Kesha – 'High Road' streaming party

Jordan Miller

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a decade Kesha has been my guilty pleasure and has never let me down. Until now. I was underwhelmed when she released My Own Dance. The more I listened the more it grew on me and now it’s shaping up to be one of the best songs on the album, which isn’t a good thing. Many of the songs sound Rainbow-esque but not as good. I guess I was hoping for more pop, something on par with Warrior or Animal that made me want to dance. This wasn’t it. I want to be obsessed with Tonight because I love the idea of it. It has everything a Kesha song needs minus the proper production. It’s a mess. A catchy, boppy, could’ve-been-incredible mess, but a mess nonetheless. I suppose it was done purposefully as a stylistic element to match the lyrics so I can still respect that. I do LOVE High Road and Kinky, though. So much. Wish we got an album full of tracks like those. Until we do, if ever, I’ll be waking up in the morning feeling like P Diddy with them on repeat. I’ll forever and always be a Kesha stan. 

I've outgrown the party song, and I'm glad she's mostly outgrown that too. At 30, it's kinda like- alright then what else. 

I think it's a really full album. I love all of the messages in the songs released previously- its thoughtful, cheeky pop- it's like she's still having fun spitting right back in society's face but she's older and wiser now. 

• Leader
Just now, Tom01 said:

I've outgrown the party song, and I'm glad she's mostly outgrown that too. At 30, it's kinda like- alright then what else. 

I think it's a really full album. I love all of the messages in the songs released previously- its thoughtful, cheeky pop- it's like she's still having fun spitting right back in society's face but she's older and wiser now. 

MTE. Listening to Little Bit Of Love right now 

22 hours ago, JakeZ said:

For a decade Kesha has been my guilty pleasure and has never let me down. Until now. I was underwhelmed when she released My Own Dance. The more I listened the more it grew on me and now it’s shaping up to be one of the best songs on the album, which isn’t a good thing. Many of the songs sound Rainbow-esque but not as good. I guess I was hoping for more pop, something on par with Warrior or Animal that made me want to dance. This wasn’t it. I want to be obsessed with Tonight because I love the idea of it. It has everything a Kesha song needs minus the proper production. It’s a mess. A catchy, boppy, could’ve-been-incredible mess, but a mess nonetheless. I suppose it was done purposefully as a stylistic element to match the lyrics so I can still respect that. I do LOVE High Road and Kinky, though. So much. Wish we got an album full of tracks like those. Until we do, if ever, I’ll be waking up in the morning feeling like P Diddy with them on repeat. I’ll forever and always be a Kesha stan. 

I can basically agree with your opinions leading up to the album, because I was in a similar spot. But I have to say I’m pleasantly surprised! 

I have always enjoyed Keshas music but she’s lost me a bit as the past few years have come and gone since Rainbow. She’s become way to SJW-woke for my liking. I was excited to hear the new songs when the album was announced but then I saw the album cover and thought it was atrocious. Then Raising Hell was incredibly underwhelming. My Own Dance I listened to maybe 3 times, since I’ve heard it, and Resentment is a good song but it’s not really a bop.

It took me like, 5-6 listens to really like Tonight. It’s def a messy bop but I didn’t really appreciate the messiness until after a few listens. But I gotta day I’m impressed with a lot of the album. Birthday Suit and Kinky are bops, Shadow is AMAZING and I am in love with High Road and Cowboy Blues. Chasing Thunder is a good song too. 

A Little Love Tonight (I think that’s what it’s called) is ok but forgettable at best. Honey, BFF, potato are all pretty shitty imo. There’s gotta be another I’m forgetting but I’m going to assume it’s probably as underwhelming. Overall I’m pleasantly surprised with the songs I love. Having 6-7 Great songs off an album I figured I’d hate is pretty good as far as I’m concerned 🤷‍♂️

• Leader
7 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

I can basically agree with your opinions leading up to the album, because I was in a similar spot. But I have to say I’m pleasantly surprised! 

I have always enjoyed Keshas music but she’s lost me a bit as the past few years have come and gone since Rainbow. She’s become way to SJW-woke for my liking. I was excited to hear the new songs when the album was announced but then I saw the album cover and thought it was atrocious. Then Raising Hell was incredibly underwhelming. My Own Dance I listened to maybe 3 times, since I’ve heard it, and Resentment is a good song but it’s not really a bop.

It took me like, 5-6 listens to really like Tonight. It’s def a messy bop but I didn’t really appreciate the messiness until after a few listens. But I gotta day I’m impressed with a lot of the album. Birthday Suit and Kinky are bops, Shadow is AMAZING and I am in love with High Road and Cowboy Blues. Chasing Thunder is a good song too. 

A Little Love Tonight (I think that’s what it’s called) is ok but forgettable at best. Honey, BFF, potato are all pretty shitty imo. There’s gotta be another I’m forgetting but I’m going to assume it’s probably as underwhelming. Overall I’m pleasantly surprised with the songs I love. Having 6-7 Great songs off an album I figured I’d hate is pretty good as far as I’m concerned 🤷‍♂️

Nailed it!

I absolutely love it so much!! :) I fee like we got some old kesha on alot of the songs and I'm so here for it. I HATE all of the single choices and feel like they are some of the worst songs on the album. Kinky,Birthday suit, resentment, the potato song I love all of it! :) I have listened to it like 5 times in the last two days!!! 

• Super Mods

Tonight, Honey, Birthday Suit and Kinky are bops :queenflopga:
BFF and Cowboy Blues are really cute ballads (or songs) :overwhelm:

Father Daughter Dance made me tear up and really appreciate how deep Kesha can be in her songwriting :kidcries:
The Potato Song has IDGAF vibes and I live for it! :liberatedaf:

Overall, I’ve enjoyed the album in my first listen!!

• 9 months later...

Archived