Omgaga. Las Vegas residencies by the numbers

Jordan Miller

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really almost all of them sold better than Britney? :girlwhat: Even Reba? I don't know her :idkha:

7 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

But what about total revenue? 

But anyways, that last tweet about how Lady Gaga beat the nostalgia acts in prices, well, I'd be surprised if she didn't since she's supposedly still a current act. 

Gaga shouldn't put herself between nostalgia acts and do Vegas, she should do world tours. But she chosen easier way for big money. I don't buy the fibromyalgia thing. She got good offer, so her management had to came up with such excuse. 

32 minutes ago, Charlotte_the_Harlot said:

Really almost all of them sold better than Britney? :girlwhat: Even Reba? I don't know her :idkha:

Gaga shouldn't put herself between nostalgia acts and do Vegas, she should do world tours. But she chosen easier way for big money. I don't buy the fibromyalgia thing. She got good offer, so her management had to came up with such excuse. 

I think it's ok. 

In theory, the Vegas residency is the most ideal for any artist, new or old. They save all the expenses a tour brings with it, and IN THEORY they could or should be able to put on a greater show in terms of stage, visuals, etc, because they don't have to worry about transporting all that stuff or dealing with different stages (shape, size, lighting, etc).

Taking advatange of a place like Vegas which is always full of travelers from around the world, gives them more chances of selling a show, multiple shows, than setting up for a tour and later be struggling to sell tickets like those new artists we often hear about.

I mean, a tour can sell more tickets per night, but they can only tour for too long, before they have to stop. In a residency they can extend the show for years and years and eventually they make more money than what they'd do if they only toured, even if they sell less tickets per night, and especially if the residency tickets are more expensive than the tour's, which is the case for everyone but Britney

• Leader
5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think it's ok. 

In theory, the Vegas residency is the most ideal for any artist, new or old. They save all the expenses a tour brings with it, and IN THEORY they could or should be able to put on a greater show in terms of stage, visuals, etc, because they don't have to worry about transporting all that stuff or dealing with different stages (shape, size, lighting, etc).

Taking advatange of a place like Vegas which is always full of travelers from around the world, gives them more chances of selling a show, multiple shows, than setting up for a tour and later be struggling to sell tickets like those new artists we often hear about.

I mean, a tour can sell more tickets per night, but they can only tour for too long, before they have to stop. In a residency they can extend the show for years and years and eventually they make more money than what they'd do if they only toured, even if they sell less tickets per night, and especially if the residency tickets are more expensive than the tour's, which is the case for everyone but Britney

Nailed it. 

I wonder how I would view Vegas residencies if I hadn't grew up / live in Vegas. 

Archived