Occurance and symbolism of Britney being in an *actual* cage

summer2summer

This isn't a *conspiracy* theory thread so to speak. But i was watching some old and new videos and couldn't get past the weird and twisted fact of Britney being in an ACTUAL cage  in her own work and imagery ever since 2007. Here's the list of the occurances and feel free to add more in the thread: 

1.Piece of me tour : right after circus , she's in the cage dancing ( piece of me song) ...with "handlers" around her. In the middle of the song she gets out or the door is open but is shut again. ( so f**king strange and odd) 

2. In the opening video of the femme fatale tour she's being sought after and is captured. After hold it against me ....up n down comes on and she's ...AGAIN behind BARS. Now the good thing after both those instances she does get out before the performances finish. 

3. In a very recent event as we all know. In the original make me music video ...well , again she's in a cage. And is painted red oddly so. 

I don't know if this is looking at something "too deep" or whatever. But i just couldn't look at those instances or performances the same way after this year . I mean in a weird , horrible and twisted mind it's so happened to be that she actually is in a way living in a cage since 2007/08 . And the cage theme came up right after. 

Can you guys think of any other ones? Even slightly similar? 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a typical symbolism, not just in britneys case..

The whole "songbird"-persona, about people wanting to capture a bird that sings well, and hide it away from the world, instead of letting it be free. I see what you mean, but c-ship isn't her only problem.. Just look at how we fans treat her, we want more, right now people are allready waiting for new music, regardless her state of happiness.. The media wants her to do what they want, the label, everything. As an artist, I don't think you can ever be "free". 

some of the video/stage/set directors who usually are the ones behind these concepts might have saw something about Britney, her image as a whole and they translate their thought into images that we see in her music videos/performances/photoshoots.

its like a repeated motif if you ask me and like one fan said above that it was her own choice in the Slave performance because of her reality 

5 hours ago, Alex_1991 said:

The first two were written - NOT BY HER - early in her career. Work Myah isn't even sung by her so no

I know... but I am saying it was the truth in our face the whole time...  they planned this.  They told us the Britney Spears image is a slave, born to make them happy and that she has to work, *****.  She is so lovely but why does she cry? 

Archived