Can we expect a britney reference in normani's performance today ? UPDATE: NORMANI SAID SHE STUDIED BRITNEY'S PERFORMANCES.

Toxic.Latin

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope so. She also referenced her in the MV for her new single Motivation (she also referenced Beyoncé, JLO, Ciara and other early 2000’s pop stars). I wish her the best, she’s an amazing performer and I’m kinda tired of all these new basic pop stars with minimal stage presence 

10 minutes ago, Hannah said:

Its so sad how far we've fallen. We've gone from hoping Britney will perform to hoping that she's referenced :mcorangu:

I feel bad for all those times I laughed at Xtina fans :airpls:

Well there wasnt hope for her to perform like she doesnt have material ... glory was released 3 years ago. Its good for her to stay away for a time so she can comeback ala 2008. B10 will be huge.

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Toxic.Latin said:

Well there wasnt hope for her to perform like she doesnt have material ... glory was released 3 years ago. Its good for her to stay away for a time so she can comeback ala 2008. B10 will be huge.

Why should she after being paid dust by them?

i love that she loves britney. she's definitely "coping" her in a way. she did a "streaptease" in her performance like britney did with oops so yes, she did as expected. 

p.s. i miss the old vmas with britney killing the stage, i hope one day she performs there again

Normani said that she studied Britney's performances before her own VMA

Spoiler

she also said Britney is one of her favorite artists :well:

Britney's IMPACT!
2 Tributes to her Snake performance and one of the biggest rising stars (and probably the best performance-wise) citing Britney as study influence :rihclap:
Can yall spell Legendary?

She did slay, indeed. It always is so weird though that all these celebrities appreciate Britney, call her "iconic" etc. However she's still considered a complete "guilty pleasure", if you say she's your favourite artist you'll get funny looks. Idk, it feels that there's a certain shame associated with Brit but when the VMAs come around, it's quickly forgotten about. 

Archived