Would you comment on threads about artists OTHER than Britney?

Jordan Miller

Would you comment on threads about artists OTHER than Britney?  

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Leader

Just curious... I am really interested in promoting Exhale in a much bigger way than I have ever before, and I'd love to have existing members' support. I know Exhale began as a Britney forum, but legit one of my dreams is to have this forum be home for fans of other artists AS WELL. Curious if ANY of you are interested in that kind of a shift. I'd love to hear your feedback! And yes I am talking about this forum (not the other newly-created one). 

Comment. I am replying :akii:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Leader
2 hours ago, Shadow2003 said:

Well, I love many artists, so I voted "yes". Still, though, looking at the poll, the majority is here for Britney, not others. Also, we have to take into consideration that this sort of thing was attempted twice already and didn't work out, so, sadly, I don't think a 3rd time will do it.

Yea but you must not know me 😂. I don’t mind failing and trying again 

• Leader

I guess I just don’t understand why fans wouldn’t want to read and comment on other artists. We can make an unlimited number of threads 😂 it doesn’t take away from Britney. Unless someone can reason with me how it does? I bet you Britney herself would actually like for fans to talk about artists she likes too 

Well Britney is my priority here :hiii:even tho I like other artists like Ariana, Rihanna or Harry Styles but it'd be much better to have them in other sections not in Britney's.

I think most of us want it in that way, like it was before but not forgetting that Britney is the queen of Exhale and the center of this page.

5 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

I guess I just don’t understand why fans wouldn’t want to read and comment on other artists. We can make an unlimited number of threads 😂 it doesn’t take away from Britney. Unless someone can reason with me how it does? I bet you Britney herself would actually like for fans to talk about artists she likes too 

I think the reason people aren't interested isn't that it will take away from Britney, but it'll be pointless. Before this Exhale was re-activated, all the official threads about other artists just sat there unbothered and barely anybody posted there. As for the other Exhale before everyone abandoned it, the Britney group was always active, meanwhile, almost all of the other groups were also empty, no threads, no nothing. That's why I think other people aren't fans of the idea: discussions about other artists were almost always dead.

Still, though, I would like to see threads about other artists, I'm just pointing something out.

• Leader
27 minutes ago, Shadow2003 said:

I think the reason people aren't interested isn't that it will take away from Britney, but it'll be pointless. Before this Exhale was re-activated, all the official threads about other artists just sat there unbothered and barely anybody posted there. As for the other Exhale before everyone abandoned it, the Britney group was always active, meanwhile, almost all of the other groups were also empty, no threads, no nothing. That's why I think other people aren't fans of the idea: discussions about other artists were almost always dead.

Still, though, I would like to see threads about other artists, I'm just pointing something out.

Yea agreed - other artists’ threads weren’t very active. I’d like to try and understand why that is. I love Britney, but I also like to comment on other artists, too. Why do you think current users aren’t wanting to comment on other threads? They see a thread with zero replies, so they don’t reply, then it remains at zero. Pero like why?

• Leader
2 minutes ago, Charlotte_the_Harlot said:

I just want this place to be alive, like it used to be years ago. :tiffanycries:

I think people who aren’t just die-hard Britney fans joining will actually make the Britney threads pop off even more. I think for a long time there was this culture of... if someone comments about another artist that’s not Britney, It’s almost like you’re disrespecting her. Which in my opinion is not the caseIt’s almost like you’re disrespecting her or abandoning her. Which in my opinion is not the case

• Leader
33 minutes ago, Fenixxx123 said:

Well Britney is my priority here :hiii:even tho I like other artists like Ariana, Rihanna or Harry Styles but it'd be much better to have them in other sections not in Britney's.

I think most of us want it in that way, like it was before but not forgetting that Britney is the queen of Exhale and the center of this page.

I’m cool with Britney being the Queen here bc that’s our roots, but idk... It doesn’t feel very welcoming to fans of other artists if there’s a Britney Spears section and then a general news section.It doesn’t feel very welcoming to fans of other artists if there’s a Britney Spears section and then a general news section.

5 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

I think people who aren’t just die-hard Britney fans joining will actually make the Britney threads pop off even more. I think for a long time there was this culture of... if someone comments about another artist that’s not Britney, It’s almost like you’re disrespecting her. Which in my opinion is not the caseIt’s almost like you’re disrespecting her or abandoning her. Which in my opinion is not the case

I know what you mean, of course I'm here for Britney mostly, but have nothing against other artist here. I don't know how you want to bring more people here, cause it's not the first time when exhale is changing, and in the end it's only more quiet. But if this time you have good plan, just go for it & good luck

I’m conflicted. I found the new BH/Exhale easier to keep up and talk about new artists due to the home page and posts you (Jordan) made. However, I never really would go to the Artist Groups and make a post about another artist, just like how I never did it here on the old Exhale. If I’m passionate about an artist and want to talk about them, I’ll go to websites/forums specifically about them where there is already a community. For example, I go to LanaBoards to talk about Lana, here to talk about Britney, and Reddit to talk about Frank Ocean or general pop artists (/r/popheads). 

I do understand that you (Jordan) want to diversify since Britney is only going to become less and less mainstream and having all artists in one place could be both very efficient and bring in a large crowd. However, I expect the process to be difficult, since so far it already hasn’t worked well here, and there’s so much competition from sites already like what you want BH to be (ATRL, Reddit) and from dedicated fan sites for one specific artist. I don’t want to discourage you, just giving my opinion. 

I do find old Exhale to be a better format for discussing Britney though and I think this forum is more user-friendly. Even though I felt encouraged to post more on the new homepage, I felt discouraged from going to the forums on new Exhale. It just wasn’t as enjoyable to use and engage with people. I’m not a fan of this new theme though here on old Exhale.

2 hours ago, Shadow2003 said:

Yeah I agree. I'm open to talking about other artists (on both here and the other Exhale ddd) but at the end of the day, this was a Britney fansite/forum originally so most people who signed up will want to talk about Britney.

Jordan also needs to consider how the new Exhale could appeal to pop music fans in general, as there's already so many other pop music forums out there (ATRL, UKMix, PopJustice etc.).... what could he do to help attract these people to sign up? So many people already know this as a Britney fansite (as it was originally meant to be) though however.  

• Leader
1 hour ago, Charlotte_the_Harlot said:

I know what you mean, of course I'm here for Britney mostly, but have nothing against other artist here. I don't know how you want to bring more people here, cause it's not the first time when exhale is changing, and in the end it's only more quiet. But if this time you have good plan, just go for it & good luck

I actually have been cooking up a plan, but it's still in the oven. Err wait that's baking up a plan. Ugh you know what I mean 

Archived