#FREEBRITNEY | Britney’s Gram Received Worrying Voicemail Regarding Britney

Please read read read my thread about the nature of Conservatorship before we decide to "free Britney" then answer these questions:

Is Britney's conservatorship of the person or the estate or both?

If it's of the estate, then by ending it, will Britney be able to handle her own finances?

Does Britney want to handle her own finances?

If it's of the person, then has Britney been able to take care of herself and others?

Personally, I can't say I'm against or pro Conservatorship because we don't know anything regarding her actual situation. Appearances and candids and work out videos here and there are not informed enough for us to assess her situation.

It depends on the judge, the Court Investigator and Britney herself to get her out of the conservatorship. If she indeed wants out, she can. The Court Investigator is the key person to inform the judge regarding whether to end the conservatorship or not.

Do we know which type of Conservatorship she has?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Kiey said:

IMPORTANT QUESTIONS TO ASK:

If it's of the estate, then by ending it, will Britney be able to handle her own finances?

If it's of the person, then has Britney been able to take care of herself and others?

Britney's conservatorship is both of the person and of the estate. There's a lot of articles and documents about that and that's the reason why her life's controlled to even the most basic stuff like driving or owning a cellphone.

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, land said:

Britney's conservatorship is both of the person and of the estate. There's a lot of articles and documents about that and that's the reason why her life's controlled to even the most basic stuff like driving or owning a cellphone.

Does anyone have an actual file of the terms of her conservatorship? I want to read but can't be able to find.

But if she's so restricted to that degree, it's because the court orders it. Which means there's something seriously wrong going on. If she really hates it, she can always notify the Court Investigator or ask someone to do it on her behalf if she feels violated or abused.

• Like 2

At this point, I can't say I'm pro or against it.

There's so much the fans don't know.

Hearsays and "sources" are not valid for us to be advocating and protesting.

But I think it can be healthy in a way because the support can make the judge and investigator be very careful in their decision making.

I don't think it's right of the fans to pry into her private personal information tho so the fans need to do it in a healthy, non-evasive way.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Donna Roberts we said:

My ?is if she  was  touring making videos ÷ect how is she in need of any kind if conservatership,?she's  making  $for her boys and their future not to mention others that's what I have a hard time understanding of it.

exactly

Are we absolutely sure it's for the person and not just the estate

because it's very different 

56 minutes ago, Kiey said:

Please read read read my thread about the nature of Conservatorship before we decide to "free Britney" then answer these questions:

Personally, I can't say I'm against or pro Conservatorship because we don't know anything regarding her actual situation. Appearances and candids and work out videos here and there are not informed enough for us to assess her situation.

It depends on the judge, the Court Investigator and Britney herself to get her out of the conservatorship. If she indeed wants out, she can. The Court Investigator is the key person to inform the judge regarding whether to end the conservatorship or not.

Do we know which type of Conservatorship she has?

As someone with legal background I assure you I have asked myself these questions more than once.

HOWEVER,

The disturbing facts in this case that made me support the movement is the lack of independent representation on Britney's side, and even worse, the denial of her own representation by the attorney of her choice. She should be able to defend herself at all times.

Equally disturbing, if Britney is indeed supposedly incapable of caring for herself or others, is the fact that :

1/ there seems to be a complete lack of professional psychiatric guidance. If she is ill, there should be regular care by professionals. Shipping her off to a cheap mental facility now and then is not sufficient;

2/ it is mind boggling that she would be subjected to things like performing and touring, in which she has to deals with large crowds, and constantly meeting strangers.

This movement to me is about a critical investigation of this conservatorship. Because lawyers, court appointed conservators, court investigators and judges are people, some of whom seem to have significant financial interests in this case.

It's about checks and balances.

• Like 7

lnk3h5vfpv9j41khdlpi.jpg

so i just finished watching the new film 'Under the Silver Lake', directed by David Robert Mitchell ('It Follows') and starring Andrew Garfield. It Follows is one of my all-time favorites so i was incredibly excited to see UTSL, which was unfortunately twice delayed after polarized reception at Cannes last year (despite being nominated for the Palme d'Or). it being 2 hours and 20 minutes long with meandering storylines and little resolution was the overarching critique from those who didn't like it, but Mitchell refused to edit it down or reshoot and, ultimately, A24 released it April 19 with a couple screenings in LA and NYC, then straight to VOD.

