Billboard Names Britney's "Baby One More Time" The Best Song Of 1999

Slayer

Britney grew up watching and idolising Madonna.
So it really isn't that weird or hard to believe Britney wanted to be a "****" - "catholic" girl in her debut music video.
She learned through observation of her idol, clearly.
She also spent her teen years telling people that she hopes to have a career like Madonna's.
I think once she introduced an idea like that and that she idolised Madonna... executives were happy to go with it for obvious reasons.
The idea isn't even that crazy. Lots of girls did it in school. She just decided to do it in a music video because its her and relatable.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Lilith said:

The label would never ever in a million years allow a fresh newly signed underage little girl to RISK the money they put into the contract with her, to have a SAYING in the concept of the video. Simple as that. It's a glaringly blatant lie that "she came up with the concept". It wasn't her idea. They lied bc it takes the weight off of their shoulders for using an underage little girl in their '****'/lolita-themed concepts/videos/shoots etc.

If for example, was running a label myself I would never allow a newly signed underage little girl to have ANY saying in the concept of the video. I wouldn't risk the money i put on. I wouldn't trust her, and why should I? It's BUSINESS, I put the money and I get how I WANT things to be. Same thing Britney's label did. It's not hard concept to grasp. It's BUSINESS. not charity. They were not gonna let a little girl to boss them around on how the video will be with the money THEY put forward. PERIOD

So because, according to the all knowing Lilith, she was " underage" and therefore could not give ideas to what she wanted? I mean yes, she was "underage" but I didn't know that excluded her for knowing what could possibly work in her, and by proxy, work for everyone involved. 

I mean she was 16, and I really think she was able to throw out ideas and know the style of video that would work for her and her audience. I mean the director on numerous occasions, admitted that everyone thought his initial idea for the video would not work. Nigel respected the artist and listened to her, which is awesome when adults actually listen and trust a younger person and set their ego and pride to the side. I have mad respect for everyone involved. 

I mean the concept of the video is not at all serious and not very in depth. I just don't get some "fans" that don't believe Britney is\was able to come up with a ****, tounge and cheek video of someone who is 16 having fun with friends hanging out after school and dancing. She knew, girls and boys, her age would \could relate to the video. 

2 minutes ago, Lilith said:

Lemme explain it better to you bc u keep failing to understand one important thing. The label, a bunch of grown *** old men, the ppl that were in charge of creating the video/the whole lolita-image they went for, it would look BAD if it fell to ppls attention that a BUNCH of grown *** adults manufactured and created a lolita-like themed/with '****' presentation with suggestive music videos/photoshoots/concepts etc for an UNDERAGE little girl.
Do you fail that hard to understand how serious that is? The public will TEAR THEM APART if they got to realize that it was them moving the strings behind that. NO LABEL in the whole world would EVER agree to risk their money they put forward into a contract with a newbie underage little girl to let her boss them around on how the direction of the image/appeal/concepts will be. It's BUSINESS. Do u understand that? They had a pretty little girl in their hands and they would absolutely try to sell her in any way possible to GAIN MONEY. And what's best way to do that??? To create this ****-lolita-like themed manufactured popstar in the making, to appeal to the audience and cater the male audience. That's the reason why they went with that direction. That's the reason why they had to lie so ppl wouldn't hunt them with pitchforks for manipulating an underage little girl turning her into a lolita-themed fantasy to cater to a wide range audience including (but not limited to) fueling male audiences fantasies/perversions/thoughts.

It's too naive to believe that somehow a little girl would boss around a label as a newly signed artist with no prior experience at a major scale of signing a contract and risking their money. PERIOD.

Wow. You are impossible. Like, I just can't. So Britney throws out an idea, which she is all in her right to do, I mean if she was uncomfortable with all the "grown *** adults" and did not feel comfortable with the outfits and playing up the "lolita" image then she would of said something. It was her idea, she felt comfortable doing what she was doing because she's not an idiot. 

The fact you are totally disrespectful to Britney in thinking because she was so "underage" she was not allowed to have any ideas. 

And you call yourself a "fan". 

A classic from a living legend :whatitellu:

She was so in control of her career more than anyone will ever give her credit for. She fought to be in the video, she fought for the video to be her idea, etc. If she had not had this great music video the song would have possibly flopped. She's such a legend. <3 

11 hours ago, Lilith said:

Oh sweetie, you think Britney would dare to say no? No honey, Britney wanted badly to be a superstar, she was not going to dare and say no as a newly signed clueless artist with a label putting money on her :cackling: she would do anything to succeed. If anything she would actually be indeed an idiot if she refused because then well... the label would easily drop her if they wanted to, and pick up another lil girlie in her place to make her a superstar. You think Britney was the only girl around? Dozens of girls like her at the time to use :well:
And no label would allow an underage little clueless girl to boss them around with the money THEY risked for her. P.e.r.i.o.d.
You have no idea what goes in behind this industry. it's not rainbows and all fair game. There is a lot of ugly **** behind closed doors and ppl will do what they want with the money they put into someone one way or another. it's BUSINESS.

You're a joke, please delete your account. You look a damn fool. :queenflopga:

1 hour ago, Cwazy said:

Both sides are possible tbh :raven: Hollywood is a messed up place :raven:

I guess we'll never know until Britney writes that tell-all book :raven:

even then Lillith will claim Britney was forced to fabricate lies to sell books because how could it be possible that someone with a mental illness would be even capable of writing a book 

:surething:

3 hours ago, Cwazy said:

Both sides are possible tbh :raven: Hollywood is a messed up place :raven:

I guess we'll never know until Britney writes that tell-all book :raven:

Even then, Lilith would not believe. I mean Britney, along with many other people, stated the video was all Britney's. A "tell-all book" won't change anyone's mind. But, because Britney was so "underage", she was incapable of coming up with any suggestions. She apparently was so naive, she did not give, or could not, give any ideas because she was so young. 

Apparently, since this was her first video, that she helped all those "old *** men" understand how her idea would make more sense to people her age. 

3 hours ago, 3isacharm said:

even then Lillith will claim Britney was forced to fabricate lies to sell books because how could it be possible that someone with a mental illness would be even capable of writing a book 

:surething:

Myah Marie will ghostwrite it :jj:

Archived