I love Britney but will she be #1 again?

Cwazy

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ClaudiaDC said:

Yes she can. 

Other pop stars are just too basic. Whit a good era and project she’ll comeback. 

Right?

8 hours ago, Cwazy said:

The general public isn't into manufactured stars anymore. They want realness or perceived "realness" and artists like Ariana and Gaga provide that.

It's obviously that Ariana is talented, but during her prime (where Ariana stands at right now) Britney was much more real and outspoken in interviews and stuff, which I feel Ariana lacks. Not to mention Britney had a much huger impact. Can't agree more on Gaga tho.

20 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

Right?

It's obviously that Ariana is talented, but during her prime (where Ariana stands at right now) Britney was much more real and outspoken in interviews and stuff, which I feel Ariana lacks. Not to mention Britney had a much huger impact. Can't agree more on Gaga tho.

Ariana is especially a singer for young people. 

I think the problem with Britney is that everybody loved her for her promiscuous performances, videos and for her coolness now she’s a little boring. 

After Work B all her videos are a little basic. She’s an icon for her videography, for all her amazing performances. Britney has always sung in playback and she was the BIGGEST singer at the time so it’s not about live performances 

edit: she needs to perform like her prime. Still nowadays nobody can really compare with those performances

2 minutes ago, ClaudiaDC said:

Ariana is especially a singer for young people. 

I think the problem with Britney is that everybody loved her for her promiscuous performances, videos and for her coolness now she’s a little boring. 

After Work B all her videos are a little basic. She’s an icon for her videography, for all her amazing performances. Britney has always sung in playback and she was the BIGGEST singer at the time so it’s not about live performances 

edit: she needs to perform like her prime. Still nowadays c-nnt really compare with those performances

I think people sometimes look too much into the sexiness stuff with Britney...her performances had other elements too that made them feel special: Recreating Baby video onstage, the cool structures for oops in 2000, all the props AND choreo AND costumes AND make up AND the snake used for Slave in 2002, coming from the ceiling as a spy or some sort of agent for Me Against the Music....she brought the cool on, in a sort of MJ manner. I'd risky saying not only that has nothing to do with her sexiness, as it's in some sort of opposite direction: she'd appeal to the child in each one of us, looking like some sort of superhero character or action movie character in those amazing sets. I think that's what she misses nowadays and that's what she should try and bring back.

29 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

I think people sometimes look too much into the sexiness stuff with Britney...her performances had other elements too that made them feel special: Recreating Baby video onstage, the cool structures for oops in 2000, all the props AND choreo AND costumes AND make up AND the snake used for Slave in 2002, coming from the ceiling as a spy or some sort of agent for Me Against the Music....she brought the cool on, in a sort of MJ manner. I'd risky saying not only that has nothing to do with her sexiness, as it's in some sort of opposite direction: she'd appeal to the child in each one of us, looking like some sort of superhero character or action movie character in those amazing sets. I think that's what she misses nowadays and that's what she should try and bring back.

She must comeback with her energy. Because I fell in love with that **** Britney that was a TIGER on stage. 

When I say **** I don’t talk about ***. I am not English so I don’t how to explain it. 

But for example Britney’s performance for bbc during In The Zone era or ALL Britney’s prime performance for VMAs, BBMAs and AMAs. 

I think BBMA 2016 was very good she needs to do that with more energy and Fire 

10 hours ago, Cwazy said:

Britney is a pop music legend who has made great music and contributions but she will never be popular again unless she changes it up because she doesn't fit the current pop world where the public expects artists to be real. The release of Britney Jean and all the lip syncing made sure she will probably never be nominated for a Grammy again because she is not respected as an artist. Even if we say we don't care about her being nominated or winning. A Grammy is to musicians what an Oscar is to actors.

The general public isn't into manufactured stars anymore. They want realness or perceived "realness" and artists like Ariana and Gaga provide that. They sing live and stand up for what they believe in even if they get backlash and more importantly they connect with their fans all the time on social media not just once in a blue moon. Britney never speaks up and says anything interesting anymore to the point where now even Christina is more interesting personality-wise even if she's a bigger flop. Britney very rarely sings live enough to hear her and it's not like she does hard choreography so why? The public is tired of the lip syncing. 

She hasn't made the changes in her image and career to be popular after 2011 and probably doesn't care anymore because the breakdowns ruined her. The conservatorship controls her life and so does her team who are awful and lazy. She's a 16 year old trapped in a 37 year old body. She didn't even speak at her own residency announcement like her presence was enough or something. I hope B10 is amazing, but I won't expect it to be #1 in any sense if there's lazy promotion and this same boring mom image.

I really don't care about her going number again. 

What I want from her is a good record, decent looks and good performances in which she dances and sing the ballads live. Nothing else

1 hour ago, warioaddams said:

I want an álbum full of songs like kesha's "Praying" where Britney can be as real as can be with her emotions and express what she's been through, the only way this can happen is through her music. She needs it, we need it, the public needs it. :bedtime:

I would love Britney to be a bit more relatable but it won't happen under the current circumstances: the conservatorship and with her current team that seem to value profits above artistic growth.

Remember she wanted to talk about the conservatorship back in 2016 and her team /her father quickly silenced her. Britney neither has control of her life nor of her music. 

Of course she can be

All artist are manufactured, there's not an artist out here that isn't.  Britney not a try hard that tries to latch on anything.  It's never a requirement to speak on political issues. 

Have you seen the bullshit that gets nominated for a Grammy.  Cardi B won a grammy and she's garbage.

Britney never had to be pretentious to be sucessful

1 hour ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Of course she can be

All artist are manufactured, there's not an artist out here that isn't.  Britney not a try hard that tries to latch on anything.  It's never a requirement to speak on political issues. 

Have you seen the bullshit that gets nominated for a Grammy.  Cardi B won a grammy and she's garbage.

Britney never had to be pretentious to be sucessful

She's the only artist that focuses on music without taking advantage of social groups, abused women or pretending to be saving the world with her music like many current artists do. She doesn't even expose herself or her private life to be succesful like Beyonce or Ariana. I don't understand why songs and albums have to be "personal" to be acclaimed. Britney just delievers good music and that's all that should matter to critics.

Archived