bigger" when she stopped having commercial success than Beyonce was when she stopped. (I mean they both still had No. 1 albums but you know what I mean)

21 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

yeah she evolved and improved but Im just confused because musically she hasnt had a hit in a while. Usually artists that dont have hits get less successfull overall not more.

Omg love you my co-Fighter but no. Madonna?

I mean maybe the Superbowl and Coachella performances were what made her such a touring force

She was already a touring force way before Coachella. Maybe you just don't check on her that much. But it certainly did not come out of the blue. She put it in the work and honestly it was high time that by then, she blew up to be a force because she was so ripe already post-Sasha Fierce. :urite:

her lack of hits paired with her lack of promo make it kind of baffling to me that she is getting this god treatment

Nooo. :embarrassney: Maybe you're just not into pop culture in general and like to just keep to your faves, it's not about hits. It's about impact. And she completely changed the game when she surprise release self titled. As a Britney fan, we know Britney had very few top 10 hits during her peak. She only had 4 Top 10s during her peak. There was no radio support for her as well. Yet that didn't stop Britney in becoming the main pop girl of her generation. And she was an album seller - just like Beyoncé when she was no longer hitting the Top 10 of the Hot 100. Her albums are cultural records and whether or not we identify with that or not (i sure do not because I am NOT black), but that is the tea. Her records are impactful maybe not to us but to every black person in the world. Also, is anyone else doing it better than her? Singing + dancing + production value + concepts + message? No one is doing it like her in the game. That is why she is rated that high. :mhm:

7 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

yeah but Britney hasnt been the touring force that Beyonce has been. there is a reason why she had to play smaller arenas than she used to.

Also I feel like Britney was "bigger" when she stopped having commercial success than Beyonce was when she stopped. (I mean they both still had No. 1 albums but you know what I mean)

Ok but what does this have to do with your ignorant statement on Beyonce being more relevant with ‘worse’ music, having had no hits last decade (which she clearly had) and ‘pandering to black people.’

I suggest you stay on topic next time. :cackling:

1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

Omg love you my co-Fighter but no. Madonna?

She was already a touring force way before Coachella. Maybe you just don't check on her that much. But it certainly did not come out of the blue. She put it in the work and honestly it was high time that by then, she blow up to be a force because she was so ripe already post-Sasha Fierce. :urite:

Nooo. :embarrassney: Maybe you're just not into pop culture in general and like to just keep to your faves, it's not about hits. It's about impact. And she completed changed the game when she surprise release self titled. As a Britney fan, we know Britney had very few top 10 hits during her peak. She only had 4 Top 10s during her peak. There was no radio support for her as well. Yet that didn't stop Britney in becoming the main pop girl of her genetation. And she was an album seller - just like Beyoncé when she was no longer hitting the Top 10 of the Hot 100. Her albums are cultural records and whether or not we identify with that or not (i sure do not because I am NOT black), but that is the tea. Her records are impactful maybe not to us but to every black person in the world. Also, is anyone else doing it better than her? Singing + dancing + production value + concepts + message? No one is doing it like her in the game. That is why she is rated that high. :mhm:

I know but I just think that she got so huge after having several years of no impact between IASF and Beyonce. Like if she went from IASF to Beyonce and then became this massive then I would get it. But there was a while there where noone was really checking for her and then BOOOM she was the biggest thing ever overnight with her self title album. It just went kind of overnight and its baffling to me.

20 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

I know but I just think that she got so huge after having several years of no impact between IASF and Beyonce. Like if she went from IASF to Beyonce and then became this massive then I would get it. But there was a while there where noone was really checking for her and then BOOOM she was the biggest thing ever overnight with her self title album. It just went kind of overnight and its baffling to me.

