Me Against The Music vs Slumber Party

MATM VA Slumber Party  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods

I honestly don’t care that much for slumber party hated that it’s wasted as a single. It’s a good song but not single material and having tinashe was pointless. Liked the video beautifully shot. Love the director, Colin Tilley needs to come back. Don’t care for Sam, a wax figure could do the same thing. I used to hate MATM but lately I’ve grown to appreciate it, I like it then but thought it’s just okay.

So hands down MATM all the way if it comes down to it. Everything is so iconic about it. Not to mention when has she been able to handle a complex choreography like that nowadays?

I’ve never really been a fan of MATM. The song is mediocre at best and should not have been the first single when there were many worthy songs in In The Zone. I feel like it was chosen just because of Madonna. The video is good tho, but Toxic and Everytime remains the superior videos from the era. 

Slumber Party on the other hand is one of my top 5 from Glory, is an amazing song and that last chorus drop is just tropical heaven. Tinashe is unnecessary but the video is complete slay. It lacks a storyline, yes but the visual pleasure and the colour palette is more appealing than MATM to me. IDC what y’all say it was a good second single and would have smashed had Britney actually promoted it and got more exposure.

So obviously, Slumber Party wins both for me

:hipney:

3 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

Slumber Party, on the other hand, I didn't like that much at first but then it totally grew on me. The solo version. I'm not here for the fanmade Tinasha bootleg demo, but yes, the original solo version that's on the physical version of Glory is very nice. Britney serves sultry vocals and the production sounds and feels expensive. I LOVE the video. It's so aesthetically pleasing and Britney serves masquerade **** glam and Tableney / Slutney. She gave the gays everything they needed and then some-

Slumber Party *is* a certified flop tho. Nobody outside of the fandom knows of its existence and even Europe rejected a song by the Queen.

Now, was it a good single choice?

Reveal hidden contents

NO

The era would most likely end prematurely regardless.

I don't understand how you can say all those great things about Slumber Party as a song and a video but then say it wasn't a good single choice. Are you saying that just because it didn't do well? It's one of the best songs off Glory, we got one of her best videos for it, and it was and is still very current to what's on the radio when it was released. I don't think it flopped because it was a bad choice, I think it flopped because no one knew about it. Why do you say it's a bad choice? I genuinely want to understand because so many on this forum keep saying that, even those that actually like or love the song, which I don't get.

MATM as a song is kind of basic. Don't get me wrong, I love MATM as a song but it doesn't capture that song "wow" factor that other Britney singles have. Not to mention it was completely overshadowed by Toxic, but Toxic is the superior song here. The video is fun and I love her outfit and choreography but that's kind of it. Everything about this song doesn't live up to Britney's iconic status. It's fun and I love every performance/remix of it, but that's all it is: fun.

When it comes to Slumber Party I feel divided. I love the song. Everything about Glory was a fresh new take but yet everything on it felt so undeniably "Britney". Would I have made Slumber Party the second single? No. Would I make it a single? Definitely! My non-stan friends enjoy the song. The sound was trendy at the time which would've made the GP like it more IMO. When it comes to the video? WOW. Just wow. Personally my favorite video she's ever done. Beautifully shot, she looked amazing, the dancing was INCREDIBLE, everything was a win-win for me. When it comes to Tinashe on the track, I can do with or without her. She doesn't add to it nor does she take anything away. Even in the video she doesn't really do much. She never really danced (and we all know this girl can MOVE) so I don't feel like her on the track was necessary. I thought the track was fine as a solo version. If they were going to make SP the second single: fine. But this song needed way more promotion. I personally thought other tracks could have shined in the second single space but Slumber Party is undeniably a great song. But the song needed way more coverage. Can you imagine if Britney actually performed this song at the AMAs? She gives us a primeney-esque performance with HUGE production? The stage is set up to look like a manor and the masked **** is happening while she does the dance from the video. UGH. It was just such a huge missed opportunity.

Love both songs. But I clearly prefer Slumber Party lol

Archived