Glory the final Britney album?

BritneyJeanAmaze

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Lorenzo said:

Her European tour was one of the biggest of the year. Not to mention that she broke attendance records in Israel. And I don’t see what you’re trying to argue here? Vegas residencies never sell out quickly. Some people here are acting like Britney is on the same boat as Christina Aguilera or Nelly Furtado 

Yeah she wasn’t there in awhile. I didn’t mention Europe. 

Her home audience needs some excitement. She can’t just do a shitty show like Pom and expect it to sell again. 

When she comes back (if she does) I hope and her career needs a good single. 

I don’t get why fans argue against hopes for a decent charting single that is quality. I’ll even just take quality and care over charting but like I said Vegas and home shows struggled. Her career needed a change so maybe this break whatever it is will cure it. 

While Britney may be entering the  “twilight years” of her career I don’t think she’ll be anywhere near done for another 10-15 years. Britney’s debut album is about to hit 21 years of age and she’s given us 9 near perfect albums (minus BJ) so even if Glory was her last she would’ve gone out with a huge bang if you ask me. 

2 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

Yeah she wasn’t there in awhile. I didn’t mention Europe. 

Her home audience needs some excitement. She can’t just do a shitty show like Pom and expect it to sell again. 

When she comes back (if she does) I hope and her career needs a good single. 

I don’t get why fans argue against hopes for a decent charting single that is quality. I’ll even just take quality and care over charting but like I said Vegas and home shows struggled. Her career needed a change so maybe this break whatever it is will cure it. 

Well POM residency was one of the most successful shows in Vegas ever, regarding the US tour, it was unrealistic to expect her to sell out arenas considering that she had already performed the same show in Vegas for 5 years, but even though she was performing in smaller venues, she managed to sell very expensive tickets.

Regarding Domination, it wasn’t struggling at all if you consider that she had just finished a 5 years residency and a world tour, especially compared to some of her peers who are struggling to sell more than 40% in their very first residency...

On 10/31/2019 at 8:46 PM, Crayboy said:

I’f much rather her release an album in the next 2-3 years if it’d Top notch quality, her heart and Soul are in it, it’d lyrically a masterpiece and very well produced sonically, as opposed to releasing one just to please fans, cship people and label 

This.  I’m not interested in another Myah Jean. 

On 11/1/2019 at 3:52 AM, babyimmafreak90 said:

Really? :jlostare:

First of all, I can’t take you seriously because your name is britneyjeanamaze :jlostare:

Secondly, Britney is a permanent A lister. You don’t leave a mark like her and have impact that still lasts today just to, all of a sudden, find yourself without any demand :ririshade1:

Thirdly, Britney is still under contract to make albums. She may be in the middle of some personal drama that she’s sorting through, but that does not mean she’s down and out. The last time she went through her personal drama, she came back with 515k first week sales and a number 1 song. All it takes is one good bop to get people’s attention and everyone roots for Britney.

If anything, no one over 25 is here for the other p(fl)op girls right now. Pop music needs help and I believe Britney is one of the only names that could bring a revival upon us (if managed and promoted correctly etc). 

Adele and Riri have been without albums for just as long or longer than Britney and they manage to come back. Like, if you’re over waiting and want to move on, off you go. But Britney will be back, and so will you :hiii:

EXACTLY, "one good bop". I don't think she's ready to retire. However, I do still agree partially because, look at her last few singles, Pretty Girls, Make Me, Private Show, Slumber Party... Had she opted for "DYWCO" a much more s**ualised song that matches well with the current music coming out in Mainstream Pop etc, she might have captured the audience's attention better imo.

Or a ballad type song like "Man on the Moon" which breaks my heart. "What You Need" could have come alongside a fun iPhone black/white video of her singing at a bar somewhere... Lots of ideas! But the singles that were chosen didn't fly high enough or at all.

I personally found Pretty Girls annoying (though the beat at the dance cut was HOT), Make Me was a no from me (I like it now but it was a grower for me and I was anticipating a dancy BOP but got this), Private Show was cute but also a bit of a meh (might have been cool if they made mini singles like in the 90s and included them in gift-sets of the fragrance! I would have bought the gift-set for the CD!) and then Slumber Prarty where I am always referncing the version originally put out that sounded like a TRUE DUET with Britney and Tinashe (some lines overlapped well to sound like they were singing together - rather than the official version where they take turns).

I get so passionate about this topic. I don't mean to offend anyone and I'm wide open to any differing oppinions. 

There will always be demand for new music from her, and even if her star power is fading fast she still has enough hardcore fans to keep going on with her career. 

The fact is, is she willing to meet that demand? To perform, promote, tour (expecially these days cause u need to be everywhere and constantly release new material to surface)? Cause she is clearly over it and it shows by the lack of care about almost everything that revolve around her artistry. 