"Sam (Andrew Garfield) is a disenchanted 33-year-old who discovers a mysterious woman, Sarah (Riley Keough), frolicking in his apartment’s swimming pool. When she vanishes, Sam embarks on a surreal quest across Los Angeles to decode the secret behind her disappearance, leading him into the murkiest depths of mystery, scandal, and conspiracy in the City of Angels."

trailer:

Spoiler

i quite enjoyed it for being so out-there in content yet existentially relatable in Sam's millennial burnout (and technically brilliant execution)—his coping mechanism to find meaning is following and developing conspiracy theories in LA, specifically his neighborhood of Silver Lake. but after its final shot, imagine my mind seeing this in the end credits:

33WH6yv.png

Sam Lutfi… err… 'Sam Lufti'

interesting typo. i wondered if there was a Sam Lufti who is not Britney's Sam Lutfi, and despite his last name having the same incorrect spelling in the film's marketing materials, it is our Sam who's credited on IMDB and elsewhere. he hasn't tweeted about it and i can't find any mention from him, but i digress.

"In films, executive producers finance the film or participate in the creative effort, but do not work on the set. Their responsibilities vary from funding or attracting investors into the movie project to legal, scripting, marketing, advisory and supervising capacities."

how strange? he doesn't work in the film industry... his only other credits are for associate producing a 2001 short film executive-produced by Ben Affleck, Crossing Cords ("Is this a typical evening or a bizarre spiritual journey for two friends running away from their past?") and a 1998 drama starring Neal McDonough, Circles ("Jeremy is a college student whose only care in the world is the number of girls he's seeing that week.").

i'm not surprised he'd be interested in modern films about Hollywood conspiracy theories given his past and present involvement with Britney, but how the hell did he get wrapped into a major indie film by one of the most promising new directors in Hollywood? the closest reference to Britney was a scene in which Sam (the character) trespasses the mansion of an old man known as 'Songwriter' who has spent his entire life ghostwriting America's most iconic songs for the sole purpose of hiding subliminal messages only understood by the world's most elite—including 'I Want It That Way'.

here is some of that incredibly captivating dialogue from the screenplay:

Spoiler

I don't always worry what the message is.
I just pass it along.
I slip it between the notes.
I hide it away from people
who know it's there.
You said you've done this before?
Codes?
I wrote the music your dad grew up to.
Half of what you're singing along
to as a kid, and I'm still good.
And these teenagers are
dancing to my music.
# I want it that way #
- # Tell me why #
- You're telling me there's...
hidden messages in old pop songs?
In movies, television shows,
everything you know.
Why?
That's pop culture, isn't it?
You throw it away like tissue paper.
When I blow my nose,
I find a used Kleenex, I recycle it,
and there is your wedding song.
Here it comes.
# I don't know what love is #
# And I want you to show me #
What are the tunnels for?
Is there gonna be a war?
Aw, hell, I don't know.
I'm just trying to make a living
and earn a few dollars.
Well, you have everything.
No.
You know this girl?
Well, isn't she pretty.
# Earth Angel #
# Earth Angel #
- She was killed...
- # Why won't you be mine? #
...along with Jefferson Sevence' ******.
- I think you already knew that, huh?
- No, I did not.
But I don't care what's fashion or cool.
It's all silly and it's all meaningless.
I created so many of the
things that you care about.
The songs that give your
life purpose and joy.
When you were 15 and rebelling,
you were rebelling to my music.
Uh-oh.
That one you know.
That song was not written
on a distorted guitar.
No, I wrote it.
Here, on this piano, somewhere between
a blow-job and an omelet.
There is no rebellion.
There's only me earning a paycheck.
- I don't believe you.
- Oh, good.
Because the real message
was not meant for you.
So, it's better if you just smile,
and you dance,
and you enjoy the melody,
because this ugly old man... me...
I am the voice of your generation.
Your grandparents, your parents,
and all the young people that follow you.
# I love rock and roll #
# Drop another dime in the jukebox, baby #
Aw, look at you.
Everything that you hoped for,
that you dreamed
about being a part of, is a fabrication.
Your art,
your writing,
your culture...
is the shell of other men's ambitions.
Ambitions beyond what
you will ever understand.
That's funny to you?
That's a little bit
funny. Don't you think?
Because I wrote this!
And I wrote this!
And I wrote this.
- Stop it.
- And I wrote this, too!
Stop it!
Who's paying you to write these songs?
Who's paying you to write these songs?
Oh, ****!
Look! You fools, you're in danger!
Can't you see? They're after you!
They're after all of us!
Our wives, our children, everyone!
They're here already! You're next!

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=under-the-silver-lake

i don't have much else to add here. i'm just really perplexed… especially by the unlikelihood that a major Hollywood Lynchian conspiracy film executive-produced by Sam Lutfi would be delayed two times and then quietly released in the midst of the #freebritney movement. and the paradox of it all.

