Britney Spears' albums on vinyls

Cedric

25 minutes ago, ydmc said:

whyyyy? why would you want that when :

1. most of y'all have shitty record players which just end up scratching records

2. they will just slam the cd files on a poor virgin record which will result in a pointless thing

3. vinyls are not eco friendly. I'm all for buying second hand/ old records, but mass producing records again is just an ecological abomination.

stop giving them shitty ideas. just listen to her music on spotify

1. There's new vinyl players that are really good, and also allow you to play music from your phone and such.

2. The quality from the Glory and BOMT vinyls was good as far as reviews go (for the music, not the packeging)

3 & the bottom part. Neither are CD's, DVD's and Blu-ray's, but I'd rather own my media in physical form instead of depending from the internet to hear it. License expires, it happens to movies, music and more. I recall there's a singer who recently re-recorded her first two albums because her ex-label didn't let her put them on streaming and also in rotation for printing again. If you wanna hear the original files, you would need the CD or something else. People cry when a movie is pulled from Netflix or iTunes, and then the DVD is Out of Print. Having it in physical form instead of streaming is MUCH better.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, ydmc said:

whyyyy? why would you want that when :

1. most of y'all have shitty record players which just end up scratching records

2. they will just slam the cd files on a poor virgin record which will result in a pointless thing

3. vinyls are not eco friendly. I'm all for buying second hand/ old records, but mass producing records again is just an ecological abomination.

stop giving them shitty ideas. just listen to her music on spotify

we can tell you listen your music on spotify to have such a shitty opinion

1 hour ago, Cedric said:

we can tell you listen your music on spotify to have such a shitty opinion

lol.

t'as même pas la capacité de répondre à mes arguments ? rip le mec

Minding about ecological issues and the preservation of our planet is not "having shitty opinions".

+ wtf? what kind of an answer was that? Aren't you able to have a civil conversation with someone you don't agree with? Like what's next, calling me a *** ? Come on, you're trying to shade me cuz I'm telling you I don't believe vinyl records are a good thing, even though I own hundreds - vintage ones - (so you're point is basically invalidated), without trying to dig a bit within the convo?

Britney would be proud :tbh: 

1 hour ago, DexWillBeThere98 said:

1. There's new vinyl players that are really good, and also allow you to play music from your phone and such.

2. The quality from the Glory and BOMT vinyls was good as far as reviews go (for the music, not the packeging)

3 & the bottom part. Neither are CD's, DVD's and Blu-ray's, but I'd rather own my media in physical form instead of depending from the internet to hear it. License expires, it happens to movies, music and more. I recall there's a singer who recently re-recorded her first two albums because her ex-label didn't let her put them on streaming and also in rotation for printing again. If you wanna hear the original files, you would need the CD or something else. People cry when a movie is pulled from Netflix or iTunes, and then the DVD is Out of Print. Having it in physical form instead of streaming is MUCH better.

1. Untrue : most people have shitty hi-fi systems, with shitty record players : manufacturers build shitty stuff nowadays. 

2. Untrue. Glory was ok, the BOMT was basically just the cd files slammed onto the vinyl with no new mastering or ****.

3. Untrue too : you can have personal digital copies of your music that won't involve owning a physical object.

Most of all the ecological argument is my main concern. But at least you were able to form complete answers to my point without cheap shading me as the other one did. 

"ugh u listen to ur music on spotify ugh i buy cassettes cuz I like quality ugh" like this conversation could have been interesting and educating for all of us, but someone chose to play dumb. Too bad it's the french-named person, makes us all look bad. Be more civil @Cedric like wtf did u learn à l'école de la république ?

Like the whole civilised world is telling you we're f**king doomed because of the way we, WESTERN PEOPLE, consume, and the only thing you can think about is producing more waste for music when technology today allows us to have a lower impact on the environment.

That's plain selfish imo. What kind of world are you planning to leave to the next generations? Are you also strong believers in the "1year1smartphone" habit ? 

Think twice when you buy something like this :

1. Do I need it ? (no -> digital music // UNLESS : for example I own old britney records from the 2000's, still bought em cause they're "vintage", from an era where vinyl were still heavily used by DJs)

2. Is it worth it ? ( no -> Most records are made in the US or europe (maybe China for a few), meaning those records will travel from those places to your home :is the energy spent to bring those records to you worht it ? )

3. Am I enabling a polluting industry ? YES : https://www.electronicbeats.net/the-feed/collecting-vinyl-actually-terrible-environment/

I'm not just trying to be shady, but tbh, seeing convos like this one just makes me a bit hopeless.