It's her will to be a popstar that is missing, not the demand for her. 

1 hour ago, Shiznit said:

EXACTLY, "one good bop". I don't think she's ready to retire. However, I do still agree partially because, look at her last few singles, Pretty Girls, Make Me, Private Show, Slumber Party... Had she opted for "DYWCO" a much more s**ualised song that matches well with the current music coming out in Mainstream Pop etc, she might have captured the audience's attention better imo.

Or a ballad type song like "Man on the Moon" which breaks my heart. "What You Need" could have come alongside a fun iPhone black/white video of her singing at a bar somewhere... Lots of ideas! But the singles that were chosen didn't fly high enough or at all.

I personally found Pretty Girls annoying (though the beat at the dance cut was HOT), Make Me was a no from me (I like it now but it was a grower for me and I was anticipating a dancy BOP but got this), Private Show was cute but also a bit of a meh (might have been cool if they made mini singles like in the 90s and included them in gift-sets of the fragrance! I would have bought the gift-set for the CD!) and then Slumber Prarty where I am always referncing the version originally put out that sounded like a TRUE DUET with Britney and Tinashe (some lines overlapped well to sound like they were singing together - rather than the official version where they take turns).

I get so passionate about this topic. I don't mean to offend anyone and I'm wide open to any differing oppinions. 

So many inaccuracies in one post :mj: First of all, Private Show was never a single, it was a promotional single, just like Do You Wanna Come Over was. Plus in what world did Do You Wanna Come Over match the current trends? You know, Glory was released in 2016, not 2011. And in 2016, and even now, a lot of artists (Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber, Rihanna etc.) we’re having a lot of hits with mid-tempo songs. Both Make Me... and Slumber Party are mid-tempo songs, so the single choices were right.

22 minutes ago, Lantis said:

There will always be demand for new music from her, and even if her star power is fading fast she still has enough hardcore fans to keep going on with her career. 

The fact is, is she willing to meet that demand? To perform, promote, tour (expecially these days cause u need to be everywhere and constantly release new material to surface)? Cause she is clearly over it and it shows by the lack of care about almost everything that revolve around her artistry. 

Just because her new music doesn’t set the charts on fire anymore that doesn’t mean that her star power is “fading fast”. Her greatest hits will never be forgotten and, as proven by Piece Of Me Tour, she can still sell out multiple arena shows around the world, unlike others. Plus what does her supposed lack of will to be a pop star even have to do with releasing new music? She can just release the music that she likes without promoting and performing it everywhere since she has nothing to prove anymore. Lastly, sorry but you seem very out of touch with reality: we are in 2019, not 2004, nowadays to be successful you don’t even need to promote and perform everywhere. Some of you are stuck in the 2000’s.

4 hours ago, Lorenzo said:

Just because her new music doesn’t set the charts on fire anymore that doesn’t mean that her star power is “fading fast”. Her greatest hits will never be forgotten and, as proven by Piece Of Me Tour, she can still sell out multiple arena shows around the world, unlike others. Plus what does her supposed lack of will to be a pop star even have to do with releasing new music? She can just release the music that she likes without promoting and performing it everywhere since she has nothing to prove anymore. Lastly, sorry but you seem very out of touch with reality: we are in 2019, not 2004, nowadays to be successful you don’t even need to promote and perform everywhere. Some of you are stuck in the 2000’s.

Please, let's not act like it's 2009. Her star power sure is fading as we, the hardcore fans, are the only ones who supports her new releases, then they fall off the charts cause the GP just doesn't care anymore. Also, the fact she sold out arenas is because of how nostalgic her act is nowaday, not because people are still interested in her. 

Last, the fact you support the "I don't have anything to prove anymore" is quite sad and sure is feeding the idgafk anymore behavior of her. Yes, we are in 2019, artists keep releasing stuff, videos, interviews, etc. to promote their works, not 2 videos (a shitty one and a good one, for example) with a gap of months between them. Who's stuck in the past now? 

7 hours ago, Lantis said:

Please, let's not act like it's 2009. Her star power sure is fading as we, the hardcore fans, are the only ones who supports her new releases, then they fall off the charts cause the GP just doesn't care anymore. Also, the fact she sold out arenas is because of how nostalgic her act is nowaday, not because people are still interested in her. 

Last, the fact you support the "I don't have anything to prove anymore" is quite sad and sure is feeding the idgafk anymore behavior of her. Yes, we are in 2019, artists keep releasing stuff, videos, interviews, etc. to promote their works, not 2 videos (a shitty one and a good one, for example) with a gap of months between them. Who's stuck in the past now? 

