Criss Angel Intended to Transform Britney Spears into Birds at 2007 VMAs

pop analyst

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AP back then in 2017, and I remember in 2007 people claimed the original idea was to have something with mirrors and magical effects, and yes, he was gonna transform her. As far I remember, the original choreography they ended up with, only took 3 weeks to rehearse

• Super Mods

The idea sounds cool on paper but I think it would’ve been cheesy for the song Gimme More. If it was Break The Ice then it would be cool. Gimme More is meant to be gritty and as slutty, if Britney delivered on the choreo and brought her A game, if would have been perfect with a bad *** outfit too.

A special effects performance would have been incredible! No one else had a concept of such caliber that night. Although, the choreography they used for the live show would’ve performed just fine if only Britney had her head in the game. Though simple it was clean with sharp accents (they’re hard to spot because she missed most of them).

You can see them in the video with the stand-in. Replace her with a properly rehearsed, rested and focused Britney... this alone would have been magic. Now imagine 2016ney hitting that choreo! Perhaps not VMA 00/01/03 level of iconic, but classic Britney nonetheless.

She was well aware of what was at stake... this was her night. If you watched the red carpet event before the show, literally EVERYONE was rooting for her return. 

Musicians, actors, commentators and fans all wanted to see Britney kill it. 'GM' had been all over the radio. But she somehow thought it was a good idea to party all that weekend, making her late & burned out for the few rehearsals she actually attended.

Shame on MTV for letting her go through with it, but ultimately this is one is all on Brit. 

:nyschool:

4 minutes ago, F r e e Brit said:

A special effects performance would have been incredible! No one else had a concept of such caliber that night. But the final choreo that they ended up using for the show would have worked just fine if only Britney had her head in the game.

It was simple but clean with sharp accents. The rehearsals with the stand-in looked pretty legit to me. Throw in a sober, well-rehearsed & rested Britney, and that alone would have been magic.

Just imagine 2016ney doing that performance! Perhaps not a 00/01/03 VMA level of iconic, but classic Britney nonetheless.

She knew very well what was at stake. This was her night. And if you watched the red carpet event before the show, literally EVERYONE was rooting for her. Musicians, actors, commentators, fans, they all wanted to see her kill it. 'Gimme More' was all over the radio. Yet she thought it was a good idea to party it up all that weekend, arriving late & burned out to few rehearsals she actually attended.

Shame on MTV for letting go through with it, but ultimately this is one is all on her. 

It would be simple magic, yes. She would have surppassed not only herself but maybe even.. Madonna!

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, F r e e Brit said:

A special effects performance would have been incredible! No one else had a concept of such caliber that night. But the final choreo that they ended up using for the show would have worked just fine if only Britney had her head in the game.

It was simple but clean, with sharp accents. The rehearsals with the stand-in looked pretty legit to me. Throw in a sober, well-rehearsed & rested Britney, and that alone would have been magic.

Just imagine 2016ney doing that performance! Perhaps not a 00/01/03 VMA level of iconic, but classic Britney nonetheless.

She knew very well what was at stake. This was her night. And if you watched the red carpet event before the show, literally EVERYONE was rooting for her. Musicians, actors, commentators, fans, they all wanted to see her kill it. 'Gimme More' was all over the radio. Yet she thought it was a good idea to party it up all that weekend, arriving late & burned out to few rehearsals she actually attended.

Shame on MTV for letting go through with it, but ultimately this is one is all on her. 

50 cent was the most genuine. He was mad rooting for her and was visibly excited to see her perform when asked on the red carpet and his reactions during the performance was sad. He looked so disappointed, what a sweet guy.

• Super Mods
13 hours ago, jordeezy said:

To this day the Circus Tour magic tricks blow my mind... anyone figure out the illusion of how they "cut her in half"?

She’s actually off to the side and is craning her neck out. There’s actually more than enough space in there.

Oh lord, here we go everyone talking about what if, what it could have been. The woman needed a break, and it was sad to see her not be 2001ney...but honestly i watch it and it wasn't that bad....just her extensions were bad, and the rest was unrealistic expectations of how her body should be after having 2 children. 

Her mind wasnt in it, she had too much life drama and she was a woman in her early 20's. We should all move on as a fan base, so she can. 

Archived