Can we expect a britney reference in normani's performance today ? UPDATE: NORMANI SAID SHE STUDIED BRITNEY'S PERFORMANCES.

Toxic.Latin

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cause Britneys snake performance is legendary. Britney is always gonna be huge part of music and mtv but unfortunately we only can remember her iconic past performances. It is sad but it is that it is. Woman been slaved so don't wait nothing iconic from her anymore. Still her Billboard medley was really good.

As she should. We always hear of artists naming off who they were inspired by, looked up to, and wanted to be just like. Michael Jackson, Elvis, Janet, Whitney, and Madonna are the ones you hear over and over. We’re now onto a new generation of starts and Britney has taken her spot on that list, and rightfully so. She is a true legend. Someone who has made history and will be talked about when they bring up the greats. 

Oh Lord... Does this mean I’m officially old now?? :decisions:

I thought the camera angles were really clever. Particularly the part when she looked up as the dancer ripped off her clothes, very reminiscent of the music video. She was clean, sharp, and looked like she was having the time of her life up there. 

I appreciate the effort. Doesn’t quench my thirst for the queen, but I could see me becoming a stan.

:mhm:

I have not been this excited about a new pop act since lady gaga in 2008. NORMANI is that pop star we've been waiting for. I am so excited to see what she has to offer. AND the fact that she recognizes the importance of our queen makes me like her even more!

I really liked the performance but unfortunately a couple things fell flat. Her backing track seemed to be skipping and her outfit got stuck which threw me off. And I think it threw her off too because the solo stunt/dance break felt odd. Then the end was anticlimactic. I’m being critical of course. She is a great dancer and performer.

honestly, everything she did was great, she looked great and the stage was great but the whole thing was just too tacky for me. Im just not into watching half naked women hump the floor anymore. It had 0 class and that back walkover didnt go with the flow it was like she just put it in there to show that she could do it. But she is immensly talented and I cant wait to see her future performances.

its just so tacky..

tumblr_pwvjd2c8v71uu7hnto1_540.giftumblr_pwww8efzqH1xqg2cgo4_540.gifvtumblr_pwww8efzqH1xqg2cgo3_540.gifvtumblr_pwww8efzqH1xqg2cgo2_540.gifv

like the whole thing just screamed "OMG I HAVE TO SHOW PEOPLE EVERYTHING I CAN DO"

tumblr_pwvl8uTaNk1rsi0yho3_540.gifvtumblr_pwvl8uTaNk1rsi0yho4_540.gifv

Imagine if Brintey would have added a back handspring, back walkover, the splits, her cool back arch and a handstand walk across the stage at the 2001 VMAs. It would have been total overkill.

This was my favorite part.

tumblr_pwvl8uTaNk1rsi0yho2_540.gifv

I think it was better than everyone else but she needs to rehearse more if she wants that Britney performance status. She was in the wrong place on stage for both overhead camera shots - you could see where the spotlight was expecting her to be. And then the outfit thing... it would have been better if she had done it. But having two grown dudes strip her off felt awkward to watch. 

Overall good, but this is why Britney remains the untouchable female performer. In her prime it’s like you were watching perfection— or she at least had enough swagger to play everything off like it was planned to go that way.

Archived