Britney’s last lead single was a platinum certified top 20 hit, so it’s not “only the fans”. And stop discrediting her success, the fact that million of people are still willing to pay to see her, with tickets that actually cost like this 

it means that they are still interested, whether it is for the nostalgia or whatever, since there are other female artists who came out around the same time Britney did who can’t even sell out theaters, or hit the top 100 with their new releases for that matter. So again, stop discrediting Britney’s success, considering that in a lifetime you probably won’t be able to achieve what she has achieved in 5 years of her career. And no, she has nothing to prove anymore, it is a fact: in less than 20 years she has achieved what a lot of artists fail to achieve in their lifetime: she is the 3rd biggest female hit maker of all time (only behind Madonna and Rihanna), she is 6th most successful female album seller in history, and this decade she was the 10th biggest female touring act. So yeah, with those achievements she has nothing to prove anymore. Good luck with your job at a gas station though.

1 hour ago, Lorenzo said:

Britney’s last lead single was a platinum certified top 20 hit, so it’s not “only the fans”. And stop discrediting her success, the fact that million of people are still willing to pay to see her, with tickets that actually cost like this 

it means that they are still interested, whether it is for the nostalgia or whatever, since there are other female artists who came out around the same time Britney did who can’t even sell out theaters, or hit the top 100 with their new releases for that matter. So again, stop discrediting Britney’s success, considering that in a lifetime you probably won’t be able to achieve what she has achieved in 5 years of her career. And no, she has nothing to prove anymore, it is a fact: in less than 20 years she has achieved what a lot of artists fail to achieve in their lifetime: she is the 3rd biggest female hit maker of all time (only behind Madonna and Rihanna), she is 6th most successful female album seller in history, and this decade she was the 10th biggest female touring act. So yeah, with those achievements she has nothing to prove anymore. Good luck with your job at a gas station though.

Lmao you are SO pressed honey, there is no need to talk about my job, wich actually gives me the chance to handle my life in such a pleasant way, to try hiding the fact Brit's "success" nowadays is just based on her previous achievements than anything else. Yes, people pay to see her and watch messy shows, and do you really think this is going to last 4ever? She is clearly far from being interested in investing in her own career in first place, wich is totally understandable considering the situation so... enjoy the upcoming hologram on stage, since she has nothing to prove anymore. Bye. 

2 hours ago, Lantis said:

Lmao you are SO pressed honey, there is no need to talk about my job, wich actually gives me the chance to handle my life in such a pleasant way, to try hiding the fact Brit's "success" nowadays is just based on her previous achievements than anything else. Yes, people pay to see her and watch messy shows, and do you really think this is going to last 4ever? She is clearly far from being interested in investing in her own career in first place, wich is totally understandable considering the situation so... enjoy the upcoming hologram on stage, since she has nothing to prove anymore. Bye. 

Me? Pressed? I’m not the one trying to diminish someone’s success and accomplishment. You were claiming that nobody cares about music from Britney expect for fans, and you were proven wrong, you were claiming that people aren’t interested in seeing her, and you were proven wrong again, you were also denying that Britney has nothing to prove anymore, and you were proven wrong. So clearly I’m not the pressed one who feels the need to come in a Britney forum to troll. Plus, what’s the problem if her success is based on her previous achievements? Madonna does it, Mariah Carey does it, Beyoncé does it, but it’s only a problem when Britney does it? This success based on previous achievements is called having a legacy that will live on forever. You like it or not Britney is still one of the most profitable musicians out there.

7 hours ago, Lorenzo said:

7 hours ago, Lorenzo said:

Me? Pressed? I’m not the one trying to diminish someone’s success and accomplishment. You were claiming that nobody cares about music from Britney expect for fans, and you were proven wrong, you were claiming that people aren’t interested in seeing her, and you were proven wrong again, you were also denying that Britney has nothing to prove anymore, and you were proven wrong. So clearly I’m not the pressed one who feels the need to come in a Britney forum to troll. Plus, what’s the problem if her success is based on her previous achievements? Madonna does it, Mariah Carey does it, Beyoncé does it, but it’s only a problem when Britney does it? This success based on previous achievements is called having a legacy that will live on forever. You like it or not Britney is still one of the most profitable musicians out there.

U know, stating facts is not a way to diminish someone's success, it's quite the opposite actually, as I'm not denying the fact she is a true legend, but honestly, to think she is still as relevant as you say (her choice of course, as she would be able to be on top again), well, that's just delusional. But I guess she also needs blind stanning these days to keep going with the "I don't have anything to prove anymore" behavior. Some fans wants their fav artists to challenge themselves, being involved in their artistry, care about their career. Some others are like you. 

Anyway, we will see what the future holds when she is ready to be back on stage. She has so many other things to take care of now, so it's just normal for her to have other priorities beside her career, and I support this wholeheartedly. 

On 11/4/2019 at 4:29 PM, Lantis said:

Exactly.

Archived