Britney songs that might have a darker meaning

Since the free Britney movement I’ve noticed that some of Britney’s lyrics seem to be darker and have a deeper meaning for example

Out from Under is about Britney’s relationship with her father “you keep coming back to tell me you’re the one you could’ve been” and the conservatorship “So let me go, just let me fly away” “maybe I can live without when I’m out from under” Out from Under was also supposed to be the lead single but Britney thought it was “too personal”...

• Like 4
10 hours ago, BritneyisSkinny said:

Since the free Britney movement I’ve noticed that some of Britney’s lyrics seem to be darker and have a deeper meaning for example

Out from Under is about Britney’s relationship with her father “you keep coming back to tell me you’re the one you could’ve been” and the conservatorship “So let me go, just let me fly away” “maybe I can live without when I’m out from under” Out from Under was also supposed to be the lead single but Britney thought it was “too personal”...

Ofu is a cover tho, of a song from a Bratz movie:hideous:

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, BritneyisSkinny said:

lol wtf. out from under was never supposed to be the 1st single. "Underground" was rumoured to be the 1st single (which turned out to be Mannequin) and only because of the "secret rehearsal video" that MSN leaked. and lol, OFU is a song from Bratz movie. lmao

• Like 2
  • 2 years later...
On 6/23/2019 at 10:29 PM, BritneyisSkinny said:

Agreed.. listening to this again and feels like she’s referring to her dad and the entire conservatorship. 

• Like 1

Man on the moon. I still dont get wtf she says in the last bridge.... 

OR... Everybody from Blackout. 

The original song she samples the intro from, Sweet Dreams, talks about having control over other people, and other people having control over oneself. 

some of them want to use you

some of them want to get used by you

some of them want to abuse you

some of them want to be abused

Obviously brinti twisted the meaning to her song but maybe the intention to sample precisely THIS song was something related to control-issues. Ok, stop it there, too much conspiracy theory :awkblink_britney_awkward_blinking:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block