****bonus reading from reviews with language that raised eyebrows as a Britney fan:

Spoiler

[…] the ****** encounters are so awkward and self-aware in their presentation, and Sam is such a passive participant (he doesn’t instigate a single one), that they come across as comments on the preposterousness of this hackneyed trope rather than an indulgence of the same. Even the anticlimactic resolution of the Sarah mystery articulates a send-up of damsel-in-distress storylines.

If anything, Silver Lake represents an attempt at reclaiming geek culture from the vomitous legacy of The Big Bang Theory et al. by coming up with a character who is not an insufferable caricature and placing him within a narrative traditionally reserved for hard-drinking, woman-beating alpha males. It’s a fantasy, yes, but it’s not toxic like those found in many of the revered texts that inspired it. Perhaps Mitchell’s real sin was having the temerity of amending the canon. x

Can a movie be both meandering and compelling? A lot of “Under the Silver Lake” feels like both, and one has to give Mitchell credit for taking the cache provided by “It Follows” and doing something this ambitious. There’s a fascinating idea embedded in “Under the Silver Lake” that suggests that if everything has a deeper meaning then nothing has the meaning we ascribe to it. Media and art mean nothing if they are just conduits for hidden messages. You know that song you love for its emotional power? It doesn’t mean what you think it means. It’s not the hidden truth of a world of conspiracies that would be so disheartening, but the realization that everything you believed was a lie. x

But the next day, when Sam goes back, she’s gone. In fact, the whole apartment is empty, save for a box in a closet containing some of Sarah’s things: doll versions of Hollywood starlets, a ********, and an image of Sarah, which Sam tucks into his pocket. He needs to find her. […]

It’s enough to make you go a little crazy and head for a bomb shelter. But nobody’s really going to do that, at least not without taking the TV along with them, and the internet, and a phone too. By the end of Under the Silver Lake, all those references to popular culture have been thrown into a pile that suggests the movies have taught us — women especially, but men as well — how to be looked at, how to be watched, how to position ourselves to be seen, and how to properly celebrate when we do get looked at. It’s no Mulholland Drive, but the point of Under the Silver Lake rhymes with themes from David Lynch’s masterpiece: that lifetimes of watching others has instructed us in how to be watched ourselves. The movies have given us roles to play in real life. And someone else is always profiting. x

[…] The movie features a prostitution ring of young woman decked out to look like characters from pop culture (very “L.A. Confidential”); a stunning performance artist known as the Balloon Girl (Grace Van Patten); and a sequence that feels like something out of a dream, in which Sam is led to the home of The Songwriter (Jeremy Bobb), who turns out to be…the secret mastermind behind all pop music since the dawn of the counterculture. He wrote “Smells Like Teen Spirit” on the piano! So “rebellion” is just a sham.

For those of us who feel religious about pop music but never thought that it had all that much to do with rebellion, this is not exactly a sinister notion. But more to the point: What’s it doing in the movie? Mitchell wants to create an aura of generational nightmare, in which pop culture is carrying hidden meanings controlled from above. But it’s hard to tell if the film is embracing schizophrenic logic or just jumping the shark. […] #article-comments" rel="external nofollow">x

[…] Sam also casually objectifies every woman who wanders into his field of vision, which some viewers have mistakenly perceived as the film’s failing rather than the character’s. That’s understandable early on, when Riki Lindhome’s friend-with-benefits seems to have no function other than taking her clothes off (and asking questions that lead to important exposition); by the time Sam and a buddy (Topher Grace) use a drone to spy on a lingerie model, watching uncomfortably as she strips to her underwear and then sits there crying, it should be abundantly clear that that depiction is not endorsement in this case. […] x

The fog is thick in Under the Silver Lake—but it’s neither the funk of pot smoke (though there is some of that) nor bad weather. Rather, it’s the confusion located somewhere behind Andrew Garfield’s brow. His character, Sam, prowls the streets like a Scooby-less Shaggy in search of answers to a riddle he only half comprehends. Hypnotic, spiraling and deliriously high on its own supply of amateur-sleuth–movie references, writer-director David Robert Mitchell’s deeply personal follow-up to his relentless meta-horror film It Follows vaults him into Big Lebowski territory, by way of several Lynchian side streets. It’s the kind of raggedy-*** thriller that only happens when a young filmmaker, emboldened by success, throws away discipline, hoping to summon the full, meandering spell of a paranoid nightmare. Don’t hold it against him. x

• Like 8