A theory about (My) Prerogative

jennyj

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doubtful.  She probably hasn’t performed it because it flopped as a single and it isn’t even an iconic or particularly well-known cover like her version of ‘ILRnR’ is.  I’m guessing its strong ties to her relationship with Kevin and their marriage and that whole period of her life doesn’t help, either. 

12 hours ago, DirtyMind said:

Doubtful.  She probably hasn’t performed it because it flopped as a single and it isn’t even an iconic or particularly well-known cover like her version of ‘ILRnR’ is.  I’m guessing its strong ties to her relationship with Kevin and their marriage and that whole period of her life doesn’t help, either. 

Do Something was an even bigger flop and she performed it at M+M, Circus tour and POM. Likewise, ILRnR was a flop in US compared to My Prerogative, which charted at #101 (Bubbling Under Hot 100 #1) :yaknow:

But the theory that it wasn't performed because it had close ties to Kevin could be true as she didn't perform Criminal either as Jason was in it. Then again, Perfume is about the infidelity of Jason and she has performed that at POM tho. :thinkney:

4 hours ago, DirtyMind said:

It wasn't a flop. It reached #4 on Global chart (Media Traffic) and I definitely heard it often on radios during 2004-2005. (remember that US is not the only country...)

And not to mention that I've never heard Bobby Brown's original version until these days when I found out that Britney's version is a cover.

I could be reaching here but maybe she didn't include the word MY for the fragrance because it is supposed to be gender neutral.  With her using MY, it speaks to her....being feminine and a perfume rather than a fragrance for everyone.  Just a thought.

9 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

I thought that there were legal reasons?? I thought that the person who wrote it originally said she can record it but not perform it. Or was that just a rumor? :cigney:

That's possible, but I'm sure they could have easily had an agreement, just like she did with ILRnR.

9 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

I thought that there were legal reasons?? I thought that the person who wrote it originally said she can record it but not perform it. Or was that just a rumor? :cigney:

Didn’t the producers for Domination say they were going to include it in the tracklist though?

On 5/10/2019 at 2:49 PM, DayvinDazone said:

Slay sis!

The thing about Primeney is that she performed songs she liked and whether the song slayed or flopped wasn't a factor.

Now she performs all the hits and you can tell she's secretly dying inside :orangu:

flops? explain more

The song was confirmed for Domination, actually.

I know it doesn’t really count but the song was also featured in FFT, albeit it was very brief.

The video features Kevin. I like to think that’s why it was never really acknowledged by her. I’ve also heard the Bobby Brown rumors which add to to the song’s feature in FFT, it was the part Britney wrote that was included, not any aspect of the song minus the instrumental I guess. 

But it was confirmed for Domination along with Overprotected. Maybe Daddy Spears and Lou weren’t a big fan of that part of the show.

Archived