Ok I get that. :imcute: I know what you mean about a time where no one was checking for her. I think what you're saying is during 4 era which I consider to be her experimental album before she really honed and mastered her craft on BEYONCÉ. But despite that weak era, when she dropped self titled, that really was the turning where she BLEW up after being dormant in the her last era. Because that album really was a cultural juggernaut. Some people don't like that album because it doesn't have bops and honestly if you ask me, I enjoy B'Day much more cause that's just my taste. I like bops. I like gay pop. I like the Good Girl Gone Bads and Louds. But I guess it's safe to say that she did deserve to win Album of the Year for self titled at the Grammys. I don't know if you know this, but that is why it caused such a ruckus back then that she didn't win AOTY because not only did she outsell her co-nominees, she also outimpacted. Give me a more impactful album than self titled among these: In The Lonely Hour by Sam Smith and X by Ed Sheeran. No one was doing it like her during that year and it just snowballed from there. That really was the the turning point where she transcended from a hitmaking popstar serving bops to the gays - to something much bigger and much more important to the world - a cultural icon. :mhm:

43 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Ok I get that. :imcute: I know what you mean about a time where no one was checking for her. I think what you're saying is during 4 era which I consider to be her experimental album before she really honed and mastered her craft on BEYONCÉ. But despite that weak era, when she dropped self titled, that really was the turning where she BLEW up after being dormant in the her last era. Because that album really was a cultural juggernaut. Some people don't like that album because it doesn't have bops and honestly if you ask me, I enjoy B'Day much more cause that's just my taste. I like bops. I like gay pop. I like the Good Girl Gone Bads and Louds. But I guess it's safe to say that she did deserve to win Album of the Year for self titled at the Grammys. I don't know if you know this, but that is why it caused such a ruckus back then that she didn't win AOTY because not only did she outsell her co-nominees, she also outimpacted. Give me a more impactful album than self titled among these: In The Lonely Hour by Sam Smith and X by Ed Sheeran. No one was doing it like her during that year and it just snowballed from there. That really was the the turning point where she transcended from a hitmaking popstar serving bops to the gays - to something much bigger and much more important to the world - a cultural icon. :mhm:

To be honest all of my favorite Beyonce songs are on 4. I still dont get why it wasnt bigger. Countdown, End of Time, Run The World and I was Here are amazing.

7 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

To be honest all of my favorite Beyonce songs are on 4. I still dont get why it wasnt bigger. Countdown, End of Time, Run The World and I was Here are amazing.

OF COURSE! Yet again showing your taste. PERIODDD!!! :gobaby:

Countdown, End of Time, and Run the World!!! Period period period! I guess people didn't like the organic sound and wanted the electro bops she was doing before. Sad that it's so underrated. :embarrassney:

I'm listening to I Was Here right now as I type this cause I played my Bey playlist since I started replying to this thread. :overwhelm:

3 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

OF COURSE! Yet again showing your taste. PERIODDD!!! :gobaby:

Countdown, End of Time, and Run the World!!! Period period period! I guess people didn't like the organic sound and wanted the electro bops she was doing before. Sad that it's so underrated. :embarrassney:

I'm listening to I Was Here right now as I type this cause I played my Bey playlist since I started replying to this thread. :overwhelm:

Countdown and End of Time are always some of her best live performance the instrumental of Countdown during Coachella was :airpls::airpls: and I was here is her best Ballad. Im so over Halo. I like Sandcastles too and XO but I was here is so stunning.

2 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

Countdown and End of Time are always some of her best live performance the instrumental of Countdown during Coachella was

Period!!! And almost a decade later and I still can't sing the words to End of Time :sobbing: I'm always "baby come and give me na na na na na na na na na BABY LET'S GO! baby let's go! i wanna provide this love na na na na na na na na na LET ME LOVE YOU FROM YOUR HEAD TO TOE!" :queenie:

5 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

and I was here is her best Ballad. Im so over Halo. I like Sandcastles too and XO but I was here is so stunning.

It's the song you really sing and belt out at the top of your lungs like you're performing in front of a crowd. It just takes over you. :overwhelm:

Archived