You both just came at me for no reason, what's the point ? Can't you be civil ? 

best regards ;) 

PS : I'm sorry if all of tgat sounded a bit paternalistic or whatever, but I have a tendency to get annoyed when I'm attacked while pointing out things I believe to be valid and for the greater good. 

2 minutes ago, ydmc said:

1. Untrue : most people have shitty hi-fi systems, with shitty record players : manufacturers build shitty stuff nowadays. 

2. Untrue. Glory was ok, the BOMT was basically just the cd files slammed onto the vinyl with no new mastering or ****.

3. Untrue too : you can have personal digital copies of your music that won't involve owning a physical object.

1. My brother vinyl player is modern and it's good, so it depends.

2. Hmm, the reviews I saw where good (minus the Amazon ones, but that the vinyl itself, not the tracks). But, no idea, I mean, if they sound great, I don't think the new mastering was necessary.

3. Sure you can, but not always. You can't have legal digital copies of Netflix shows in your computer. Can you? Illegaly, sure, but still. I love having my Veronica Mars dvd's (hopefully one they they will release the show in Blu-Ray). Sure, it's "more conveniant" to have all the season in one place to just click and done, but there's something about physical media that can't be archived with streaming. Sure, discs can be destroyed, but my Britney (2001) cd that I bought in 2018 (but was produced way way way before), it's perfect and the disc is in the best quality I was lucky to get. And playing the CD in my TV, you can hear sounds that you can't hear in the iTunes/Spotify files when played in the same TV. It's magic.

5 minutes ago, DexWillBeThere98 said:

1. My brother vinyl player is modern and it's good, so it depends.

2. Hmm, the reviews I saw where good (minus the Amazon ones, but that the vinyl itself, not the tracks). But, no idea, I mean, if they sound great, I don't think the new mastering was necessary.

3. Sure you can, but not always. You can't have legal digital copies of Netflix shows in your computer. Can you? Illegaly, sure, but still. I love having my Veronica Mars dvd's (hopefully one they they will release the show in Blu-Ray). Sure, it's "more conveniant" to have all the season in one place to just click and done, but there's something about physical media that can't be archived with streaming. Sure, discs can be destroyed, but my Britney (2001) cd that I bought in 2018 (but was produced way way way before), it's perfect and the disc is in the best quality I was lucky to get. And playing the CD in my TV, you can hear sounds that you can't hear in the iTunes/Spotify files when played in the same TV. It's magic.

1. it depends yes, but let's not pretend most of the people will spend more than 100€ on a record player + hifi system. 

2. I don't really do reviews, usually clueless people write them. Regarding pop music, does it really care ? No -> Pop music is usually mastered to sound good on whatever device it's played, but still. People are paying extra quids for standard quality.

3. Well let's rethink the way we consume media then.

+ (don't take this bad but the human ear could not make a difference between an itunes file and a cd file, unless you are like the most trained sound engeneer using the most advanced system. But it's not really the issue here, as u said, the Britney album you got had already been produced back in the day, what bothers me - and not only me - are new batches. 

3 minutes ago, ydmc said:

That's plain selfish imo. What kind of world are you planning to leave to the next generations? Are you also strong believers in the "1year1smartphone" habit ? 

1. Do I need it ? (no -> digital music // UNLESS : for example I own old britney records from the 2000's, still bought em cause they're "vintage", from an era where vinyl were still heavily used by DJs)

2. Is it worth it ? ( no -> Most records are made in the US or europe (maybe China for a few), meaning those records will travel from those places to your home :is the energy spent to bring those records to you worht it ? )

3. Am I enabling a polluting industry ? YES : https://www.electronicbeats.net/the-feed/collecting-vinyl-actually-terrible-environment/

I don't believe in the 1 year 1 smartphone. I still have my iPhone 5C that I got from my cousin (that used it for like 2 years before me) that I got in 2017. I would love to change it, of course (because it has only 8Gb and that leave me with nothing to used except Whatsapp and take like 15 photos (then the memory is full and ugh), but 1 per year? Yeah, no.

1. I do need them, cause I like listening to the CD in my player. It sounds different, and no, I'm not crazy. I was expecting it to sound the same as the Spotify/iTunes ones, but no, I was shocked.

2. I do think they are worthy.

3. I understand the enviroment issue, so again,

I don't use vinyls cause I don't have a player. I would love to have the Britney ones and then buy the player. I didn't saw the appeals when I went to see my brother, and I was like: why are you collection Vinyls? They are dated. And then he played them and, well, it was cool. And I'm talking about Luxemburgue. A place where the recycling is stronger AF. Even his girlfriend who hates one of his cars (cause it's a old convertible that he barely uses and it's so old, it's has black smoke coming out of it), and a fierce ecologist, likes to have vinyls

5 minutes ago, ydmc said:

1. it depends yes, but let's not pretend most of the people will spend more than 100€ on a record player + hifi system. 

