RedOne believes Madonna changed her mind on working with him because of Lady Gaga

• Leader

gaga-madonna.jpg.0912590311ac977518422a5a5ddf837b.jpg

Producer RedOne says in a new interview he was *this close* to working with Madonna.

The Queen of Pop hit him up to work on new tunes together, but he believes she changed her mind (no seas cortes) because Madonna was worried about people ripping her apart for working with ~Gaga's producer~.

Interviewer: "What is your dream collaboration that never happened?"

RedOne:  "It's Madonna and she reached out to me to work with her but then when i said yes she changed her mind." 

Interviewer: "Why?"

RedOne: "I think she was afraid that the critics would mock her for working with Gaga's producer."

All of the Gaga songs RedOne helped create:

Spoiler

He worked with Lady Gaga on the following song(s): 

Songs from The Fame (2008):

"Boys Boys Boys"
"Just Dance"
"LoveGame"
"Money Honey"
"Paper Gangsta"
"Poker Face"
Songs from The Fame Monster (2009):

"Alejandro"
"Bad Romance"
"Monster"
"So Happy I Could Die"
Songs from Born This Way (2011):

"Hair"
"Judas"
"Scheiße"
Songs from ARTPOP  (2013):

"Gypsy" (Co-writer)
Songs from Joanne  (2016):

"Angel Down" (Co-writer)
"Angel Down" (work tape) (Co-writer and producer)

Imagine the bops they could've created together :kyliecry:

• Love 1

That's too bad because I like RedOne very much. He has produced some of my all time favorite bops - ever. I won't mention which ones he did for GaGa that I like because let's just say all of it:donewithit:

But I will highlight these ones because I am just that obsessed with them.

About a Girl - Sugababes
On the Floor - Jennifer Lopez feat. Pitbull
Dance Again - Jennifer Lopez feat. Pitbull
Starships - Nicki Minaj

bops on bops on bops~ :prettyney:

• Love 1
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, Born2Die said:

Redone to Gaga is that of Max Martin to Britney Spears :bedtime:

mmmhhh no. RedOne did Gaga's most famous and iconic songs, it's basically "Gaga's sound" (apart for ballads heavily driven by a piano with almost screaming singing): dance pop music with super thumping beats and an "intergalactic feel" to it, whereas Britney and Max don't have a well defined sound because both Max and Britney are out of this world artists and each can exist and make magic on their own. "...Baby" and "3" by the amazing Max, "Toxic" by Bloodshy & Avant, "Slave" by The Neptunes, then "Womanizer" with The Outsyders (seriously, WHO ARE THEY, she put them on the map)... She turns anything to gold, I swear we stan the best queen.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Probably would have been a good collaboration tbh. But I can see why Madonna maybe had reservations. She was pretty petty around the time GaGa hit it big. A 50 year old woman tearing down a 25 year old woman because she was influenced by the queen of pop? How dare she? :akii:

It certainly wouldn’t have been a good idea for her to work with RedOne after all of her pettiness, she would have been torn to shreds. 

That being said, if this was for her MDNA album,  it’s a shame. That album is a huge let down for Madonna standards, a regression in her discography :katycream:

• Like 2

I don't know. 

Madonna collaborators are the weirdos and the Unknown and underground.

Jelllybean, Patrick Leonard, Stephen Bray, Shep Pettibone,  Nelle hooper, Bjork, William Orbit, Mirwais Ahmadzaï, Martin Solveig. 

Hell while some big time producers were huge. Pharrell definitely was C List. Not A List like today. After hard Candy he definitely blew up bigger as an artist on his own.

Hell one of my big Favorite Madonna stans. Even said. SHE WAS SMART PUSHING THE DIPLO SOUND ON REBEL HEART.  Given how Avicii sound was already dated 

Case in point. There would be no Side to Side if it wasn't  2014's Unapologetic B>>ch.

But none of you are ready for that conversation.  

She's still creating trends. mtv madonna GIF

• Haha 1
  • Like 4
16 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I don't know. 

Madonna collaborators are the weirdos and the Unknown and underground.

Jelllybean, Patrick Leonard, Stephen Bray, Shep Pettibone,  Nelle hooper, Bjork, William Orbit, Mirwais Ahmadzaï, Martin Solveig. 

Hell while some big time producers were huge. Pharrell definitely was C List. Not A List like today. After hard Candy he definitely blew up bigger as an artist on his own.

Hell one of my big Favorite Madonna stans. Even said. SHE WAS SMART PUSHING THE DIPLO SOUND ON REBEL HEART.  Given how Avicii sound was already dated 

Case in point. There would be no Side to Side if it wasn't  2014's Unapologetic B>>ch.

But none of you are ready for that conversation.  

She's still creating trends. mtv madonna GIF

How much more A-list can u go than Britney? Britney put The Neptunes and Pharell on a map with Slave 4 U hitting number one in many european countries. I wouldn't call Pharell a C-list that Madona put on a map at all. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, CloseMyEyes1457 said:

How much more A-list can u go than Britney? Britney put The Neptunes and Pharell on a map with Slave 4 U hitting number one in many european countries. I wouldn't call Pharell a C-list that Madona put on a map at all. 

Slave 4 U flopped in the US. Let's not forget that. 

It peaked at #27 due to a lack of a commercial CD single. Radio would've play it due to the ****** content in the song..

3 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Slave 4 U flopped in the US. Let's not forget that. 

It peaked at #27 due to a lack of a commercial CD single. Radio would've play it due to the ****** content in the song..

Imagine thinking Slave flopped given the iconic status of a song given it’s relatively low chart position. Radio ban and no physical single and still hit #27. When will the others that can’t crack the top 20 :tiffhair:

• Like 4
50 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Ok you're entitled to that opinion but Electric Chapel exists. :mattafact:

1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

He produced the only relevant songs off Born This Way :mattafact:

Heavy Metal Lover says take it back.

That album is a rock album designed for dancing. Oddly. Judas was the last single to be released under redone.

Which the monsters now call him  Re done.

He's been trying to repeat his successes. 

But clearly she moved on. cuca GIF

• Haha 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.