Britney Songs That Should Have Been Singles

4 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

Luv The Hurt Away wouldn't have worked. It was a carbon copy, down to the chord progression, of another late 90s R&B track known as All Cried Out and she would have been accused of copying it. Its sole purpose of the song was to be a demo, and only a demo. I would have liked to see her record more R&B though. 

Hot As Ice was a cheap version of Maneater and it just doesn't strike to me as single material. Neither was Ooh Ooh Baby. Toy Soldier, on the other hand, I can understand. :joanne:

Now That I Found You also would have been a terrible option since that was a knock-off, Walmart version of Avicii's Wake Me Up. Plus it wasn't even finished and the verses/chorus were repeated throughout the entire song. :deadbanana:It had potential to be a good song though. :joanne: Just Luv Me also sounded too similar to Justin Bieber's sound at the time and it wouldn't have done well at all. Liar, IID - no comment. :joanne:

Ok  MR RCA

I’ve been so into Cinderella recently I never realised what a song that was :pumped: I think that would have been playing it pretty safe though. Probs better she shocked the world and went with Slave. Never was crazy on boys tbh. 

The obvious ones from ITZ. BOM, TOMH, Early Mornin’, Brave New Girl. 

Freakshow and Get Naked should have been singles from Blackout. 

Glory singles should have been so different. Man on the Moon for first single, If I’m Dancing second, Change Your Mind 3rd, Slumber Party 4th and Liar 5th :bedtime:

14 hours ago, DexWillBeThere98 said:

Funny you said this, cause a Youtuber that reacted to the OIDIA album said CMYLM had a similar instrumental (and WUSIWYG too) to Oops!

Most OIDIA songs are similar to each other. If you listen to the instrumental of Lucky and WUSIWYG, they are essentially the same song

• Like 2
20 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

I beg to differ - DLMBTLTK is one of her most euphoric singles and was the obvious single choice after Stronger, especially since Britney loved it. It was country meets an early 2000s pop ballad with a touch of divinity. It flopped but only because it wasn't really radio friendly and didn't fit the mold of what the GP expected of a typical Britney single.  :joanne:

In regards to Britney Jean, I think releasing anything else from that album would have been career suicide, unless she was willing to go to the studio and re-record or polish them up. I always said this -- I think Britney Jean had potential to be a great album had she actually finished it and put in the effort. 

Well tbh that's what the problem was with the song tbh, but we'll agree to disagree :) 

And yeah I agree with you about Britney Jean. Songs like Body Ache would have sounded so much better had Britney actually recorded more vocals for the song.

BOMT era: 

Deep In My Heart (instead of From The Bottom of My Broken Heart)

Oops era: 

Don't Go Knockin' On My Door should have been the fifth single, otherwise I'm happy with the singles as they were

My Only Wish (This Year) as a Christmas release

What U See (Is What U Get) - promo single

Britney/Crossroads era: 

Remove I'm Not A Girl from the main album, release it as a Crossroads tie in and on separate soundtrack CD with all Britney's Crossroads songs, replace it with She'll Never Be Me on album

What It's Like To Be Me (JT collaboration)

Album version of Boys with Pharrell instrumental

Before The Goodbye as a full single instead of Crossroads songs (which would be on their own soundtrack and replaced with other unreleased songs, either ones we've heard or something fitting the original Shock Your Mind theme)

In The Zone

Breathe On Me should have been fourth single  (instead of Outrageous as originally planned because of the R Kelly controversy, which I assume was known about then)

The Hook Up as fifth single 

Touch Of My Hand as sixth single

Blackout

Assume there was no contractual obligation to release Radar and her personal life didn't overshadow the album...

Get Back

Gimme More

Piece of Me

Freakshow

Break The Ice (with proper video)

Circus

keep three singles as they were, replace Radar with 3 or an unreleased song. Assume Radar was never a single. I also think Kill The Lights, Blur and Mannequin should have been full singles

Femme Fatale

Till The World Ends

Inside Out

Up n' Down

I Wanna Go

Britney Jean: 

Alien

Hold On Tight

Work ***** (as a Vegas promo single, not part of the album)

Glory: 

Do You Wanna Come Over

Make Me

Love Me Down

Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)

Mood Ring

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
5 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

My best thread @Rik :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Omg I remember this thread actually 

I was super active on exhale at this time before u know, I deleted my account and all haha. If I remember correctly I really wanted the following:

2 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Where is Lonely ma’am :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

:tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan: I like lonely but :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan: I wanted her to go with a more Neptunes Michael Jackson kind of sound :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:  In fact she should have released this too as a single if you ask me :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan: 2001 was a different time and with the radio ban they didn’t have to be so picky as long as it had a great video on mtv :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

And if they needed poppier tracks :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan: well :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan: before the goodbye is always there 

and if you really need a revenge type song why not this :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

:tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Rik said:

:tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan: I like lonely but :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan: I wanted her to go with a more Neptunes Michael Jackson kind of sound :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:  In fact she should have released this too as a single if you ask me :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan: 2001 was a different time and with the radio ban they didn’t have to be so picky as long as it had a great video on mtv :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

And if they needed poppier tracks :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan: well :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan: before the goodbye is always there 

and if you really need a revenge type song why not this :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

:tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

UM except she literally worked with MJ’s producer with ‘GODELY’. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: That song SCREAMS MJ BYEENDJS :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan: And lbr, Tell Me Am I A Sinner and She’ll Never Be Me deserved as well :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan: I wish she worked with Darkchild more as well…Jimmy Neutron stans let me hear you make some noise 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1