2. I don't really do reviews, usually clueless people write them. Regarding pop music, does it really care ? No -> Pop music is usually mastered to sound good on whatever device it's played, but still. People are paying extra quids for standard quality.

3. Well let's rethink the way we consume media then.

+ (don't take this bad but the human ear could not make a difference between an itunes file and a cd file, unless you are like the most trained sound engeneer using the most advanced system. But it's not really the issue here, as u said, the Britney album you got had already been produced back in the day, what bothers me - and not only me - are new batches. 

Is there a way to see when the disc was printed?

Also, my Tv is not great, but I was still able to hear differences between them in some songs. I'm not a audiophile, but I do think that it can be noticeble

Just now, DexWillBeThere98 said:

Is there a way to see when the disc was printed?

Also, my Tv is not great, but I was still able to hear differences between them in some songs. I'm not a audiophile, but I do think that it can be noticeble

I think there's a date. + It depends if an album has been printed several times or not. Regarding Britney I'm quite positive that her early albums were produced at least twice. Maybe try and google that cuz tbh I really don't know exactly

I think there's a date. + It depends if an album has been printed several times or not. Regarding Britney I'm quite positive that her early albums were produced at least twice. Maybe try and google that cuz tbh I really don't know exactly

I saw that as dscogs, but I don't see a date on mine. I know it's a re-issue from the EU cause it has all 15 tracks (When I Found You, I Run Away and Before the Goodbye)

24 minutes ago, ydmc said:

Like the whole civilised world is telling you we're f**king doomed because of the way we, WESTERN PEOPLE, consume, and the only thing you can think about is producing more waste for music when technology today allows us to have a lower impact on the environment.

I'm not just trying to be shady, but tbh, seeing convos like this one just makes me a bit hopeless.

best regards ;) 

PS : I'm sorry if all of tgat sounded a bit paternalistic or whatever, but I have a tendency to get annoyed when I'm attacked while pointing out things I believe to be valid and for the greater good. 

I was actually wondering if its worth it continuing on with my hobbies which include cds and dvds. But as you said this is harmful to the environment, takes up lots of space and its also going out of style. I believe Samsung has already stopped making blu ray players since streaming became popular. Still nothing beats having tangible representations of my interests. Plus they come with extras that wouldnt normally be found on just the standard digital version. IE booklet for cds and bonus features and director commentary for dvds/blu rays. :pensiveney:no idea what to do

12 minutes ago, DexWillBeThere98 said:

I saw that as dscogs, but I don't see a date on mine. I know it's a re-issue from the EU cause it has all 15 tracks (When I Found You, I Run Away and Before the Goodbye)

Yeah that's the one you would find in France for example.

I don't have my early Britney albums with me, would have checked otherwise :yaknow: 

9 minutes ago, BritneysBitch82 said:

I was actually wondering if its worth it continuing on with my hobbies which include cds and dvds. But as you said this is harmful to the environment, takes up lots of space and its also going out of style. I believe Samsung has already stopped making blu ray players since streaming became popular. Still nothing beats having tangible representations of my interests. Plus they come with extras that wouldnt normally be found on just the standard digital version. IE booklet for cds and bonus features and director commentary for dvds/blu rays. :pensiveney:no idea what to do

TBH I was the same, used to buy lots of cds/dvds/VHS (.....) but I just stopped like 6-7 years ago. I still buy some from time to time, lbr here, but I'm trying to :

1. find old/already existing copies.

2. find it online

3. torrent, and here's why : when it comes to movies, as you said, there are a lot of extras and stuff on the physical copies which you can't have online - even tho it tends to change nowadays - : I torrent the DVD/BR rips. This is a way of telling the industry : change the way you distribute your products otherwise I'm not paying for it. + when it comes to big productions, from big studios, we, as consumers, are being ripped off no matter what. Just look at how much movies cost vs. how much studios make. This doesn't apply to independent moviemaking ofc. 

4. think of the greater good (i'm not religious, just in case it sounds religious) : what's more important , my desire to own Blackout in Vinyl format or ecology ? 

15 minutes ago, ydmc said:

3. torrent, and here's why : when it comes to movies, as you said, there are a lot of extras and stuff on the physical copies which you can't have online - even tho it tends to change nowadays - : I torrent the DVD/BR rips. This is a way of telling the industry : change the way you distribute your products otherwise I'm not paying for it. + when it comes to big productions, from big studios, we, as consumers, are being ripped off no matter what. Just look at how much movies cost vs. how much studios make. This doesn't apply to independent moviemaking ofc. 

