Kesha – 'High Road' streaming party

Jordan Miller

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MY GOD this album was in 2020, it feels like it was another year 😫 freaking corona changed the whole perspective of time 

but anyways I loved this album so much listened to it A LOT and feel that she definitely deserved more attention and praise for it! To me it’s like Rainbow Kesha meets TikTok Ke$ha meets Lizzo meets Carly Rae meets Gaga Joanne meets Madonna Rebel Heart meets Charli XCX meets Billie Eilish

All in one delicious Caesar’s salad.

One of the best pop albums of the year! 

MY GOD this album was in 2020, it feels like it was another year 😫 freaking corona changed the whole perspective of time 

but anyways I loved this album so much listened to it A LOT and feel that she definitely deserved more attention and praise for it! To me it’s like Rainbow Kesha meets TikTok Ke$ha meets Lizzo meets Carly Rae meets Gaga Joanne meets Madonna Rebel Heart meets Charli XCX meets Billie Eilish

All in one delicious Caesar’s salad.

One of the best pop albums of the year! 

On 11/10/2020 at 7:53 PM, Blackout2006 said:

Its an amazing album and deserved much more success and love :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Here to second this opinion :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

Perhaps an unpopular opinion but Kesha had the best album start to finish released this year and here is my reasoning: 

Kesha’s previous studio efforts (bar Animal/Cannibal) are equal parts bangers and filler. High Road is almost filler free and shows a more mature Kesha that still hasn’t lost touch with her youth. 
Secondly, Kesha is often overlooked as a serious artist because of her previous Ke$ha party girl persona but she is the executive producer of High Road and co-wrote every song. Her vocals sound real and more refined than her debut. Kesha showed, imo, that she didn’t need Dr Luke and that she had her own back and for that, she deserved way more credit and success :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack: 

I have streamed High Road way more than Chromatica and I’m not sorry :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

I’ll stop ranting now but Honey, Little Bit Of Love, Kinky and The Potato Song (Cuz I Want To) deserve spots on her Best Of...

1 minute ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

Here to second this opinion :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

Perhaps an unpopular opinion but Kesha had the best album start to finish released this year and here is my reasoning: 

Kesha’s previous studio efforts (bar Animal/Cannibal) are equal parts bangers and filler. High Road is almost filler free and shows a more mature Kesha that still hasn’t lost touch with her youth. 
Secondly, Kesha is often overlooked as a serious artist because of her previous Ke$ha party girl persona but she is the executive producer of High Road and co-wrote every song. Her vocals sound real and more refined than her debut. Kesha showed, imo, that she didn’t need Dr Luke and that she had her own back and for that, she deserved way more credit and success :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack: 

I have streamed High Road way more than Chromatica and I’m not sorry :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

I’ll stop ranting now but Honey, Little Bit Of Love, Kinky and The Potato Song (Cuz I Want To) deserve spots on her Best Of...

Omg was it released this year? :orangu_orangutan_ape: why do I feel like it was released last year. Damn this year had dragged. Streaming the best song off that record AKA Raising Hell :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Imma leave this here. Anyone else seen this performance?

Or did we all sleep on this? 

Omg I hadn't seen this performance until now but its giving me everything I needed for this song!

Can we just IMAGINE how much different this era would have been received had "Shadow" been the first single?

"Shadow" as the first single, given the big push with live performances (just like this one!) and surely she would have caught some of that P!nk/Kelly Clarkson mom-crowd pop vibe that would have made this era a little more impactful. 

Regardless, I bought the album on day 1 and I will forever and always be a Kesha fan. Just some food for thought I guess. 

8 hours ago, SpookyFish13 said:

Omg I hadn't seen this performance until now but its giving me everything I needed for this song!

Can we just IMAGINE how much different this era would have been received had "Shadow" been the first single?

"Shadow" as the first single, given the big push with live performances (just like this one!) and surely she would have caught some of that P!nk/Kelly Clarkson mom-crowd pop vibe that would have made this era a little more impactful. 

Regardless, I bought the album on day 1 and I will forever and always be a Kesha fan. Just some food for thought I guess. 

Yeah, I think this song would have changed the course or outcome of the album. I feel a lot of fans wanted Ke$ha to come back and do the party music. I did like her second single though. Honey and a little bit of love are good tracks too. 

Archived