I love Britney but will she be #1 again?

Cwazy

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, really really cool guy said:

She's the only artist that focuses on music without taking advantage of social groups, abused women or pretending to be saving the world with her music like many current artists do. She doesn't even expose herself or her private life to be succesful like Beyonce or Ariana. I don't understand why songs and albums have to be "personal" to be acclaimed. Britney just delievers good music and that's all that should matter to critics.

I see nothing wrong with what Britney doing but they want her to become boring. 

If she has the same attitude of “I don’t care” than no it will likely never happen. 

Unless a huge star would carry her now...it’s looks almost impossible with how things are currently. 

B10 single will debut probably #25 ish (depends on how many big fans there are left) and drop after that unless things are way different than before... 

No, just like that other thread, I don't think it's even on her plans "to be #1 again". 

She already lived that, and I don't know why she would want that again. Even at her "prime" she was still criticized, mocked and not respected as an artist. Why would she be interested and getting that recognition now? 

Many of her best songs, like Oops or Toxic didn't even reach #1, so what importance can a #1 have after that? Her best videos never won a VMA, yet POM, one of her worst, got three, so again, what does it matter anymore? The same with the Grammy's, and any other award. It's like, if even at her best, she never got any of those things, why would she bother now? 

When she used to sing live and dance like her life depended on it, no one cared. 

I think she's at a point where she should be with a record label that supports her to record and release whatever she wants to, and actually allow her to release as many singles or videoclips that she wants (I think she doesn't even want to release any singles anymore lol) but yeah, I don't think she's here to make any kind of statement with her music or anything. If she ever records something again it's gonna be just for fun, not to be #1. 

A big surprise hit with a DJ. That seems like the only way. Like Marshmello or someone else feat Brit. Then she needs to keep the momentum going and can experiment and be creative, get the public attention back and then her team needs to be completely upgraded..more social media savvy and tech savvy. 

14 hours ago, nels64 said:

She definitely can. But she won’t be and THATS OKAY. 

Her worth shouldn’t be determined by her charting position. 

Hell my favorite artists besides her and Panic! have never even been top 10/20/30. 

Just enjoy the music and wish Britney the best in her personal life tbh. 

I’d rather have more experimental and involved content like Glory than a number 1 album like FF. 

High Hopes is top 10...but I hear you 

Lol at people saying Britney was real. Do yall remember she was presented as this cute **** southern virgin? Or the perfect act during the circus era and later. I love her, but she has always been a money making machine. She was a bit real during ITZ, but still at her shows it was all lipsyncing and cd playing. Shes presented as a singer, but doesnt sing... So real yall. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4986258

Will she will she not I guess even tho she would do her best it won't happen...

This whole music industry is becoming so dated and there's this whole mafia sitting behind the curtains... 'Make Me" was her most underrated mega hit that should have been No.1 on Billboard Charts, but.... I guess that explaines.

She's also not in her 20ies anymore and she's not that big of a target anymore... Like Pink said also once you under 30 years old they stop playing your music on the radio unless you're beyonce... and ofcourse Britney not putting much effort in project she does lately doesn't do her any favours too.

Even tho when she was on her primetime and on top of charts even then she wasn't treated fear from the music industry in my opinion, like she should have even more No.1s songs and get more awards from VMA's and stuff... she should have won Grammy for "Blackout". No wonder she said "Grammy's can kiss her ***" ,she knows how hard she worked her entire career and didn't get credit or taken more seriously for what she's been doing...

I'm just glad she gained a LIVING LEGEND status today and at this point in don't matter to me if she will not have NO.1 smash hit, I'll be happy if she just releases new music. She is who she is and she doesn't need to prove anything else to the world.

You can tell she still has performance anxiety more than 10 years after the end of her mental breakdown. I just don't see what she could possibly change to overcome that level of distress that she hasn't already tried.

Unfortunately due to stress, aging, medication and plastic surgery, her looks, which she was infamous for, are fading as well.

Her time as the #1 pop star in the world has long passed with the end of the Femme Fatale era. Still, she is basically a pop legend and made the largest mark of any of her contemporaries. No one can take that from her.

She will continue to release good music (see: Glory) and good music videos from time to time (see: Work *****, Slumber Party).

She will always have a place in this business just because of who she is. But she will never be #1 again. :bedtime:

Archived