I also do torrents, but I still plan on buying them on physical format when I have the money to. I'm getting all of HIMYM in 1080p, cause buying the DVD's is expensive for me (or exchange ratio is 1 dollars= 3,30 soles peruanos, and in Peru, the lowest you can earn in a fulltime job should be 930 soles each month, which isn't a lot. So, if you have a job with it, imagine paying your house, buying food, and more. Netflix in the plan of 13 dollars is like 45 soles, and you're already missing a lot of money for it. The other day I saw the new Power Rangers toys that Hasbro is doing, and they are 20 dollars each, and buying all 4, plus the shipping that it's 32 dollars, equalls a total of like +250/300 soles), but as soon as I have enough money, I will buy the DVD's.

8 minutes ago, ydmc said:

Yeah that's the one you would find in France for example.

I don't have my early Britney albums with me, would have checked otherwise :yaknow: 

I bought my CD in Paris, it was 10 euros and, well, my brother is the one who bought it, but still. It was really cheap since he gets pay in euros cause he lives in Luxemburgue.

I remember wanting to buy BJ when it came out and it was 50 soles for the standard edition. Then, when I travelled there to go visit him, I saw it was in a pile of CD's for only 2 euros in a store called Saturn, and it was the deluxe one even, so I bought it cause it was way cheaper than buying it here. I also was going to buy Glory deluxe for 20 euros, but I spend my money getting friends and family presents, and when I came here, the disc was also 50 for the standard (they don't have the deluxe)

13 minutes ago, DexWillBeThere98 said:

I also do torrents, but I still plan on buying them on physical format when I have the money to. I'm getting all of HIMYM in 1080p, cause buying the DVD's is expensive for me (or exchange ratio is 1 dollars= 3,30 soles peruanos, and in Peru, the lowest you can earn in a fulltime job should be 930 soles each month, which isn't a lot. So, if you have a job with it, imagine paying your house, buying food, and more. Netflix in the plan of 13 dollars is like 45 soles, and you're already missing a lot of money for it. The other day I saw the new Power Rangers toys that Hasbro is doing, and they are 20 dollars each, and buying all 4, plus the shipping that it's 32 dollars, equalls a total of like +250/300 soles), but as soon as I have enough money, I will buy the DVD's.

Yeah I get you.

Not as hard in france but same tbh. All of this is very expensive compared to what one CAN make. So in the end :yaknow: 

Yeah I get you.

Not as hard in france but same tbh. All of this is very expensive compared to what you make. So in the end :yaknow: 

Oh, I don't have a job. I'm 20 and in college. I would like to start working soon, so I would have to ask my mom for it. I was just doing a example. Right now luckily she's earning more money than that, but there's stuff to pay and we barely have cash left. I'm saving money right now to buy plain or bus tickets to go to Lima and see Shawn Mendes in December. I'm lucky my other brother bought me the ticket for the concert as a present for christmas and birthday (it was cheap in the section I choosed, but still, it covers both, althought my birthday is in June).

1 hour ago, ydmc said:

lol.

t'as même pas la capacité de répondre à mes arguments ? rip le mec

Minding about ecological issues and the preservation of our planet is not "having shitty opinions".

+ wtf? what kind of an answer was that? Aren't you able to have a civil conversation with someone you don't agree with? Like what's next, calling me a *** ? Come on, you're trying to shade me cuz I'm telling you I don't believe vinyl records are a good thing, even though I own hundreds - vintage ones - (so you're point is basically invalidated), without trying to dig a bit within the convo?

Britney would be proud :tbh: 

répondre à tes arguments alors que le mec d'avant a tout dit? je t'en prie, j'ai mis un vote pour c'est déjà assez. maintenant je n'ai aucune connaissance de l'impact écologique que peuvent avoir les vinyles sur la planète, tu peux avoir une opinion mais je trouve que tu prends le sujet trop à coeur when it's really not that deep, on parle de vinyls tu me parles de t'insulter de pédale what's going on girl?

1 hour ago, ydmc said:

best regards ;) 

girl on parle de vinyl it's not that deep 

On 2/19/2019 at 1:06 PM, DexWillBeThere98 said:

Well, some songs were released on Vinil: Crazy, Sometimes, BOMT, BTMYH, Oops, Stronger and Lucky.

Albums? Just BOMT (in it's regular edition of 12 tracks), maybe yeah, maybe next year they will release Oops! (not this year cause the anniversary of both the album and single is next year)

And Glory. I've seen it in my country but i didn't have the money :otears::tiffsniffle:

Archived